Bears getting Cowboys at the perfect time?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Have you seen the Eagles schedule? NYG twice, WASH, MIA, and Dallas, if they beat Dallas, they win the division.
As an Eagle fan the combo of Dallas falling apart and our schedule being uber easy is a Christmas present onto itself. If the Eagles drop a couple of those easy games it will be terrible, but things are lining up so well.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
As an Eagle fan the combo of Dallas falling apart and our schedule being uber easy is a Christmas present onto itself. If the Eagles drop a couple of those easy games it will be terrible, but things are lining up so well.
They have the easiest schedule left in the NFL! I’ve even chose the Bears to win out with that schedule, with the Dallas game being a wash.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
They have the easiest schedule left in the NFL! I’ve even chose the Bears to win out with that schedule, with the Dallas game being a wash.
As an Eagle fan I'm partial, but looking at who they lost to:

Week 2 - Atlanta - Very Jackle and Hyde team who went on a losing bender after our game. Do they suck? Record wise, yes, but they also beat the Saints and Panthers, so I think they are just all over the place.
Week 3 - Detroit - This was pre-injuries and the the Eagles were missing all their corners. They also went on a losing bender after starting the season 2-0-1.
Week 6 - Minnesota - They are just a good team and killed us
Week 7 - Dallas - They killed us. No excuse at all.
Week 11 - New England - Not a bad team.
Week 12 - Seattle - Again, not a bad team.

Now you tie in the wins against Packers, Bill and Bears and they have had a tough first 1/2 of the schedule.

Eagles aren't a bad team and I feel it's their time to shine.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
As an Eagle fan I'm partial, but looking at who they lost to:

Week 2 - Atlanta - Very Jackle and Hyde team who was playing well at the time.
Week 3 - Detroit - This was pre-injuries and the the Eagles were missing all their corners.
Week 6 - Minnesota - They are just a good team.
Week 7 - Dallas - They killed us. No excuse at all.
Week 11 - New England - Not a bad team.
Week 12 - Seattle - Again, not a bad team.

Now you tie in the wins against Packers, Bill and Bears and they have had a tough first 1/2 of the schedule.

Eagles aren't a bad team and I feel it's their time to shine.

I just disagree with Minnesota, they’re not a good team, at least against the Bears, that was the easiest win the Bears have had.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I just disagree with Minnesota, they’re not a good team, at least against the Bears, that was the easiest win the Bears have had.
I think a good team can still be dominated. Look at the Patriots against Baltimore. Does their only loss of the season make them bad? No. It was just a bad day and things didn't work.

That's comparable to the Eagles game against the Cowboys. Just got smoked.

For the Eagles they need to get their offense rolling. The nice part is the schedule should allow that to happen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sounds more like the Cowboys are getting the Bears at the perfect time.

Bears always seem to find a way to go into these un-loseable situations....and lose.

I definitely don't see the Cowboys as a un-loseable situation. The Cowboys have plenty of talent and can still beat the average to bad teams which is unfortunately the area in which the Bears have fallen into this season.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If the eagles don’t win their division (probably will) I don’t see the bears, eagles, or cowboys making the playoffs. Minnesota and Seattle are going to be tough to unseat from the WC.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
They have to beat the number 1 Offense next week and 3 playoff teams. With great wining records. That’s very unlikely. Heck, they might not win a single game.
Just beat the damn Cowboys! Then they would get Hicks back going into GB which is a winnable game, Chicago has shown they can beat Minnesota handily. KC will be tough. It is certainly HIGHLY UNLIKELY they go 4-0, but not impossible.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought the Eagles were legitimate SB contenders coming into the season. Now, they might get into the playoffs because of how easy their schedule lines up in December and not because they are a good team. Now Wentz has fallen apart, Agholor had a fake Twitter account ripping on Wentz and they are genuinely playing like shit. (Nice team pose in the endzone while down 14 in the 4th)
What the fuck happened to them this year?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really think so? They are a 1/2 game up on my Eagles (because they played another game) and here's the remaining schedules:

Dal: @ CHI, LAR, @ PHI, then Wash

Phi: @ MIA, NYG, @ WASH, DAL, @ NYG

Considering Miami, New York and Washington are all fighting for the #2 overall pick those could all be wins. If that happens and the Eagles still lose to the Cowboys they are 9-7. That means the Cowboys have to win at least 2 of the 3 games against Chi, LAR and Wash.

If the Eagles win the next 2 and the Cowboys lose the next 2 it's almost done. Add in that the Cowboys will be on a 5 game losing streak it will feel 100X worse.

Have you seen Wentz play lately?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
In a perfect world Garrett gets FIRED this week, Pace trades up to employ him as an assistant head coach and milks him for info on how to stop the 'Boys and the bears WIN!!!!!

If this happens I am expecting all of my haters to lick my feet for another fantastic #calledit

Thanks.

You've just entered .......The TWILIGHT ZONE
-Rod Serling

?

--------------------

Yeah Garrett needs to be gone.....NOW

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He is overrated....he usually has 10 years to throw. We see how bad he is when rushed through progressions.
Who is going to rush him? OUr pass rush has been missing for a while now

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I'm torn. I really want to see this team (especially the young guys) improve and play better, but I really dont want us to win and end up having Nagy/Pace hold the status quo in the off-season.

We have ZERO chance making the playoffs...lol
Zero? lol Why is basic math so hard on the negative people. We have a decent shot at a WC.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I thought the Eagles were legitimate SB contenders coming into the season. Now, they might get into the playoffs because of how easy their schedule lines up in December and not because they are a good team. Now Wentz has fallen apart, Agholor had a fake Twitter account ripping on Wentz and they are genuinely playing like shit. (Nice team pose in the endzone while down 14 in the 4th)
What the fuck happened to them this year?
Slow down. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Here's the themes as I see them:

Week 1 - relatively healthy. We started the season without a starting LB and nickle corner, but that was fine.
Weeks 2 - 7 - We were missing anywhere between 2-5 of our starting corners. We were signing bums off the street to play. Also we lost our #2 and #3 DTs, and in week 7 we lost our #4 DT. This was when anyone can pass on us. I'd add in that we've lead the league in dropped balls. Add in that Desean Jackson has missed the entire time and will be gone until maybe the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Weeks 8-current - A lot of WR injuries. Along with Desean we've also gotten time missed by Jeffery and Agholor. This has lead to some real crappy offensive play.

My overall thoughts - The D has been playing really well and I think they can lead a SB run. The O has to get going. Wentz has not been great, but when you watch the film breakdown many of the younger WRs are just not getting to where they should, so it's tough to put that all on the QB. I think if they get in they could be a sneaky team. I would never predict them to win, but I could see them be the underdog and surprise people, similar to their 2017 run. The hardest spot will be only having one home game. In 2017 they were 13-3 and had home field throughout. They won't have the luxury.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just dont see how the defensive line can slow Dallas's run game and their offensive line. It's a better offensive line than Philly and they had their way up front. This game will probably higher scoring than we are expecting and it'll be on Mitch to win it.