Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We need to pay his ass right now and he's gonna need at least $15 mil per but if we wait and another top safety gets more then what K.Byard just got then Eddie's number will go up. I'm pretty sure he's already proven he's one of, if not the best safety in the NFL.
Unlike when you are commissioner, the NFL doesn't make up the rules as it goes along.

28(k)Renegotiations.(i) A Rookie Contract for a Drafted Rookie may not be renegotiated, amended or altered in any way until after the final regular season game of the player’s third contract year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The gang is really after you today and that was not my intent. I think you might be distracted by the onslaught.

Duke has been flashing quite a bit since camp started so yeah he is backing up the hype so far. I'm wondering if he will get more looks against the starters.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Duke has been flashing quite a bit since camp started so yeah he is backing up the hype so far. I'm wondering if he will get more looks against the starters.

McManis shouldn't even be considered for anything but special teams captain and emergencies.

Let Skrine hold down nickel back as long as he can is my view, allowing Shelley to get into a pro routine, watch some film, be sprinkled in, review tape, keep getting stronger...

Personally I feel Skrine/Shelley is going to be an upgrade over Callahan at nickel back, and no doubt as the season goes on they will both be called upon at some point.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sherrick McManis has already shown he can play at a high level at nickel for us. I have no reason to doubt his ability. That isn't to say its not possible for Duke to outshine him. I however will remain skeptical about Buster no matter what until he shows me otherwise.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but wrong. I have been on the Fuller train since the day he was picked. The talent was easy to see from his VT days. Ine of the only good picks from the previous regime.
I was pro Fuller to. I was mad the Bear did not extend his rookie deal.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Funchess was Cam Newtons 6'6" red zone WR in Carolina, but nevermind, he is with the Colts while the Giants have Bennie Fowler...I made a mix up and they are indeed very thin.

Sheperds thumb is not believed to be serious and Tate had a legit fertility prescription to conceive a child, figured out his own mistake and self reported it before failure...so may get reduced.
I think the NFL saw it as Tate procreating to the reasoning of his 4 games

He might be the biggest douche-bag in the NFL

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You might call me a homer, but I would be disappointed if Jackson turned out to be one of the all-time Bear safeties in Bear history. I want him to be one of the all-time great safeties in NFL history.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sherrick McManis has already shown he can play at a high level at nickel for us. I have no reason to doubt his ability. That isn't to say its not possible for Duke to outshine him. I however will remain skeptical about Buster no matter what until he shows me otherwise.

I wouldn't say McManis has shown he can play anything but special teams at a high level. He sucks at CB and is alright at NB.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Duke Shelley just passes all the hype tests for a "sleeper."

1. Reports out of KSU being that he was the best CB they have ever had...
2. Dropped 3 rounds due to size
3. Displayed incredible athleticism through mini-camps, and carrying over into training camp
4. his vertical jump of 40 inches makes 5'9" ... 6'9"

The guy is a little super ball...his type used to be the "ideal" at CB. I am sold...you can excercise caution as long as you want. To each their own.

I think that was me that said what the KState people are saying. It wasn't the best cornerback ever, it was the best since Terrence Newman.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m still interested to see the answer on when Pace was screwing around with contract signings.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m still interested to see the answer on when Pace was screwing around with contract signings.
are you trying to bait someone with this???

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Duke Shelley just passes all the hype tests for a "sleeper."

1. Reports out of KSU being that he was the best CB they have ever had...
2. Dropped 3 rounds due to size
3. Displayed incredible athleticism through mini-camps, and carrying over into training camp
4. his vertical jump of 40 inches makes 5'9" ... 6'9"

The guy is a little super ball...his type used to be the "ideal" at CB. I am sold...you can excercise caution as long as you want. To each their own.
I’d like to go on record for soapboxing for Shelley. Liked him when he was drafted as a replacement for Callahan. Assuming screen gets the nod to start but Shelley will be waiting in the wings

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shelly over Skrine........aren’t we leapfrogging Mcmanis?