Bears drafting position

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bulk of FA money and early draft picks needs to be directed to an entire rebuild of the offensive line. I don't know how you do that, but it must be the top priority. You can take whatever tight end, receiver, running back or QB you want, none will succeed with this OL. Get used to it, I will be typing this over and over and over the entire off season. I also said this last year to a lesser degree, but this situation has gotten much worse.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bulk of FA money and early draft picks needs to be directed to an entire rebuild of the offensive line.

I so want to agree with this post, but the reality is the Bears are kind of stuck with them.

Kyle Long should be an easy cut, after that you have Leno, Daniels, Whitehair and Massie all locked into contracts until 2021...three of which are guaranteed roughly ten million a year.

They certainly need to bring in serious competition, but I would expect the bulk of the OL to look the same.

However, the Bears should have the firing squad ready to end the NFL career of Harry Hiestand...one more time.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
the right guard position will need to be upgraded. Leno's and Massie's contracts makes it difficult for any changes. Will just need to add competition. Depends on how they handle the QB position, which should be priority #1.

napo55

Liked Posts:
A capable TE would be a huge plus for the offense. (Did a TE catch even one pass today?)

CB is a real need with the Prince getting old and probably gone.

RB and WR are areas of need and obviously an edge pass rusher would be great.

A good OG should be available in the 4th or 5th and if a qood OT is still on the board in the 2nd, it would make sense.

Those mid round picks have to be hits for this team to move forward.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I so want to agree with this post, but the reality is the Bears are kind of stuck with them.

Kyle Long should be an easy cut, after that you have Leno, Daniels, Whitehair and Massie all locked into contracts until 2021...three of which are guaranteed roughly ten million a year.

They certainly need to bring in serious competition, but I would expect the bulk of the OL to look the same.

However, the Bears should have the firing squad ready to end the NFL career of Harry Hiestand...one more time.

Thanks. I am probably the least knowledgeable person here on contracts. That is indeed disappointing to read. Who the hell is steering this ship?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace will draft for whatever needs he cant fill in free agency.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bears are picking #43 and #50 in the 2nd rd. A total of 8 draft picks (includes 4th rd comp pick)

Hell we shouda' lost the game today....move up a little in the draft ?:D

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
No 1st round pick, no 3rd round pick, and I see three 5th round picks.

Are we sure the comp pick is a 4th?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bulk of FA money and early draft picks needs to be directed to an entire rebuild of the offensive line. I don't know how you do that, but it must be the top priority. You can take whatever tight end, receiver, running back or QB you want, none will succeed with this OL. Get used to it, I will be typing this over and over and over the entire off season. I also said this last year to a lesser degree, but this situation has gotten much worse.
I agree the OL needs to be built up, they are a lackluster crew, particularly in the run game.

But let's be honest. We have seen far worse OL play on this team in recent history. There were years when Cutler was QB and the DL was in his lap as he took the snap.

A QB who can make quick reads and deliver the mail would do wonders for this OL and also open run lanes because the Def can't sell out. QB is the #1 need for this team IMO.