Bears living life in QB limbo.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Something should give this offseason. You should either get rid of Nagy, get rid of Trubisky, or get rid of both. If they trot both Trubisky and Nagy back out there in 2020, I'm not even sure I'm going to watch this shitshow again.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Something should give this offseason. You should either get rid of Nagy, get rid of Trubisky, or get rid of both. If they trot both Trubisky and Nagy back out there in 2020, I'm not even sure I'm going to watch this shitshow again.

Even though that might not be what the fans want it might be all Pace can do for at least next season. Like it said in the article it's easy for us fans to say go get another QB, but not quite as easy for the GM who has to be smart about it how he goes about spending the cap and using the draft picks. All we can do is wait and see and hope whatever he chooses to do ends up working as good as it can for the Bears.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Even though that might not be what the fans want it might be all Pace can do for at least next season. Like it said in the article it's easy for us fans to say go get another QB, but not quite as easy for the GM who has to be smart about it how he goes about spending the cap and using the draft picks. All we can do is wait and see and hope whatever he chooses to do ends up working as good as it can for the Bears.

Or...

HE CAN GET OFF HIS DUMB ASS AND FIX THE FUCKING MESS HE CREATED BY BEING A DIPSHIT!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Or...

HE CAN GET OFF HIS DUMB ASS AND FIX THE FUCKING MESS HE CREATED BY BEING A DIPSHIT!

He missed on a quarterback. It happens, a lot, a lot lot.

Sorry, but there is no fix. If mitch busted this team busted. Mitch WAS our superbowl window, his improvement was the catalyst to take this team to the promissed land. It's why we traded for mack. It was a swing and a miss. Now we are back to drafting another QB in 2 years, by then the defense will not be stacked.

Basically, what im saying, is we fucked fam. There is no fixing this mess.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
they will both be back next year so you might as well give up now

msadows

Liked Posts:
they will both be back next year so you might as well give up now

100% guaranteed. Mitch will be the starter game 1 also unless he completely shits the bed these last 7 games.

You don't bench a #2 pick unless hes tremendously terrible or you have a considerable upgrade. My prediction is mitch plays just well enough to end the year. We bring in a scrub like marriota, and allow them to "battle" in camp to feed the sheep and make them happy. Then crown mitch as the QB1.

Only way mitch or nagy are gone is if we basically lose out or mitch just shits the bed. He's been inept thus far this year but hasn't had a mason rudolph type game yet.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
100% guaranteed. Mitch will be the starter game 1 also unless he completely shits the bed these last 7 games.

You don't bench a #2 pick unless hes tremendously terrible or you have a considerable upgrade. My prediction is mitch plays just well enough to end the year. We bring in a scrub like marriota, and allow them to "battle" in camp to feed the sheep and make them happy. Then crown mitch as the QB1.

Only way mitch or nagy are gone is if we basically lose out or mitch just shits the bed. He's been inept thus far this year but hasn't had a mason rudolph type game yet.

He is currently 31st in QBR, only higher than Mariota who us benched.
He is currently 35th in QB rating
He is currently 27th in DVOA

reggie_love

Liked Posts:

it wouldnt even surprise me if mitch had a couple good games down the stretch after they are out of it and they give him his 5 yr option. if you want to end this shit show youhave to fire pace and that aint happening right now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fact that this team is so bent over by the QB position that they will piss away 2 seasons on magically hoping Mitch is not garbage is a real testament to the leadership of Ryan Pace.

#firepace

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He missed on a quarterback. It happens, a lot, a lot lot.

Sorry, but there is no fix. If mitch busted this team busted. Mitch WAS our superbowl window, his improvement was the catalyst to take this team to the promissed land. It's why we traded for mack. It was a swing and a miss. Now we are back to drafting another QB in 2 years, by then the defense will not be stacked.

Basically, what im saying, is we fucked fam. There is no fixing this mess.

I am 75% there on agreeing with you and it sure feels like we are screwed and this window slammed shut.

If that is the case lets get ready for the next phase. Fire Pace, get a new GM in here and allow him and Nagy to collaborate on the next QB in 2021.

kg1187

Liked Posts:

You're deeply emotionally invested in Mitch working out as the 2nd overall pick. Mitch has already shit the bed and is a bust. Accept it and move on.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You're deeply emotionally invested in Mitch working out as the 2nd overall pick. Mitch has already shit the bed and is a bust. Accept it and move on.

No I'm not. I loved mitch last year, he showed a ton of improvement. I expected the same this year.

It has not happened, I'm done with him, that doesn't mean I can't hope he gets better. Why? Because I'm not a moron. I know him improving is the only way this team has a shot at a superbowl in the next two years. I'm sure the organization knows this as well.

Like I said, this team's superbowl window was always linked to Mitch becoming a pro bowl level QB. When he failed, this team failed, and the window closed.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
No I'm not. I loved mitch last year, he showed a ton of improvement. I expected the same this year.

It has not happened, I'm done with him, that doesn't mean I can't hope he gets better. Why? Because I'm not a moron. I know him improving is the only way this team has a shot at a superbowl in the next two years. I'm sure the organization knows this as well.

Like I said, this team's superbowl window was always linked to Mitch becoming a pro bowl level QB. When he failed, this team failed, and the window closed.

You can hope Mitch improves or you can sign Kap or Teddy Bridgewater and lock in the desired level of QB play that you aspire for Mitch.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

You're now a closet Trubs fan.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
The fact that this team is so bent over by the QB position that they will piss away 2 seasons on magically hoping Mitch is not garbage is a real testament to the leadership of Ryan Pace.

#firepace
has nothing to do with pace. it has everything to do with ownership. pace's whole reputation is tied to mitch. you think he's just gonna cut bait and say i fucked up?

msadows

Liked Posts:
You're now a closet Trubs fan.

No, I'm a bears fan.

I want my team to win. Our #2 pick succeeding would very much be in our favor. I think? No?

I think the guys been god awful all year long. He's made maybe 10 "elite" throws in like 8 games. Thats bad. He looks scared and lost and his best trait which was pocket presence is now his worst.

I also believe its mostly mental, and my hope is the fucker figures it out and gets his shit together.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If that is the case lets get ready for the next phase. Fire Pace, get a new GM in here and allow him and Nagy to collaborate on the next QB in 2021.
Agree. No reason to drag this shit show out. Pace hitched his pony to Mitch the moment he traded up for him, blew a bunch of picks and then didn't do anything for a contingency plan. Bring in a new GM with the sole purpose of fixing the QB position.