Bears sign LB Danny Trevathan [Denver]

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Man, if Pace would've gotten Schwartz and Iloka at their respective deals too. Whew!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My thoughts on Danny Trevathan

This is the deal that simply had to happen in free agency this year. The Bears were so horrid at ILB last season that it really did cripple the defense, and the draft does not provide a guaranteed upgrade.

Trevathan provides the Bears with a ton of positives

-Can upgrade them against the run and has sideline to sideline range
-He is very good in coverage and immediately upgrades their ability to cover TEs and RBs
-Gives the Bears a player that can play all 3 downs and call the defense
-Trevathan doesn't turn 26 till later this month and the Bears should be getting his best football
-Add in the fact that he is reasonably priced and you get the warm and fuzzy feeling

Now the Bears need to allow him to run. They need to get bigger and more physical on the DL and allow Trevathan to hunt behind them.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My thoughts on Danny Trevathan

This is the deal that simply had to happen in free agency this year. The Bears were so horrid at ILB last season that it really did cripple the defense, and the draft does not provide a guaranteed upgrade.

Trevathan provides the Bears with a ton of positives

-Can upgrade them against the run and has sideline to sideline range
-He is very good in coverage and immediately upgrades their ability to cover TEs and RBs
-Gives the Bears a player that can play all 3 downs and call the defense
-Trevathan doesn't turn 26 till later this month and the Bears should be getting his best football
-Add in the fact that he is reasonably priced and you get the warm and fuzzy feeling

Now the Bears need to allow him to run. They need to get bigger and more physical on the DL and allow Trevathan to hunt behind them.

Good post:)

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is very good in coverage and immediately upgrades their ability to cover TEs and RBs

To be fair, a lifesize cardboard cutout of Flo from the Progressive commercials would have upgraded their ability to cover TEs and RBs.

but yeah, very good signing.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
Isn't there a monster defensive end from New England that they're saying the Bears wanna sign? I would imagine getting a big guy like that would let Travathian have open ground to make tackles. Are the Bears actually serious contenders for him?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Very awesome. Two great signings.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair, a lifesize cardboard cutout of Flo from the Progressive commercials would have upgraded their ability to cover TEs and RBs.

but yeah, very good signing.

FLo would command the locker room!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I'll be damned. We really needed linebacker help. This is certainly a step in the right direction. Well played Pace.