Bears Sign WR/KR/PR Eric Weems

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If he's good at covering kicks he's Corey Graham/Sam Hurd/Johnny Knox's replacement.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dave Toub is :fap:ing

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
Dave Toub is beyond happy, there has also been some speculation Emery is looking around the league to see what Hesters value could be.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
As long as he doesn't replace Hester one day. I saw it on another Bear site suggesting we should trade Hester while his value is high since we have Weems.

Hester is a lifer in this organization I think.

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
As long as he doesn't replace Hester one day. I saw it on another Bear site suggesting we should trade Hester while his value is high since we have Weems.

Hester is a lifer in this organization I think.

IDK he's due a $10 million bonus next year. So I'm not sure about all that.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knox nowhere near 100%?

They are saying he should be ready to go by training camp buit he will miss OTA's, mini camps, etc..but even still..they aren't for sure he will even be cleared to play this season.

From ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/38121/bears-johnny-knox-working-on-recovery

Chicago Bears receiver Johnny Knox provided a glimpse Thursday into his recovery from a serious neck and back injury via Twitter, offering this photograph of the torso brace he must wear until the middle of March and not directly answering a question about whether he'll be cleared to play in 2012.

Asked if he thought he would play, Knox tweeted: "I'm focusing on getting 100% first!"

Knox needed surgery to fuse a vertebra in his back after a violent collision bent him backwards in a Dec. 18 game against the Seattle Seahawks. Asked via Twitter how close he was to never walking again, Knox tweeted: "If i tell u u wont be able to sleep."

The Bears have expressed hope that Knox will resume his career, but for the purposes of offseason planning, they might not be able to expect it. His situation is one more reason why the receiver position will be an offseason priority.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
Hester a great special teams player but prolly not worth 10 mil bonus

NO DAMN SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER IS WORTH THAT! But remember that bonus was given because they were expecting him to become a #1 WR, but that never came to fruition.

As well all no to well talk about a :kick:

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
#Bears WR Devin Hester set to make $1.9 million base salary and his cap number is $2.7 million. Those are reasonable figures for him

CubbyBear2290

Liked Posts:
#Bears WR Devin Hester set to make $1.9 million base salary and his cap number is $2.7 million. Those are reasonable figures for him

The Bonus is due the season after this one from what I remember this is all off sheer memory i haven't looked into the contract in some time.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
That $10 mil bonus or escalator had to do w/ hitting something as a receiver, and he didn't get to whatever was needed for him to get that bonus.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
That $10 mil bonus or escalator had to do w/ hitting something as a receiver, and he didn't get to whatever was needed for him to get that bonus.

i remember hearing this too...i dont think he gets that bonus