Bears organization and Trubisky

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Awesome. Thanks.

I like the part of "Everyone but ppl who think their draft grades are the most important thing on earth" there's been a few of those here. A lot of them slowly quit posting or disappeared all together.

None of that shit matters if you're not a good football player.

Last edited:

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
How are they acknowledging it? Does that mean trade for a new QB? Bench him? Or just try to limit his role in the offense as much as possible until he can be replaced later?

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
How are they acknowledging it? Does that mean trade for a new QB? Bench him? Or just try to limit his role in the offense as much as possible until he can be replaced later?
if it took them this long to realize it there is no way they have these answers yet

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

The hole at the top isnt necessarily a player..More like a HC

Why subject another QB to the same coaching and play calling that has been thrust on Trubisky?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

Why subject another QB to the same coaching and play calling that has been thrust on Trubisky?

It's mostly Trubisky. He cannot execute. And his accuracy is atrocious for a pro player.

It's not his fault. I'm sure he was a solid college QB. But he shouldn't have been drafted 2nd overall. He's more like a 3rd round pick.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

The problem with the coach is he has zero trust in Trubisky and that is affecting his playcalling. Trubisky had a slant for a touchdown, he also had a one on one with Robinson and he did not throw him the ball in the end zone. Can't blame Nagy for that.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
It's mostly Trubisky. He cannot execute. And his accuracy is atrocious for a pro player.

It's not his fault. I'm sure he was a solid college QB. But he shouldn't have been drafted 2nd overall. He's more like a 3rd round pick.

He wasn't that good. Played in the ACC. There are no good teams in the ACC outside of Clemson. He couldn't get on the field until Marquise Williams graduated. Nobody had ever heard of Trubisky until Williams graduated.

It's not his fault he was drafted about 5 round sooner than he should have been.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Because he has eyes and sees that his QB is one of the worst starting players in the league

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Mitch sucks. Everything looks worse when your QB sucks. The same way that good QBs make everything better.

Nagy should take heat, but how do you assess an offensive coach when his QB is garbage?
Nailed it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whatever Pace decides to do, it can’t be as short sighted to try and save 2019. This season is toast. People may not like it, but they should try to get this second round pick as high as they can. Pair it with the Raiders high-mid second rounder with some future picks. Pray you hit with your next QB pick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whatever Pace decides to do, it can’t be as short sighted to try and save 2019. This season is toast. People may not like it, but they should try to get this second round pick as high as they can. Pair it with the Raiders high-mid second rounder with some future picks. Pray you hit with your next QB pick.

Does Pace survive 5-11 with his hand picked QB busting out and his hand picked coach melting down?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
if it took them this long to realize it there is no way they have these answers yet
To be fair, Trubisky showed some promise in 2018. Everyone was expecting him to take the next step this season. He just simply hasn't and has regressed to a point that not many people envisioned.

I was fairly high on Trubisky coming into the season as I'm sure the Bears FO was as well. I thought, okay last year was the first year in the system after a season of John Fox play calling. He looked good some games, other games he struggled. I lived with that knowing he was a young QB. I thought if he could be more consistent in 2019, we might have a QB. Turns out, he's not consistent and is just plain bad. No other way to put it.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
To be fair, Trubisky showed some promise in 2018. Everyone was expecting him to take the next step this season. He just simply hasn't and has regressed to a point that not many people envisioned.

I was fairly high on Trubisky coming into the season as I'm sure the Bears FO was as well. I thought, okay last year was the first year in the system after a season of John Fox play calling. He looked good some games, other games he struggled. I lived with that knowing he was a young QB. I thought if he could be more consistent in 2019, we might have a QB. Turns out, he's not consistent and is just plain bad. No other way to put it.
To be honest, it's probably better that he ended up regressing so much this year as opposed to just continuing his inconsistent 2018 type play which would have ended up keeping him on the roster for another 5 years with the hopes that he turns the corner.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Does Pace survive 5-11 with his hand picked QB busting out and his hand picked coach melting down?
I think so as long as he doesn't lose the team. I think it is logical what you and Bears26 are saying in that it's hard to evaluate a coach with a bad QB. Just don't lose the team. Heck, even the Miami Dolphins were playing with an edge last night and they suck way worse than us.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah I kind of thought about that too after I posted that. Regardless, no chance he survives next year if they don’t make the playoffs in ‘20. Which is why I think he uses more future picks this off-season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think we were all feeling cautiously optimistic about him.

To see him go down in flames from the first snap of the season has been one of the more shocking and disappointing things in my football watching life.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does it serve any purpose to ask such a question that no one can actually answer?

That is all we do here.

The original question was asking about the use of future picks and the hypothetical was asked if the Bears tank the season, so my question fits with the overall narrative of the discussion.