Bears calling Bengals for #1 pick??????

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Does Burrow come with his WR's? Dude is good, but all he had to do was throw it up somewhere in the vicinity...

I disagree heartily. There were quite a few moments in big games that prove this takeaway false. Watch some LSU tape online; I highly recommend it. That said, while I suspect Burrow will be a top QB barring his mental capability, I would not mortgage the future for the 1 spot to take him.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't disagree with you more. If you put case keenum on last years bears offense we might do even worse.

I cannot disagree with the bolded more. Nagy is a tool that doesn't coach to what he has, and purposefully so at times. But there were Ws there for Mitch to step up and take and he didn't have it in him. I am no Case fan. If he signs here, I will be emotionally numb. But we would not have done worse offensively with him.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I disagree heartily. There were quite a few moments in big games that prove this takeaway false. Watch some LSU tape online; I highly recommend it. That said, while I suspect Burrow will be a top QB barring his mental capability, I would not mortgage the future for the 1 spot to take him.
I watch only SEC games in ncaa. Like I said, Burrow is good and definitely worth the 1st pick, but he’s not worth trading everything for. He still needs help around him.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I watch only SEC games in ncaa. Like I said, Burrow is good and definitely worth the 1st pick, but he’s not worth trading everything for. He still needs help around him.

I agree with your conclusion. I felt it was unfair to characterize his success to "all he had to do was throw in the vicinity of his WRs".

If that had been true in games against Florida Insitute of Tech in September or something, it was not still true in the SEC championship and playoffs

mbison

Liked Posts:
10 first round picks would not be enough for a true franchise QB. There is no amount of picks that the Bengals would take to give up Burrows. This is fake news

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
10 first round picks would not be enough for a true franchise QB. There is no amount of picks that the Bengals would take to give up Burrows. This is fake news

"Listening to offers" is not the same as "taking" offers to give up Burrows. If you call fake news on something, don't lose sight of the context.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
"Listening to offers" is not the same as "taking" offers to give up Burrows. If you call fake news on something, don't lose sight of the context.
Oh this is definitely fake news though. The guy who made this tweet posts here as @sewie and deleted a bunch of other nonsensical threads he started when I called him out.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh this is definitely fake news though. The guy who made this tweet posts here as @sewie and deleted a bunch of other nonsensical threads he started when I called him out.

I'll take your word for it for now, but that poster's reasoning for why it was fake was flawed.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It would be hilarious for the Bears to trade a bunch of picks to the Bengals for the #1 and then they draft Chase Young. Then Burrow becomes the next Andrew Luck. We lose most games 17-13 because we can't score points and the defense is on the field for 2/3 of the game.
Wait a gawd damn second...

Are you telling me there's a way we can draft a stud pass rusher to team up with the other stud pass rusher AND have them play 2/3 of the games?!?!?!?!

giphy.gif

sewie

Liked Posts:
I didn't post any of this and have nothing to do with the original post on this topic. I deleted those other 2 just because I wasn't going to keep going back and forth with you on being fake or not. I posted it to have something to talk about what's wrong with that? No different then the damn mock drafts that people posts. Just scenarios to talk about.

Last edited:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ehhhh, i doubt this is true. Must be from MSNBC

msadows

Liked Posts:
I cannot disagree with the bolded more. Nagy is a tool that doesn't coach to what he has, and purposefully so at times. But there were Ws there for Mitch to step up and take and he didn't have it in him. I am no Case fan. If he signs here, I will be emotionally numb. But we would not have done worse offensively with him.

Then we are at a crossroads.

I don't think you understand how hard it is to play quarterback at even lower levels when you can't run the ball AT ALL.

I've watched enough of keenum. I'm sure you saw the bears game versus the redskins this past year. That's all you'd need to see to know we'd probably win LESS games and not more.

As much shit as everyone gives mitch on this board, the man does not turn the ball over as much as a lot of other bad QB's in the nfl. Case, behind this oline and lack of run game, would be a turnover machine. Guaranteed.

I still expect the bears to sign him this upcoming FA period. I still expect him to play, but I pray to god not. The only way this upcoming season is successful is if Mitch is the starter. That, I'm 100% certain of.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
They might not have a choice but to trade him if Joe goes the Eli Manning route

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wait a gawd damn second...

Are you telling me there's a way we can draft a stud pass rusher to team up with the other stud pass rusher AND have them play 2/3 of the games?!?!?!?!

giphy.gif

Imagine the possibilities. Doesn't it just make so much sense? I mean, if defense is our best squad then they should be on the field for as much of the game as possible right?

Whenever we get the ball back, I don't know if the best strategy would be to have the defensive personnel take the field and run the offense? Mack as the QB?

Or....

When we receive the kickoff we just immediately hand the ball back to the opposing team and have them be on offense.

I suppose it all comes down to which squad is the opponent's worst to determine what we'd do.

But the thought of having Mack and Young on the field at the same time while ensuring that Mitch never steps foot on the grass is just too appealing to ignore.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think you understand how hard it is to play quarterback at even lower levels when you can't run the ball AT ALL.

Christ.

I've watched enough of keenum. I'm sure you saw the bears game versus the redskins this past year. That's all you'd need to see to know we'd probably win LESS games and not more.

Yeah you are missing the actual kernel of your argument there. Anyone can counter with "I'm sure you saw the bears game versus the Packers/Rams/Broncos/Saints this past year. That's all you'd need to know we'd probably win MORE games with anyone and not less."

Case sucks but he has had a couple strings of hot QB play that lasted multiple weeks and basically at least one whole season. Mitch only gets hot vs. terrible defenses in spurts when they pop up on the schedule.

As much shit as everyone gives mitch on this board, the man does not turn the ball over as much as a lot of other bad QB's in the nfl. Case, behind this oline and lack of run game, would be a turnover machine. Guaranteed.

Mitch was like 21st ranked in INT percentage. So good for him for being better than 11 other starters out of 32??

Anyway, not turning the ball over is actually a negative for Mitch at this point in time imo. LET ME FINISH

He is playing so safe that he cannot LEARN and GROW from unleashing his throws. I was begging in 2019 when we were like 3-5 for Nagy to call it on the season and start unleashing Mitch to learn and grow for 2020! Throw the ball ALL OVER the field! Accept the INTs along with an influx of scoring and a fricking HEARTBEAT to this pathetic offense. But what do I know? Apparently the Bears were content on trying to squeak their way in with Mitch acting and playing like a product of Dilfer's rejected sperm donation. Hell of a bad move imo.

Hell, suit me up and I can guarantee I will throw fewer INTs than anyone in the league but that won't be a good thing for the Bears offense in any way.

The only way this upcoming season is successful is if Mitch is the starter. That, I'm 100% certain of.

I'm 100% certain that

1) if Mitch is the starter and also

2) IF the Bears have success in 2020 in wins, then it will be because we got it through running and defense and our passing attack will be as anemic as ever. I am sure you would be happy though as Mitch would still be "not turning the ball over", but then success is only as sustainable as running and defense gets supported and that has not historically worked well.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take a swing, you do not know what he is going to be.

Because a mid to late 1st round pick might not be anything. Take one there as well.

Going by this logic you should use all your draft choices on a QB cause "you just don't know"

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No. It was bad because of the run.

You're telling me the opposing defense is playing nickel 70-80% of the time, and you can't run the ball, that the reason your offense is trash is because your QB can't throw into nickel/dime.

When a team gives you that look you run the ball, and we couldn't. It was a joke.

Newsflash, not a lot of qb's in this league can look good against defenses like that regularly.

You're legit competing every week against a defense that knows they don't have to game plan against your rush attack because you have no rush attack.

You have zero chance of the RPO working with no run game. You have zero chance of play action working.

Yes, our qb sucks, but adding another qb isn't going to make this offense better. And yes, it is expensive to improve. Literally the only cheap option in FA is keenum. Everyone else will cost AT LEAST 10 million. You could get Scherff for 10M and fix your RG issue, or get hooper for 10M and fix your TE issue.

Would I rather have Mariotta for a 15m deal, or sign both DannyT and Scherff? Easy fucking question.
People who literally cover the league say you’re wrong but go ahead.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Going by this logic you should use all your draft choices on a QB cause "you just don't know"

You do not have the roster spots or development time to use every pick on a QB.

But you need to consistently have a young player developing when you do not have a franchise QB. The problem is that you cannot have 3-4 of them at one time.