Bears trade Howard to Philly for a 6th (possible 5th)

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@msadows

Thought this thread should be revisited to point out that all of the Bears RB's are averaging less than 3.7 yards per carry vs Howards 4.5 yards per carry and Howard has more total yards than all of the Bears RB's combined....all while in a committee.

All I gotta say
Wow, it's almost like @msadows has been wrong about everything he's ever posted ever.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And the Eagles scored 10pts Sunday night. And blown out 2 weeks in a row. Nice
And that's different from the Bears how?

Your undying need to discount what Howard is doing while pile excuse after excuse for Monty and co is fascinating. Not to mention the caping for Ms. Adows is laughable.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
And the Eagles scored 10pts Sunday night. And blown out 2 weeks in a row. Nice

So you are saying Howard has not been in favorable game scripts for his skill set and has still put up better stats than all of the RB's the Bears have which they rolled with because they were a better scheme fit?

EXCELLENT POINT!!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you are saying Howard has not been in favorable game scripts for his skill set and has still put up better stats than all of the RB's the Bears have which they rolled with because they were a better scheme fit?

EXCELLENT POINT!!
favorable in that he's facing 8 men in the box just 7% of the time compared to 24% of the time for Bears RB's? Yes, excellent point!

TL;DR: Howard's stats haven't mattered as the Eagles are below .500. Good chance he's on another team next year....again. Down 2+ scores, Howard's stats on Sunday night -- 7car, 41 yds. Pace should be knocked for not trading him when his value was it ats highest--when the Fins were have rumored to offer a 3rd, it should have be done. Instead Pace deals him when his value was at its lowest in the same offseason as the slowest RB class ever

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/speed-score-2019

Last edited:

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
favorable in that he's facing 8 men in the box just 7% of the time compared to 24% of the time for Bears RB's? Yes, excellent point!

TL;DR: Howard's stats haven't mattered as the Eagles are below .500. Good chance he's on another team next year....again
So was your point with your fist post that Howard should have led the eagles to more than 10 points, while in a timeshare and outperforming all Bears RBs combined?

Sheesh, talk about a bar set high.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

TL;DR: Howard's stats haven't mattered as the Eagles are below .500. Good chance he's on another team next year....again. Down 2+ scores, Howard's stats on Sunday night -- 7car, 41 yds. Pace should be knocked for not trading him when his value was it ats highest--when the Fins were have rumored to offer a 3rd, it should have be done. Instead Pace deals him when his value was at its lowest in the same offseason as the slowest RB class ever

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/speed-score-2019

So you are saying that Nagy was at fault for Howards lackluster year and his low YPC? Also don't forget the Bears were down 2+ scores and Bears RB's had 5 attempts for 16 yards. So again, Howards averaged 5.86 vs Bears RB's at 3.2

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you are saying that Nagy was at fault for Howards lackluster year and his low YPC? Also don't forget the Bears were down 2+ scores and Bears RB's had 5 attempts for 16 yards. So again, Howards averaged 5.86 vs Bears RB's at 3.2

LOL. Eagles have one of the best run blocking OL's in the league. The Bears have a Special person at QB and complete ineptitiude on the OL with one of the worst playcallers. Let it go. Bears offense would still be a shitshow with JHow. He doesn't fix the OL, QB, TE or Nagy. If you cant' acknowledge that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL. Eagles have one of the best run blocking OL's in the league. The Bears have a Special person at QB and complete ineptitiude on the OL with one of the worst playcallers. Let it go. Bears offense would still be a shitshow with JHow. He doesn't fix the OL, QB, TE or Nagy. If you cant' acknowledge that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

So you admit that Howard was never an issue? Glad we could clear this up, I feel this was productive and gives me hope that even a tard like @msadows could see the light

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How often does 1 RB swap fix an entire team? Why is this such an all or nothing scenario with you? How is the alternative any WORSE for the Bears?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you admit that Howard was never an issue? Glad we could clear this up, I feel this was productive and gives me hope that even a tard like @msadows could see the light

Howard should have been moved for that 3rd round pick. Howard would just be as bad as stats as these RB's in this offense. Only an elite RB would have decent stats on this team. And that's a big if. Let it go. Howard is nothing extraordinary, he's LeGarette Blount but younger.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will point out again that Howard had 0.96 yards per carry before contact last year and 2.74 yards after contact.

This year Monty has 1 yard before contact and 2 yards after contact.

So the OL has given them virtually the same amount of yards before contact. The difference is Howard got almost a full yard more after contact than Monty because he keeps moving forward while Monty thinks he is on dancing with the stars.

The stats suggest the problem was the OL last year. The stats also suggests Monty has sucked even with the bad OL. Howard has averaged more than 2 yards after contact every single year.

cd35

Liked Posts:
The only thing more ridiculous than Howard being scapegoated for last year is that they gave him away for just about nothing. He was behind Zeke and Bell in productivity the past few years, this while mostly being on bad offenses on bad teams. You could say he was not a great receiver, he started out terrible but actually improved a lot. If you can't fit someone like Howard in your offense, then there's something wrong with the coach not the player.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Howard is nothing extraordinary, he's LeGarette Blount but younger.
Blount didn't have a 2nd 1000 yard season until his 7th season, which was with the Patriots and the GOAT. It took Howard 2 season. Blount has had countless mediocre to bad seasons mixed into his career, something that hasn't happened to Howard. Blount had literally one good season outside of his rookie year, which was just okay. And it was obviously a flash in the pan type season when you review the rest of his body of work. That's not Howard at all, as he continues to show.

Your comparison is God awful, stop saying it.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Blount didn't have a 2nd 1000 yard season until his 7th season, which was with the Patriots and the GOAT. It took Howard 2 season. Blount has had countless mediocre to bad seasons mixed into his career, something that hasn't happened to Howard. Blount had literally one good season outside of his rookie year, which was just okay. And it was obviously a flash in the pan type season when you review the rest of his body of work. That's not Howard at all, as he continues to show.

Your comparison is God awful, stop saying it.
And Blunt still started in three Super Bowls on teams that won. Apparently, some pretty good teams found a use for
Blunt (inferior version of Howard).

But the Bears have Davis and Montgomery so it’s ok or something.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And Blunt still started in three Super Bowls on teams that won. Apparently, some pretty good teams found a use for
Blunt (inferior version of Howard).

But the Bears have Davis and Montgomery so it’s ok or something.

Patriots benched Blount in the SB. Eagles let him walk the following offseason, Lions did too. So valuable indeed.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Patriots benched Blount in the SB. Eagles let him walk the following offseason, Lions did too. So valuable indeed.
Agreed, he wasn't that valuable at all. Thankfully Howard won't have that same fate, as he's a much better football player than Blount, as has been shown.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard just thanked Philly for everything. Seems he knows that they dont have an interest in re-signing him. Lulz.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

I believe the whole schtick was you keep Howard and draft a position of NEED with the 3rd round pick.

Nagy wanted a running back to be a threat out of the backfield catching the ball which was why they drafted Montgomery in the 3rd and paid Mike Davis 3 million.

Montgomery in a full season only caught 25 passes out of the backfield. Mike Davis caught 7 passes on the year before he was let go.

Just one of many personnel failures on the O side this past year.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Montgomery did not wow me this year. Seems very average to me and might be a little below. Need to see how he plays next year.