Bears have NFL's toughest schedule per CBS Sports

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
That can happen in certain situations, but it's far less likely when the division winners you have to face are teams that are clearly still the most talented teams in their division.

In a season where playoffs are likely to be decided by a game, having the Saints and Rams instead of the Bucs and Cards/Niners could easily be the difference between getting in or not.
The Cards and Niners gave us some tough games and SF will be good this season. I'd rather play NO in Chicago than to play in SF, Atlanta, or Carolina next year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Cards and Niners gave us some tough games and SF will be good this season. I'd rather play NO in Chicago than to play in SF, Atlanta, or Carolina next year.

Really? What makes you think that the Niners will be that close to the Saints?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As long as da Bears play in BEAR WEATHER, dey will win all da gaemz.

BEARS
I debunked this, CCS wasn't hearing it

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
It wouldn't surprise me if after 2019 season it's still one of the toughest. Note that it's only 2 opponents different from the rest of the NFC N, so as long as GB or MIN don't sweep their "easier" opponents while CHI drops one or both "harder" games, it should average out okay, Bears being the better team.
That being the case -- NFC North teams same tough schedule, give or take a couple games -- then I expect the Pack and Vikes to get chewed up by most of these teams... they'll probably be 3 games behind just past mid-season. = p

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That being the case -- NFC North teams same tough schedule, give or take a couple games -- then I expect the Pack and Vikes to get chewed up by most of these teams... they'll probably be 3 games behind just past mid-season. = p

Exactly. IIRC Bears have KC & NO while the rest of NFCN doesn't. I'd figure 1:1 on them is doable. Fighter's chance in every game really.

Hell, 2 years ago, a lesser Bears roster beat NO, if not for Miller's late leg loss TD rob (NFL admitted later it was a TD)...cough with a FOX offense! So yeah, there's a chance. Things changed since then, but nearly all for the better on Bears' side at least.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hold on a second. When exactly did the NFL admit it was a touchdown? Because I distinctly remember that piece of shit Al Riveron used that specific play as an example on what wasn't a catch.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Really? What makes you think that the Niners will be that close to the Saints?
The Niners will be good but still below the Saints. The Saints struggled to end the season and they aren't world beaters when they had north and outside. We struggle to beat bad SF teams in SF so I like our chances playing at home against a team we play well at home.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What brings you into the Bears board?

Bears also have Mitch Trubisky which limits them. Also Chiefs have a QB who can overcome all of that. Too bad the Bears didn’t have a chance to draft a guy like that.
But the chiefs don’t have Deshaun Watson, so they are evenly matched with all other teams as also rans

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leomaz, your obsession with me is putting msadows last fall to shame. Going around frantically disliking everything I post, and rabbiting on about Deshaun Watson like some insane drunk girl is only showing how much I'm under your skin. You have absolutely zero chill. Please improve.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Exactly. IIRC Bears have KC & NO while the rest of NFCN doesn't. I'd figure 1:1 on them is doable. Fighter's chance in every game really.

Hell, 2 years ago, a lesser Bears roster beat NO, if not for Miller's late leg loss TD rob (NFL admitted later it was a TD)...cough with a FOX offense! So yeah, there's a chance. Things changed since then, but nearly all for the better on Bears' side at least.

Actually, the NFL doubled down on it not being a TD. Remember the Al Riveron video?:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ecision-overturn-chicago-bears-td-zach-miller

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The rest of the NFCN just isn't scaring me as much the experts suggest it should. Still as others have said, this could be a better team with a worse record than last year. I see the Bears making it to the post-season and winning at least one playoff game this year.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leomaz, your obsession with me is putting msadows last fall to shame. Going around frantically disliking everything I post, and rabbiting on about Deshaun Watson like some insane drunk girl is only showing how much I'm under your skin. You have absolutely zero chill. Please improve.

@LEOMAZ

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The Niners will be good but still below the Saints. The Saints struggled to end the season and they aren't world beaters when they had north and outside. We struggle to beat bad SF teams in SF so I like our chances playing at home against a team we play well at home.
You mean they had a hard time with NFC North and anyone outside there division?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Thanks for correcting. I recalled reading the admission, but turns out it was him & NFL saying that according to the new rules, it was a TD. Also, Sean Payton said it wasn't even debatable in another article I found last night. I should know the NFL rarely admits being wrong.
It's still an interesting play review. It shows how complicated it can be to review a completed pass.

If anyone is interested, here a vid of Senior VP video analysis of why he's sure it's an incomplete: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...al-Review-Why-was-Zach-Miller-s-TD-overturned

I can see what he's saying, but I don't see 'indisputable evidence to reverse the call on field', rather there might be enough to not reverse an incomplete call on the field.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It's still an interesting play review. It shows how complicated it can be to review a completed pass.

If anyone is interested, here a vid of Senior VP video analysis of why he's sure it's an incomplete: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...al-Review-Why-was-Zach-Miller-s-TD-overturned

I can see what he's saying, but I don't see 'indisputable evidence to reverse the call on field', rather there might be enough to not reverse an incomplete call on the field.

Thanks for sharing. Don’t get me started on this shit. There’s threads abundant on here with photos showing that where he’s circling isn’t actually the ball, but rather a shadow from Miller’s body, because the ball is visible in a COMPLETELY other area literally one frame past where they stopped the video. That’s *why* they stopped the video.

The NFL are such crooked dishonest fuckers. God dammit, I can’t believe I willingly watched that video again.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nothing frantic about anything I do you old wanker.
Zero chill? Seriouslyits that what the kids are calling it these days? Post something interesting and not fanboyish scooter and well give you a thumbs up Bwahahahahaha.