Bears Depth Contributed Monday Night

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Lucas III - held his own did he not? Many thought Massie’s illness could ruin the season in a previous thread. Is he a star or could he do it over multiple games or better talent - probably not, but he contributed Monday Night.

Nick Williams - Sack, 1.5TFL, Redskins run game stuffed. Is this guy that talented or is it the D around him?? Either way or a little of both - zero drop-off from the starters. Huge and unlike Lucas - very confident he could have more sustained success.

Special Teams was solid. Any other backups who got in the game even only briefly on O and D at least did their job.

Very nice to see and very impressive team effort.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I agree that having AA and Nick Williams step up was pleasant. Cornelius Lucas didn't get his name called, but he's still more J'Marcus Webb-esque than I'd like out there. I think they worked the gameplan around his deficiencies.

I have to quibble with the ST though, O'Donnell did exactly what most teams want, make them take it out of the endzone by leaving it just short of a touchback. Joel I. failed to contain and that led to a big return. Credit Pat for his kick-offs, he played pretty well, TBH. A gimpy Pineiro did the best he could, too.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I need to throw a bouquet to Lucas. He was dreadful in the preseason, but was solid last night.