Bears OTAs and other news

Status
Not open for further replies.

jive

Liked Posts:
Wow, that's some bootcamp manipulation stuff there. If they miss it, his teammates have to run laps. Nagy's saying the team has to 'help' the placekickers to improve... they'll be holding them down in a cote and they'll each have to bang em with a bar of soap in a sock. Hope it doesn't go postal.

Running laps is nothing compared to having to go home for the playoffs because your kicker doinked a kick. It's nothing compared to playing your ass off on a last second kickoff to get a TD only for the kicker to miss the extra point and lose. It's nothing compared to putting together a 2nd half comeback where the team recovers from a poor start, only to have the kicker muff the winning kick.

It's not that different from real life in that the players have to live with the consequences of a kicker's failure. I'm sure most players would rather run laps than lose a game.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Josh Norris‏Verified account
FollowFollow @JoshNorris

On the #Bears, it is clear a main reason for moving on from Jordan Howard and acquiring Mike Davis & David Montgomery was the passing game Nagy harped on his backs needing to specialize in at least one route, whether it be shallow or downfield, as it allows them to win in empty

Last edited:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jonah Williams out for the season with a torn labrum. Bengals are cursed.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Josh Norris‏Verified account
FollowFollow @JoshNorris

On the #Bears, it is clear a main reason for moving on from Jordan Howard and acquiring Mike Davis & David Montgomery was the passing game Nagy harped on his backs needing to specialize in at least one route, whether it be shallow or downfield, as it allows them to win in empty

Yeah. Okay Josh Norris. Must be why he passed the ball so much to his backs as a whole. Oh right. He didn't.

I'm tired of people trying to rationalize it with bullshit. Howard is gone. Let it go.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yeah. Okay Josh Norris. Must be why he passed the ball so much to his backs as a whole. Oh right. He didn't.

I'm tired of people trying to rationalize it with bullshit. Howard is gone. Let it go.
I mean that seems like something Nagy would ask from his backs considering how inefficient Howard was out of the backfield last year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Maybe I am missing it, but what is the bullshit and why do you think there needs to be - or is - a rationalization?

Seems he is simply explaining the reason - which I thought we all knew.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Go ahead and look up how much of the passing game was made up by all of our backs in 2018. Then try to actually tell me with a straight face that Nagy puts an emphasis on passing to his backs.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Go ahead and look up how much of the passing game was made up by all of our backs in 2018. Then try to actually tell me with a straight face that Nagy puts an emphasis on passing to his backs.

Maybe he threw less to the back because the back wasn't doing what he wanted him to in the passing game.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe he threw less to the back because the back wasn't doing what he wanted him to in the passing game.

Sure, but how does that explain away ALL of the backs as a whole not getting much action in the passing game? Or you know, you can go back and look at what he did with the Chiefs too.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
RBs accounted for 100 receptions for 957 yards.....I think.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sure, but how does that explain away ALL of the backs as a whole not getting much action in the passing game? Or you know, you can go back and look at what he did with the Chiefs too.
Howard just wasn’t a ....Matt Forte type running back.. this year should change the way the rbs are used.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
RBs accounted for 100 receptions for 957 yards.....I think.

All I know is that Tarik Cohen was credited with 71 catches on 91 targets and I would have a hard time believing any less than half of those were anything more than lateral runs to the sideline. Must be that route Nagy wants him to specialize in.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
All I know is that Tarik Cohen was credited with 71 catches on 91 targets and I would have a hard time believing any less than half of those were anything more than lateral runs to the sideline. Must be that route Nagy wants him to specialize in.
Well, you have to remember the playbook wasn’t wide open due to the new offense being implemented. Cohen was a rookie. The qbs was a qb rating disaster.....so there is that.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cohen is going into his 3rd year. He was already a 2nd year pro.
Huh? I cannot believe I thought he was a rookie. That last year with Fox must had induced some sort of amnesia. My apologies..... and boy did he make strides in Nagy’s offense.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Huh? I cannot believe I thought he was a rookie. That last year with Fox must had induced some sort of amnesia. My apologies..... and boy did he make strides in Nagy’s offense.
You do 'real good' posting anti-Trump articles that is your niche.
I honestly read some of them too

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’m still freaking out that I lost a whole season of Tarik, he wasn’t used much (53 receptions, 87 rushing attempts).....I have to go see my doctor.....this is scary.
Also, Tarik Cohen had a 127 passer rating that year.....LOOK OUT DESHAUN

Status
Not open for further replies.