Bears restructure Leno’s contract

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
C.Whitehair, E.Jackson, Trubisky, L.Floyd, D.Bush but sure would love for it to be J.Clowney.

How bout we trade L.Floyd for J.Clowney and give Clowney his new contract with what we save from trading Floyd and with the extra money we just created. Ummmmmm yes please.
Who the fuck would ever trade Clowney for Floyd you halve witted propeller brane?

This photo sums up @dabears70 perfectly.

propeller-hat.jpg

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Who the fuck would ever trade Clowney for Floyd you halve witted propeller brane?

He’s living in make believe land. He thinks the nfl uses the same strategies he tries to use to swindle people out of their money approving bs trades to himself in ff

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Considering Clowneys history with micro fracture, I believe most teams are going to be cautious with his next contract. Especially if picks are involved. If the Texans don’t want to pay him, a player like Floyd plus additional picks could interest them. I don’t see pace giving up Floyd and a 2nd though. And I believe Leno’s restructure has more to do with extending our guys. Most likely Cody.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I hope this is for a Whitehair/Floyd Extension... I would love to see us avoid paying Floyd 15 Million for year 5...

I'd like to get Eddie paid as soon as possible since he's right on the cusp of being called the best safety in the NFL and some are already calling him that, but the Titans just paid Byard a big contract so if another top safety gets paid even more then Byard just got then obviously Eddie's price will rise again. There's arguments to be made on who should get paid first out of Eddie, Cody, Trubs or even Floyd so hopefully Pace gets this shit done the best way possible with all of them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears fans over value Floyd.....If the Texans wanted to get rid of Clowney now and still have a player that could provide a role as OLB, Floyd may be an option. I think the Texans want a haul for Clowney.

Floyd could provide some level of play this year.....the Raiders second may be enough.

I don't see the Bears taking on a future Clowney contract though.

Yeah it was more a dream for me because i'm so worried about everything we have at OLB after K.Mack. I don't think Floyd has lived up to being the #9 overall pick in the draft but do think he's played like a pick in the 20's 1st round pick. I just think many look at just his sacks when evaluating him. His sack numbers aren't great but he's good in coverage, against the run and does get plenty of QB pressure.

The worry after Mack with Floyd and Lynch is more about health then it is about how good they can play when they are healthy but after those two it's really scary for me.

Shit i hope they use this money they just created to sign a guy like N.Perry or C.Barwin.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they do go after N. Perry or C. Barwin, that would be a clear sign of them going all in for this year... Kinda like the Rams with Suh last year... it'll be interesting to see if Pace pushes his chips in for this year of if he plays for the long term future.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If they do go after N. Perry or C. Barwin, that would be a clear sign of them going all in for this year... Kinda like the Rams with Suh last year... it'll be interesting to see if Pace pushes his chips in for this year of if he plays for the long term future.

Well i know we've barely gotten any pressure on the QB in 2 games now and that's even in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters when it's our 2nd and 3rd units going against the other teams 2nd and 3rd units. If Floyd and A.Lynch weren't so injury prone then i'd be good with those 3 and then whoever the 4th OLB is. There was a rumor a while ago that RRH would be doing some rushing from the outside and we do get a lot of QB pressure from the guys on the inside of the line but it sure would make me feel better if we had a legit veteran 4th OLB.

J.Vaughters made a couple nice plays in the Carolina game but i was hoping I.Irving or K.Fitts to do something but Fitts looks like a nothing to me. I still like Irving but he's more a guy you bring in late when the o-line is tired so he can use his speed to get around the tackle.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I also feel like Floyd has not lived up to his number 9 pick in the draft potential but maybe if he had been drafted at say 28, maybe 31, we would have less of a problem with his lack of explosive playmaking but then if we picked that late it would mean we were having much better years than we did and it would be a whole different kind of conversation and it would probably mean that we had pretty good defensive ends in the first place so we wouldn't even need to draft floyd but i guess we'll never know because that never happened and shea mcclellins

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably Whitehair. Could be Floyd.

Leno did the team a real solid and apparently had 2 unguarnteed years added to his contract so that the Bears could really reduce the upcoming cap hits.

Whitehair getting a 4 44/25 guaranteed deal sometime today would not shock me or even surprise me at this point.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I wonder too is the difference between Fangio and Pagano... Seeing that one Roquan blitz in the first game made me think that Pagano's more aggressive style might spread where the pressures will come from so that OLB won't be as important as it was under Fangio.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I also feel like Floyd has not lived up to his number 9 pick in the draft potential but maybe if he had been drafted at say 28, maybe 31, we would have less of a problem with his lack of explosive playmaking but then if we picked that late it would mean we were having much better years than we did and it would be a whole different kind of conversation and it would probably mean that we had pretty good defensive ends in the first place so we wouldn't even need to draft floyd but i guess we'll never know because that never happened and shea mcclellins

daHemingway70?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Floyd doesn't have some kind of breakout this year then he should be replaced if he doesn't take a reasonable deal

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Floyd doesn't have some kind of breakout this year then he should be replaced if he doesn't take a reasonable deal

It'll be very interesting to see how much pass rushing he does this year under Pagano compared to how much he did under Fangio. The first half of last year it seemed like Fangio really had him dropping back in coverage a lot. Don't know if that was to help him because he was playing with that club on his hand or if that's just how he was and would of played him even if he didn't have the club. Either way this will be the year that he should be going after the QB more and i'd like to see at least 8 sacks from him but would obviously like to see him hit double digits in sacks. He has to stay healthy and so does A.Lynch.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears have over 20m in cap space this year but are negative 15m in 2020. Better get extensions done asap.

They can keep kicking the can down the road with more contract restructuring and there are players due to be replaced next season. Looking at you Kyle Long. Salary cap will also be going up and will go up even further with the next CBA and TV deal negotiations. I'm not worried about it yet.