Bears need a #2 WR

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He could ascend to being one of the top slot WR's in the NFL. I like what Wims has to offer as the possession WR. But there isnt a true deep threat on the roster once Gabriel gets cut.

I do not think deep speed is needed that much. Mitch has never been a good deep timing throw guy. He is better back shoulder and jump ball thrower.

I would draft a day 3 guy who is 6'2"+ and can run.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I do not think deep speed is needed that much. Mitch has never been a good deep timing throw guy. He is better back shoulder and jump ball thrower.

Well that and Nagy seems apprehensive to call deep throws.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Last year trubisky was one of the league leaders in deep ball completions. Get him a speedster with a bigger catch radius.

Turbo needs to be let go. It’s nothing against Anthony Miller. When you talk about a QB with limitations .... you need an abundance of players to help him out. Right now there aren’t any of those. Even Anthony Miller had 2 chances yesterday to make a play and he went up with one hand and didn’t come down with it. Allen robinson and trubisky are the playmakers at this point. Austin hooper would be a huge upgrade at TE but he isn’t a game changer.

If a playmaker is there in round 2 the bears should get one. This offense needs help.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The bears should absolutely be taking BPA on offense for both of their round 2 picks next year.

OG is the number one need for this team, and TE is a very close second. The bears simply do not have time to draft and develop a TE unless an absolute can’t miss prospect is there. I don’t foresee that option, and it looks like the bears will need to make a strong offer in FA.

The bears could possibly land Scherff in FA, and that would be huge for them.

A tackle is of course needed as well, and if the opportunity presents the bears should definitely grab one.

The WR position could use another stud. It’s not the weakest unit on the team, however Ridley and wims really aren’t bringing anything to the table. They are depth players. They are not NFL playmakers and are fringe starters.

The bears could be benefactors of there only being 1-3 WR’s taken in round one, and there very well may be an absolute unit sitting there in round 2. It would be huge if they could get a non midget speedster to play across from robinson, and then move miller to the slot. Imagine a guy like DJ chark....

may be an unpopular opinion due to how absolute trash the OL is, but this off season the bears should do everything in their power to bring the offense out of the basement of the NFL. A second WR would be a huge help if Pace can get a TE and OG in free agency.
BPA is important, don't want to reach -- and a high draft WR is worthwhile. I think Gabriel is a good WR, but missed a lot of games this year. Bears didn't take a lot of bomb shots at Gab in any of his seasons here, which is a shame, since he's fast, can catch, and should stretch the field.

I'm just saying this is in the sense, we do have higher priorities than WR2, like OL, OLB and TE.

Bears might want to make WR#2 more of a rotational position in 2020:
- Middle road FA in the 'Gabriel' $ range
- Miller, Wims, Ridley, Ives, UDFAs
- Draft WR

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
BPA is important, don't want to reach -- and a high draft WR is worthwhile. I think Gabriel is a good WR, but missed a lot of games this year. Bears didn't take a lot of bomb shots at Gab in any of his seasons here, which is a shame, since he's fast, can catch, and should stretch the field.

I'm just saying this is in the sense, we do have higher priorities than WR2, like OL, OLB and TE.

Bears might want to make WR#2 more of a rotational position in 2020:
- Middle road FA in the 'Gabriel' $ range
- Miller, Wims, Ridley, Ives, UDFAs
- Draft WR

WR is not the number one need. OL is. I just would rather draft a stud WR than reach on a tackle that may not even play this year or next.

MiseryLovesCompany

Liked Posts:
I like Robinson and Miller, but we definitely need another weapon. There are multiple ways to attack the off-season...but I would prioritize FA OL first. This is a "need" position...and Pace usually addresses needs via FA. Once your have added OL help then move on to tight end. Again...tight end is a "need" position, so I would expect it to be addressed before the draft. I doubt Hooper or Henry make it to FA, but either would be a great addition (with my personal preference for Henry who I think is more dynamic). Assuming both of these guys are off the market, I would consider trading one of our 2nds for O.J. Howard...who isn't going to be utilized in Arians scheme...but would fill a huge void for the Bears (and I would prioritize him over any WR we could get in the 2nd).

Once these issues have been sorted out, then it is pretty much BPA in the draft (with more OL help, safety, and pass rusher being the top priorities). All in all, with the other needs the Bears have to fill, we might not see a WR taken in the 2nd this year...but we definitely need more weapons so I wouldn't be opposed to it...but OL and TE better be addressed first.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well that and Nagy seems apprehensive to call deep throws.

They are actually throwing the ball deep way more often.

They are on pace for 232 20+ yard throws this season. They threw 177 last season.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
WR is not the number one need. OL is. I just would rather draft a stud WR than reach on a tackle that may not even play this year or next.
Pace has some picks to move up a little for an OT if he needs to. I would very surprised if there wasn't an OT worthy of a 2nd Rd 'swing at the plate'. I mean, you have to take a swing, nothing is guaranteed.

A LT would at the very least push Leno -- who has played better in the past. It sucks we don't have a 1st Rd for an OT, but you can't give up on trying to improve the worst and most important liabilities on the team.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace has some picks to move up a little for an OT if he needs to. I would very surprised if there wasn't an OT worthy of a 2nd Rd 'swing at the plate'. I mean, you have to take a swing, nothing is guaranteed.

A LT would at the very least push Leno -- who has played better in the past. It sucks we don't have a 1st Rd for an OT, but you can't give up on trying to improve the worst and most important liabilities on the team.

We need an offensive tackle and a guard. I think you can find a guard in FA or bring back Long for cheap to compete to start.

If there is a first round OT there a few picks ahead of us....trade up and get him.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
WR is lower on the list but they do need more speed on offense. This might be the slowest offense in the NFL.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Breshad Perriman is a big speed guy that is breathing some life into his career. He is a free agent next season.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
We need an offensive tackle and a guard. I think you can find a guard in FA or bring back Long for cheap to compete to start.

If there is a first round OT there a few picks ahead of us....trade up and get him.
U are joking long hasn't been long since they moved him to right tackle the decline was steep from then on

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which part do you disagree with exactly?

Nagy wants his Kelce. And there happens to be 2 studs available in free agency.

The bears paid arob and will need to pay him again. They already traded up in the 2nd for ant miller who is playing well. The Bears drafted Riley Ridley with their 2nd pick last draft. I’m not surprised you aren’t impressed since he has had limited playing time and targets. He needs opportunities to evaluate him.

They’ve made significant investments in WR.

The line is abysmal, it needs to be addressed early and often.

Not only what you are saying and others about the needs of the BEARs , BUT, look at Pace's Modus Operandi.

He is absolutely Bound to Flood the TE and Oline positions next year. He will 'double down' thru FA and the draft on Oline and TE, I can almost guarantee it.

Most certainly he will get a youthful stud for the Oline and TE positions in Free agency, AND draft both with our 2nd round picks. More than likely because of the needs at these positions, the BEARs are in perfect position to also be able to get some of the best UDFAs possible at these also. I give it at least a 2 out of 3 chance that the BEARs flood these two positions thru FA and the draft, and depending on how successful their pursuit is also go after the best UDFAs too

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
U are joking long hasn't been long since they moved him to right tackle the decline was steep from then on

not joking. They can medically eval him. if he's ok then bring him in on a non-guaranteed contract and let him compete. there really is little downside to that.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

A guy like Denzel Mims from Baylor perfectly fits that description. Although he may have moved himself up to a day 2 prospect.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am just hoping for no head cases. Anthony Miller is a head case, Roquan is a head case. Gotta hope for better mental health for whoever we pick.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am just hoping for no head cases. Anthony Miller is a head case, Roquan is a head case. Gotta hope for better mental health for whoever we pick.

obviously the mental healthcare quality on the Bears is still far superior to anything provided to most CCS users by their providers.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Yeah, we should be able to sign a very good FA Guard. I wouldn't bring back Long. His last starts were not good, on top of being injury prone. Larson I would re-sign as a backup, if a younger G wasn't found.

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Bears dont need a WR 2we need a WR 1. Robinson is our #2 guy