Bears' offseason fixes.....

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol a month after season ended and you’re back to staning Trubisky, that was fast.

No, I'm just not a mouthbreathing moron like the majority of this forum.

I get blaming the QB for everything is the hip and fun thing to do.

If you stepped back and looked at 2018 you'd realize this team is largely the same one minus oline and TE play. Fixing those positions are much much more possible in one offseason than finding a quarterback when we haven't had one in 100 years.

2018 Mitch Trubisky was good enough to win with.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I feel like the bears have so many bigger needs then a TE. I feel like a guard a tackle and Eddie Jackson to SS was a mess. Going to need an actual SS. Depth at LB because there's a good chance Kwik and Danny go. A edge rusher opposite of Mack Prince has regressed and been banged up. Skrine was solid for the price but a downgrade from Callahan.

This team is definitely not one OL and a TE away from 2018. You're also going to have to rely on the defense being completely healthy because there will be a lot less depth. Don't know if you could say the run blocking regressed that much because of one OL.

My X Factor is Mitch using his legs in 2020. That could make or brake the bears season. I think that's his best asset and I don't think with the limited cap space there going to spend a good chunk for a backup QB. It helps open up more run lanes and help him just play fast instead of constantly over thinking things.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
2018 Mitch Trubisky was good enough to win with.

2018 Mitch was masked by the defense creating a record setting amount of turnovers aka short field position. They also returned 6 TD's for scores. Then subtract that fluke 6 TD performance against the Bucs..

2018 Mitch no different than 2019 Mitch

msadows

Liked Posts:
I feel like the bears have so many bigger needs then a TE. I feel like a guard a tackle and Eddie Jackson to SS was a mess. Going to need an actual SS. Depth at LB because there's a good chance Kwik and Danny go. A edge rusher opposite of Mack Prince has regressed and been banged up. Skrine was solid for the price but a downgrade from Callahan.

This team is definitely not one OL and a TE away from 2018. You're also going to have to rely on the defense being completely healthy because there will be a lot less depth. Don't know if you could say the run blocking regressed that much because of one OL.

My X Factor is Mitch using his legs in 2020. That could make or brake the bears season. I think that's his best asset and I don't think with the limited cap space there going to spend a good chunk for a backup QB. It helps open up more run lanes and help him just play fast instead of constantly over thinking things.

Huh? Yes they are. This team went 8-8 and had a top 10 defense. Add a run game and they can compete for a playoff spot. How do you do that? Add an offensive lineman and a TE.

msadows

Liked Posts:
2018 Mitch was masked by the defense creating a record setting amount of turnovers aka short field position. They also returned 6 TD's for scores. Then subtract that fluke 6 TD performance against the Bucs..

Yes, yes he was. You must not really watch the games, or just listen to what 670 has to tell you.

2018 Mitch, statistically, was very similar to 2019 Jimmy G. 2019 Jimmy G is in the superbowl.

2018 Mitch, before getting hurt, statistically was on the same pace as DeShaun Watson was that year.

I can factually say that adding a run game and a tight end would make mitch and this offense better. Why? Because we saw it in 2018.

You're a fool if you think 2018 mitch = 2019 mitch. He regressed in nearly every single aspect of his game. 2018 he was an average qb, 2019 he was bottom 5.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Huh? Yes they are. This team went 8-8 and had a top 10 defense. Add a run game and they can compete for a playoff spot. How do you do that? Add an offensive lineman and a TE.
Yes but in 2018 they had a number 1 defense not a top 10 defense.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
You're a fool if you think 2018 mitch = 2019 mitch. He regressed in nearly every single aspect of his game. 2018 he was an average qb, 2019 he was bottom 5.

2018 Mitch, 24 TD, 12 int, 66pct completion, 3,223 yards
2019 Mitch, 17, 10, 63 pct, 3,138 yards

yep, same near identical stats to me. He sucks

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
They might be a OL and TE away from resembling the 2018 offense but their not as close to the 2018 defense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
2018 Mitch, 24 TD, 12 int, 66pct completion, 3,223 yards
2019 Mitch, 17, 10, 63 pct, 3,138 yards

yep, same near identical stats to me. He sucks

Watch him play idiot, 2018 Mitch was much superior.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They might be a OL and TE away from resembling the 2018 offense but their not as close to the 2018 defense.

Yes, yes they are.

2018 was their what...4th year in fangio's scheme? This was their first year in pagano's. Being more familiar to the scheme alone will improve their play.

You don't need the #1 defense in the league to compete for the playoffs. Top 10 and a run game is more than good enough.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Same people saying 2018 Mitch is enough to win with somehow don’t apply the same logic to Nagy. Apparently only coaches can be exposed. But yeah, let’s shoot for getting back to the level of a team that was 1 and done in the PO.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They expected him to play in the playoffs as well.

They expected him to be ready this past season.

The only thing they should expect from burton from now on is to not expect anything.

The guy had a groin, calf, and now hip injury this year. Not one, but count um, THREE. No one should rely on him.

I won't be shocked if they draft AND sign a guy. This is the most important skill position on the offense. Nagy says it himself. You can't depend on a guy whos average when healthy.

He is better than average when healthy. 2018 proved that.

The draft is going to be very dependent on what they can get in Free Agency. If they get a starter level guy in FA they may wait till later to draft a TE.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
While drafting a TE high has its merits, rookie TEs have a notoriously difficult time adjusting to NFL and aren’t likely to be good until they have 2-3 seasons under their belt. That doesn’t help team in 2020 or 2021.
I have literally never heard of this before.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mitch kinda sucked balls this year but he had everyone her thinking that OL would be serviceable with how often he bailed them out. I don't know if it was the shoulder or just trying to stay home but he didn't do the same last year. D's also benefit from O 1st downs which Mitch helped with a lot more of them in 18. What that means for 2019, who the fuck knows?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Halapoulivaati Vaitai (OL) and possibly Kelechi Osemele (IOL)

Sharpe/Adams-Daniels-Whitehair-Osemele-Massie/Adams

Guy who loses to Adams plus Bars are your versatile back-ups. Keep a scrub like Larson or Mostert that can snap.

Thats my dream 8. The Packers will never make it through the Bears healthy.

Nastiest goalline formation in the league.