Bears have a backup QB problem...

pablovi

Liked Posts:
He's middle road backup IMO. Not starter quality for sure.

Now it is preseason vanilla playcalls, so guys won't be as open, and that patchwork backup OL couldn't block for him or any RB Nagy tossed out there. Whyte consistently had nowhere to go. At all.

CD sure liked to run backwards when things broke down though. A ghost of "Bad Rex" is scary.

If preseason is any indication, they have backup problems in every position. They just suck!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bush looking good. 6pts

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theres a lot of people on this board, as evidenced by this thread, who have 0 concerns about our backup QB situation.

And don't tell me "if Mitch is out, it doesn't matter who we have as our QB2". Last year is a perfect example. If our back up QB would have won that game in NY, we would have had a first rd bye.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Theres a lot of people on this board, as evidenced by this thread, who have 0 concerns about our backup QB situation.

And don't tell me "if Mitch is out, it doesn't matter who we have as our QB2". Last year is a perfect example. If our back up QB would have won that game in NY, we would have had a first rd bye.

It surely mattered for the Eagles the last two years

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
For those that don't understand how the offense is being called in the preseason. Nagy relays a vanilla play in and tells Daniel to just throw the ball to this player no matter what. That is the way Nagy is running the offense right now. Now the backup OTs have been bad but they were never going to make the team anyway. The Bears have plenty of players to move to OT if there is an injury (Long, Whitehair and Bars). Bars is a sneaky good signing.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder where Chase Daniels 2019 salary ranks compared with other back up QBs? 5 mil is probably near the top.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There will be better QB's cut or PS from other teams, the problem is they probably won't be familiar with Nagy's system.

Unless the Chargers go with 3 QB's either Tyrod Taylor or Cardale Jones will be out there and they are both better than CD.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Bray should be the backup. Daniel should be relegated to the coaching staff, and a QB who can actually move, should be signed to the PS.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daniel is pure shit.

I have said this before, but Chase Daniel was one of the worst college QB's I have ever seen, single handedly cost Mizzou a national championship once or twice, and I never had a clue how he got a job in the NFL, here he is 10 years later and watch...he'll make the team and probably go somewhere else next year too.

$15,000,000 for being a sucky piece of shit toad.

He played on GREAT teams in college. He was the only flaw.

And yet he fuckng outlasted Andrew Luck!! go figure.