Bears sign Ifedi

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes and difference is Watson went on to win the NC while still being main reason his team won most weeks.

And Mitch beasted in the last few minutes of his bowl game. It boosted his draft stock as well.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, I've read your posts. You would be fired after one offseason. All you idiots would, me included.

Everyone talks shit about pace but thats because they are idiot sheep who don't pay attention to any other teams GM's. Every team has busts, every team has bad signings.

Someone brought this up on ESPN radio when they were critiquing Pace and they shut the fuck up real quick. I've posted the draft histories of howie roseman and Chris Ballard. Both guys you all jerk off to. They suck just as much. They both won executive of the year also.

The pats have drafted 3 pro bowlers in 75 picks since 2011.

Pace is doing just fine. Like I said, he fucked up the QB spot, THAT deserves him to get fired eventually. Everything else he's done is more than good enough. Had he drafted Watson/Mahomes this team would be a dynasty.

Good, then you know I would have drafted Watson over Trubusty.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thats how it works in the NFL. You should know better. Last years success doesn't predicate next years. NFL = Not For Long.

That was a special year with a special defense. If we win that game we go into LA against the rams with Eddie Jackson back.

Seriously a shame.

Not for the really good teams. They find ways to sustain success. People get fired if they cant sustain success. So we shall see if they can turn it around otherwise time to clean house.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone seen numbers for this deal yet? I think it'll be more than we expect.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one was taking mahomes with a top 5 pick.

#10 was a reach as well. One thing I CAN guarantee you about mahomes is probably not many had him as their #1 QB, KC did. KC wanted him and reached to take him.

Its always been Watson vs. Mitch. Watson should have been the pick. I prefered watson as well before the draft but I understood the mitch pick completely.

Most of this board wanted to draft Adams and then take Kizer/Mahomes/Kaaya in the 2nd.

yep i wanted jimmy g and then draft adams. Otherwise i wanted bears to trade to like 15 for mahomes. Guess that wouldn't have worked out..

but i also liked kaaya in the 3rd

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And Mitch beasted in the last few minutes of his bowl game. It boosted his draft stock as well.

Lol, no as A UNC alum, Mitch was main reason they were down. Threw 2 picks and took a dumb sack that knocked us out of FG range. There is no comparison to his playing well in final minutes against Standford to Watson shitting all over Bama in two NC games in a row.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no way to prove it but I guarantee you a ton of teams had Mitch over Watson.

Watson had a ton of questonmarks in college. He had the lowest projected ceiling as well. Mitch's biggest questionmark was.....experience.

Like I said, thats the pick that will eventually get him fired if the bears don't improve this season, but acting like it was a stupid AF pick is stupid AF.
https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/19261182

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

#10 was a reach as well. One thing I CAN guarantee you about mahomes is probably not many had him as their #1 QB, KC did. KC wanted him and reached to take him.

Its always been Watson vs. Mitch. Watson should have been the pick. I prefered watson as well before the draft but I understood the mitch pick completely.

Most of this board wanted to draft Adams and then take Kizer/Mahomes/Kaaya in the 2nd.

I know he was not on everyones radar but the job of the GM and his scouting team is to identify players. and he and 8 other GMs failed miserably with identifying Mahomes, in fact we can basically expand that out to pretty much every GM in the league fucked up and missed Mahomes. Our #3 pick was shopped after our trade so every other GM failed to move up and grab him. Mahomes should of gone #1 overall, and every team dropped the ball by not identifying him and moving up to grab him.

So as much as it hurts us missing out.. so did every other team.

The QB position is a tough one to get right. I mean look at Watson. One of the red flags with him was he was a bit INT prone in college, so going to the Pros you would , expect that to get worse and a lot of times much worse, but it didnt, he got better, a lot better. The QB position is a crap shoot and a tough one to get right.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Every team did not fuck up because every team was not looking for a QB.

Also there is no correlation between college Ints and NFL ints. Something people in favor of Watson told everyone at the time. So no I am not surprised it got better.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He might also just be a potential depth piece.

My guess is he's the starter at RG if whoever they like in the draft doesn't fall to them. If that guy does they put him at swing tackle.

I have no problem with this one year signing and it makes me feel much better about a competition between Ifedi and Bars cause i'll take either of them as a top backup that can play guard or tackle.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Well, all I know is Seattle has had a bad a** running game, so hope Ifedi helps us get a better push

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who else had their money on this thread becoming a Remy vs Msadows battle just a couple pages in?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Every team did not fuck up because every team was not looking for a QB.

Also there is no correlation between college Ints and NFL ints. Something people in favor of Watson told everyone at the time. So no I am not surprised it got better.

for a talent like Mahomes, yes every team fucked up. What team wouldn't of gotten instantly better and be set with having the best QB in the league for the next 10+ years?

And yes there is a correlation with INT in college and the pros, the vast majority of the time INT go up in the pros

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I have got to back MSA on this post. Trubisky had a high draft grade from many sources.

2017 was supposed to be a bad QB draft, and it had 2 pro bowlers.

2018 was supposed to be one of the best QB drafts of ALL TIME. Darnold, Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield. All 4 of these QBs are trash.

QB projection is a total crapshoot.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Clearly Pace is targeting talented guys who didn't live up to their draft position. Ifedi, Mingo, Burns all fit this profile.

That is his expertise, only he is usually picking them not signing them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He can’t play RT.

Move him inside to RG and see if Castillo can get some decent play from him. There are countless guys who are not athletic enough to play OT in the NFL who have had success moving inside. Ereck Flowers who was an epic bust is now a 10 million dollar OG.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I watched him play here. Some upside, but some real downside.

Good: Strong, versatile player. Should fill in for Long and do at least a well in the Guard position. Had been healthy, something we have had trouble with.

Bad: Makes dumb decisions at times. Seems to not know what his own snapcount is sometimes. If someone works with him he could be very good but he certainly didn't impress much as a starter in Seattle. For his high draft choice he should have become more reliable as a starting Guard.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have got to back MSA on this post. Trubisky had a high draft grade from many sources.

2017 was supposed to be a bad QB draft, and it had 2 pro bowlers.

2018 was supposed to be one of the best QB drafts of ALL TIME. Darnold, Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield. All 4 of these QBs are trash.

QB projection is a total crapshoot.

3 pro bowlers

31-316713_kappa-emote-png-troll-face-transparent-png.png

Sparks500

Liked Posts:

See, THIS is what I wanna know: who saw this in Mahomes? No one else in the league thought that highly of him but the Chiefs. We need to get whoever that was to find our guy....