Bears Training Camp thread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I guess we’re just gonna have to wait and see. Weird....

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched about 2/3rds of that video....

Briggs gives less information than a competent fan. His big insight was Floyd is a good athlete but not a football player. Holmes had to lead him by the nose to try and get some specifics out of him. There are better football analysts they can bring on and make segments more entertaining and educational.

For the record, Floyd is unproductive because he has little in the way of football moves to the QB that don't rely on speed. Floyd does a good job of setting the edge, but has nothing effective enough in his repertoire to get to the next level.

Its too bad, because the last 3rd is where they make their actual point.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree and don't care what L.Briggs says so didn't watch the video. Just because you played the game doesn't mean everything you say is right. If i felt like doing the research i'm sure i could find some player that think Floyd can play but i don't care enough to do that. If Briggs was talking about him not living up to where he was drafted then he's right because he hasn't lived up to being picked at #9 but i do believe he's lived up to being a 1st round pick, just one that should of been taken later in the 1st round is all.

I think Floyd played well last year especially in the 2nd half but does he still need to get more sacks? Of course he does, especially if he wants a nice new contract after this year from us or another team. I'm not sure it will be us giving him that new contract either way with what we're already paying K.Mack. Looking for my guy Chuck Harris to shock the world this year.

wtf is this?

you don't get to try and refute the video when you didn't even watch it

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’m buying the Floyd optimism. With the caveat of course if he stays healthy. Contract year. He was healthy this off-season to fully train. And he was banged up last year and didn’t have the benefit of a full off season. For a guy of his stature and frame, not being able to workout and train is a huge negative. Bears front is nasty. I think Floyd has his best year as a pro.

Reactions: DC

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Where are the serious people at to scold those that posted about the Broncos?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Floyd is OK but that's not good enough and it has nothing to do with his draft spot. With the push this line gets and Mack on the other side, you need a guy that can better take advantage of opportunities. He's a fine stand up LB with an assignment but his backfield awareness is lacking at this point. May be why we saw him so much in coverage.

If he's going to become a force, it will be this year in a more attacking D. Pagano may just make his life easier with less required recognition by having him straight up rush more.

Reactions: DC

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
wtf is this?

You should have seen how many fantasy trades he refuted without even researching why he deemed them unfair trades. Remember this and never forget: @dabears70 tried to completely fix a FFL as commissioner and somehow still did not manage to win it, even with half the league just giving up. imagine being that Special person.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No one cares about his draft class anymore. It sucked. It's more about is Pace going to get duped into resigning a guy whose production could be replaced much cheaper in the draft?

Well lucky for Bears fans Pace has proved all the Haters that wanted him fired for 3 years wrong so i'm gonna trust that whatever he does with Floyd won't end up with him getting duped whether he re-signs him on a reasonable contract or lets him walk and we find a new OLB to play Opposite K.Mack. Whatever we choose to do with Floyd he'll still have a job in the NFL for many years to come but it'll be up to him if that's as a starter or a #3 OLB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
wtf is this?

Actually i get to do whatever i want to do. Some people need to watch the video to convince themselves that if an ex player says it then it must be true and some already know that just because it's coming from a ex player doesn't mean it's true. Nobody is saying Floyd is a great OLB and anyone with any common sense knows health has always been his biggest issue but it also takes common sense that there's other parts to the game for OLB's then just sacks and Floyd does them well. But that's just for the people with common sense and as we all know on CCS............................................

I'm now curious as to why you aren't already on my ignore list cause i thought for sure you would of been. No time like the present.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Actually i get to do whatever i want to do. Some people need to watch the video to convince themselves that if an ex player says it then it must be true and some already know that just because it's coming from a ex player doesn't mean it's true. Nobody is saying Floyd is a great OLB and anyone with any common sense knows health has always been his biggest issue but it also takes common sense that there's other parts to the game for OLB's then just sacks and Floyd does them well. But that's just for the people with common sense and as we all know on CCS............................................

Gosh you are so ****ing dumb.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m buying the Floyd optimism. With the caveat of course if he stays healthy. Contract year. He was healthy this off-season to fully train. And he was banged up last year and didn’t have the benefit of a full off season. For a guy of his stature and frame, not being able to workout and train is a huge negative. Bears front is nasty. I think Floyd has his best year as a pro.

That would be nice to get a full healthy year out of him especially in this Pagano defense which is gonna be much more blitzing going on.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm now curious as to why you aren't already on my ignore list cause i thought for sure you would of been. No time like the present.

lol

And here I thought rationality would return as the offseason ends.

But I guess db70 gonna db70

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fact of the matter is that we don't have the slightest idea how well Floyd can play as a pure pass rusher in a full 16 games where they aren't making him drop back into coverage as much as Fangio did. I can only assume that is why they're hyped about him. Maybe they know that Pagano is going to let Leonard pin his ears back and rush the passer way more than before.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see if Emanuel Hall, the UDFA WR from Missouri and Trey Burton are both able to practice after hernia operations and if Anthony Miller is ready to go after shoulder surgery.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Burton and Miller should be at camp far as I know. They missed all of the activities before camp but Trey is already familiar with this offense so really it was only counter-productive for Miller. Either way I am sure he and Trubisky will get back on the same page during camp.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its too bad, because the last 3rd is where they make their actual point.

I know what the point of the video was....my point still stands about Briggs' lack of an actual technique assessment. He doesn't give anymore info that what an ordinary fan would know. Briggs' value on the radio to speak about Floyd is near zero.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I know what the point of the video was....my point still stands about Briggs' lack of an actual technique assessment. He doesn't give anymore info that what an ordinary fan would know. Briggs' value on the radio to speak about Floyd is near zero.

Floyd can get off the ball and bend. He has some moves too. He definitely knows how to set up an o-lineman outside and then use the swim or spin to beat him inside. I think he needs to continue to work on his hand fighting technique and because he’s so quick he doesn’t realize he may take some extra steps that he doesn’t need that slows his path to the target. I think he builds off the success he had the second half of last season.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Floyd can get off the ball and bend. He has some moves too. He definitely knows how to set up an o-lineman outside and then use the swim or spin to beat him inside. I think he needs to continue to work on his hand fighting technique and because he’s so quick he doesn’t realize he may take some extra steps that he doesn’t need that slows his path to the target. I think he builds off the success he had the second half of last season.

I know some of the techniques criticism of Floyd. Your post is about right. Floyd seems to be a one move guy. If he stays engaged after his first move he seems done for the play.