BEARs D Elite or Great ?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Stats don't lie

The BEARs are Head and Shoulders above Everyone in the NFC with the exception of New Orleans, which they are a Head Above.

If you add Sacks+INTs+ForcedFumbles+ FF Recovered together, the BEARs lead ALL in DISRUPTION with 97

The BEARs are 15% Better than New Orleans and 29- 31% better than the Vikings and Washington.

This BEARs D is absolutely ELITE and can take them all the way to the Lombardi

This Defense is 3rd in points allowed by a small margin

The Offense has sputtered and stalled and hit Redline at 7500 RPM this season but against Green Bay, the Offense PURRED.
The Idle was High and Steady

Methodical and Rhythmic

It is purring at the right time folks. For a First Year with a New Head Coach, System, and New Skill players, the cohesion should be alarming to their opponents in the playoffs. BEARs need to just raise the Idle a bit and CRUISE into the playoffs at 4000 RPM ready to Launch at 7500 with All Cylinders Firing.

This DEFENSE is dominating and I am hoping for a Smooth Rhythmic Offense for the last two games as they await the playoffs. I could care less if they Dink and Dunk and pop a 20 yarder here and there. They need to sustain drives and not shoot themselves in the foot on O with penalties .... just Score points in the Red Zone and not do anything too cute while pounding the ball and spreading it around.

THEN come outta the Hole at Launch in the Playoffs and beat that first team by 20 cars thru the quarter while redlining at 7500 RPM.

This Team is ready for a RUN

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Elite.

I don't care if they get Trubisky killed in the playoffs, the time is now. Let him run 10 to 15 times a game - fine with me.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Definitely Elite.

Their performance in the playoffs will determine whether or not they're in the conversation for top 10 defense of all time.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Definitely Elite.

Their performance in the playoffs will determine whether or not they're in the conversation for top 10 defense of all time.

If that Offense starts shooting Nitrous, the job the Defense will need to do will be significantly lessened. The O can take the "heat" off the D and make them even more Disruptive than they have been so far. Just has to be Steady and Purr at 24 pts a game with time of possession captured

A SuperBowl Victory makes them Legendary

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
If that Offense starts shooting Nitrous, the job the Defense will need to do will be significantly lessened. The O can take the "heat" off the D and make them even more Disruptive than they have been so far. Just has to be Steady and Purr at 24 pts a game with time of possession captured

The thing about good offensive performance is that it ultimately hurts the stats of the defense. The 4th quarter stats have been pretty bad this year when we have a large lead. But in games where it was close, such as the Rams game, the defense continued to ball out until the end.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Elite D with an above average O

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm going to go with Great with a chance of becoming Elite. I want to see what they do in the playoffs. Bears did give up 30+ points to the Giants and the Dolphins. Limiting the Rams to 6 points was Elite though. I hope they get the opportunity to do that again.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I'm going to go with Great with a chance of becoming Elite. I want to see what they do in the playoffs. Bears did give up 30+ points to the Giants and the Dolphins. Limiting the Rams to 6 points was Elite though. I hope they get the opportunity to do that again.

Well 7 of those was from a pick 6, another fg from a TO in the redzone etc. Giants score was misleading, didn't watch Fins game couldn't say there.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
They started out great and became elite over the course of the season. They have shown they can shut down the best offenses in the league when they're firing on all cylinders. The defense each and every week gives them a chance to beat any team in the league and they continue to get better with each game they play.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Well 7 of those was from a pick 6, another fg from a TO in the redzone etc. Giants score was misleading, didn't watch Fins game couldn't say there.

Dolphins game was a result of ridiculous Miami heat and a hobbled Mack. The defense was gassed the entire game.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
they are greatest bears defense of all time. i thought this was clear by now.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Dolphins game was a result of ridiculous Miami heat and a hobbled Mack. The defense was gassed the entire game.

I heard something about Parkey that game too...Miami has turned out to be a decent team though, losing @ Miami isn't a terrible loss.

But wow -79 and 7-7, crazy.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure, probably the elite D of the current NFL, but Elite in the history of the NFL, well that's a different story. I'm not ready to crown this Defense that good, let's see how this year fully pans out.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Average.......

WMarshall

Liked Posts:
If they shut out 2 opponents in the playoffs, and give up 10 in the SB, I will crown them?

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Sure, probably the elite D of the current NFL, but Elite in the history of the NFL, well that's a different story. I'm not ready to crown this Defense that good, let's see how this year fully pans out.

I agree, in today's NFL you need an elite secondary like Seattle's, several HOF guys in the secondary. Those guys played together quite awhile and saw a lot of snaps together, lot of exp points for that unit. What's so impressive is how well this unit has gelled and how little broken coverages and things we've seen from them being such a young unit together overall.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Definitely elite if we are talking this season... but the historically elite talk is a little much.

Ravens are the top defense despite playing 4 soon to be 5 games against top 5 offenses.
The bears are second or third defensively depending on your opinion of the saints, (although I am putting the bears above the saints based on the turnover percentage) And they only played one top 5 defense.

Love what the defense has done, but lets not get crazy.