Bears offensive averages projected over a 16 game season

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Based upon their average output so far over 6 games, here's how the Bears offensive players would end up after 16 games (assuming each stays healthy):

Keep in mind this is not a prediction, I simply took their current totals, divided by six, then multiplied by 16.

Jay Cutler: 4,469 yards passing, 35 TD passes, 16 INTs

Matt Forte: 1,064 yards rushing, 123 receptions for 1,003 receiving yards, 8 total TDs

Brandon Marshall: 67 receptions for 802 yards and 13 TDs

Alshon Jeffery: 83 receptions for 1,320 yards and 5 TDs

Martellus Bennett: 96 receptions for 971 yards and 11 TDs

I would have to think that if they can come close to keeping up the pace they have now and stay healthy, BMarsh might be the only one on that list who wouldn't be in the Pro Bowl, and he might make it on his name and number of TDs.

Hard to fathom after years of Knox, Hester, Roy Williams, etc.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler: 4,469 yards passing, 35 TD passes, 16 INTs

200.gif

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Also 15th in points, 14th in yards, and have the fifth most turnovers in the league. Need to step it up big time and get past average status or this team will go nowhere.

Hopefully more games like last Sundays to come.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I have to admit that when I figured out those numbers and then looked at them, the obvious question is, "why not more points and wins?"

The numbers are there; simply put, this team needs to get better in the clutch.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
B marsh and Bennett likely flip. Eventually teams have to see that Forte, Jeffey, and Bennett are just as likely to get the ball....maybe they see that and still prefer to double Marshall...you have to.

Liked Posts:
Gotta think Marshall's numbers will improve and I think Forte will have more yards rushing. Bennett's numbers will also go down I think. Would love to see Cutler put up those numbers.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a hard time believing Brandon Marshall will break the consecutive 1000+ yard season streak he has going.

rextc

Liked Posts:
You forgot to figure in the MARKEESE factor!

Liked Posts:
If Cutler has that kind of production, & can somehow get the INT's below his career average of 14 per season. Even if he threw 13 INt's. I guarantee that the Bears will make the postseason.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You forgot to figure in the MARKEESE factor!

That and Ka'Deem Carey should start getting more than 4 carries a game. For a lot of reasons.

I would love to see Wilson get 4 or 5 targets a game when he gets back, and Carey get 8 carries a game, like right now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I can see most of those numbers coming true. BMarsh will obviously hit a 1,000+ if he stays healthy but none of these numbers will mean shit if we don't make the playoffs.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also 15th in points, 14th in yards, and have the fifth most turnovers in the league.

This, plus the most important projected stat, 8-8.

Individual stats are nice but the team needs to learn how to win games like Buffalo and Carolina more consistently. Part of that is execution late in the game, part is coaching.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
That and Ka'Deem Carey should start getting more than 4 carries a game. For a lot of reasons.

I would love to see Wilson get 4 or 5 targets a game when he gets back, and Carey get 8 carries a game, like right now.

Agree - I'd like to see him spell Forte for an entire drive once in a while to keep him fresh. I think once the staff gets more comfortable with him, that'll happen (and if we could just get a decent lead on someone, so if he screws up and fumbles, it won't kill them).

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carey needs to get to the hole quicker. He is not as shifty as Forte at the point of attack. Carey is more a straight ahead guy who has a great lean forward ability. If he delays like Forte does he will not get much yardage.