Liked Posts:
Meh
Nagy guy! I didn’t think you could trade comp picks

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The truth is that Pace is likely fired.

He has put his career in the hands of either Mitch or Foles, I don’t see either of those ending well. Especially with no tangible talent upgrades to the offense.

Pace needs Foles or Trubisky to take a step next season or this QB thing will be ugly.

Guaranteed he drafts offense with both of those two first rounders.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dan Marino never won a super bowl but he was vastly better than Foles......yet Trent Dilfer won one as well. I think Foles is closer to a Dilfer than a Marino.

Although Foles didn’t get his team into the playoffs but took the handoff after Wentz got hurt. Foles has never played more than 11 regular season games in any season in the league.
Foles doesn’t instantly makes the Bears a 9 or 10 win team.
I never said he makes the bears a 9 or 10 win team and I think you’re just looking to argue because you’re missing the point. My point was pretty simple. Foles has been the reason his team has won meaningful games and Mitch hasn’t. Mitch is inept. Foles at least has shown under some of the bears coaches that he can be a good QB. Personally, I don’t think he will but I like their chances with him more than the QB who takes 58 minutes to get to 100 yards. A guy who many here still don’t understand how bad he was.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still laughing at that 'Mitch was throwing DEEP DIMES!" comment made after he had like 120 passing yards.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol, you are such a drama queen

here is what is going to happen - Trubs is gon start the season. he will play like shit and get benched during the 3rd or 4th game. Foles will come in and play competently. They will ride that competent but unspectacular play while they gear up for another swing at a long term QB.

Depends what Foles shows up

-Magical Playoff Foles: yes
-Regular season Philly Foles: maybe
-Outside of Philly Foles: no

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most likely scenario but it sounds like the receivers dont watch Mitch back, which is understandable.

yeah, but I think coaches are gon give trubs one more shot. i think he would have to be pretty fuckin terrible during the offseason and preseason for them to start foles week 1

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Nick Foles is costing you 21 million in cash he should also be costing you a 4th round pick.

ok, whatever dude. bears are in a shit position. everyone knows that. ffs its old news.

maybe next time whoever the gm is will just manifest a starting qb with positive thoughts

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
ok, whatever dude. bears are in a shit position. everyone knows that. ffs its old news.

maybe next time whoever the gm is will just manifest a starting qb with positive thoughts

They could just do a good job scouting, drafting, and developing.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky bouncing back is still the best case scenario for Pace. I expect he will give him that chance.

pace cut floyd, cut white, put Shaneen and Burton on notice and brought in a qb that is most likely going to outplay Trubiski and start. he gets some credit for admitting his mistakes and not coddling guys just cause they were his pick. he doesn't keep guys just for his job.

Last edited:

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
I went to Jacksonville for a work conference like 6 weeks ago and chatted with my Uber driver about Foles and how JAX fans would feel if he were traded.

He more/less said "If you'll take his money off our hands.... we should give you a fucking draft pick"

I said "What if the Bears gave you a pick?"

He said "If you gave us even like a 5th-7th rounder it'd be a steal"

I said "What about a 3rd or 4th"

He said "Is your GM on meth? I would be ecstatic.... get rid of his money and a pick that high?"

I said "Just wait."

some say pace offered them a 2nd round pick but they turned it down to not serve prison time

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I never said he makes the bears a 9 or 10 win team and I think you’re just looking to argue because you’re missing the point. My point was pretty simple. Foles has been the reason his team has won meaningful games and Mitch hasn’t. Mitch is inept. Foles at least has shown under some of the bears coaches that he can be a good QB. Personally, I don’t think he will but I like their chances with him more than the QB who takes 58 minutes to get to 100 yards. A guy who many here still don’t understand how bad he was.
Meh. You missed the point actually.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At season end press conference, Pace, Nagy and McCaskey named three biggest needs: tight end, backup quarterback and competition at every offensive line position. I think they could have done better than Graham but whatever, see what happens.

Every ounce of effort from here needs to be on offensive line.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yeah, but I think coaches are gon give trubs one more shot. i think he would have to be pretty fuckin terrible during the offseason and preseason for them to start foles week 1

This is the most likely scenario IMO but unless Foles just sucks I think the best thing to do is actually start Foles. Mitch needs to sit, learn, clear his head and watch how the offense is supposed to be run. He can then come in when Foles inevitably gets injured or goes on one of his cold streaks in a scenario where he can pull a Minshew.

You throw him out there to start and there will be calls for his head the first bad game he has and quite frankly his mental midgetry cant take it. So let him come in when people are resigned to the fact he is our only choice because Foles is hurt or ineffective.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
some say pace offered them a 2nd round pick but they turned it down to not serve prison time

Reminds me of when my little brother got his allowance for first time. Just handed me a pile of dollar bills and told me he wanted a happy meal. He had no idea of the cost or value of things so just trusted I would give him back the appropriate change. I of course took enough to buy me a sundae but not enough where I would feel really guilty about it.

I imagine this is how other GMs feel about dealing with Pace. They realize he has no understanding of value he reminds them of their little bro so they just take a bit more than they should with Pace being oblivious and just happy to get his happy meal.

By contrast O'Brien must just be an asshole so other GMs anally assault him with no vaseline.