1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some Press Conferences Thoughts

1. Trey Burton and Anthony Miller not being on PUP is great news. Both had surgeries, Burton later in the offseason, and it appears both have healed well. Big parts of the offense that should not have lingering issues.

2. HaHa on PUP does not concern me. If he is not going to practice for a few days it gives them options and Nagy has not done anything for us not to trust him on injuries.

3. All the Leonard Floyd talk is coming from somewhere and I think it is the legitimate belief that he is going to have a break out season. He was good last season, he wasn't good with the broken hand and then he was very good in the last 7 games. I think he is a slow developer. We have not seen any monumental leaps, but we have seen pretty continues growth in him. Now before someone starts giving me his sack numbers, please head over there and fuck off.

4. Tyler Bray being PR eligible is a nice surprise. It is a super small thing, but it helps to have a veteran QB who works with the PR, scout team, and young players every day. I was a scout team OLmen for most of my CFL career, and the practices run very similarly. If you are a scout team player the most contact you have during non-individual drills is with a quality control coach who runs scout team. The coordinator, position coach, head coach rarely watch as they are busy debriefing the previous plays by the starters. You will run almost 0 reps of your teams current offense. When I played for WPG I ran about 5 plays of our offense a practice and 50-60 plays of the BCs or Torontos. By the end of one season I knew Saskatchewan's offense better than ours because we played them 5 times. You stand and watch the 1s, but it is not like anyone is there to explain something to you or point out a good thing or a bad thing. Having a guy like Bray is a huge asset to the down roster guys who are trying to become actual players. I look at a guy like Rashaad Coward and Javon Wims as a a couple of guys who probably benefited from Bray being around. This season guys like Dax Raymond, Emmanuel Hall, Kerrith Whyte, and Alex Bars will benefit from having him around.

It is a very little thing, but it has a impact on some guys who emerge from the scout team and PR to contribute.

5. I know I was not super high on David Montgomery, but between the teams apparent giddiness and the beat guys pretty unanimously saying he looked good, I am very intrigued by what he does this season.

6. Run these young kickers out for a couple of weeks and then break glass and sign Matt Bryant if it is ugly by week 3 of the preseason. But Pace is right, the best thing for the Bears is to find and develop a young kicker.

7. Do not care if some guys play 0 snaps in the preseason. Health is all that matters.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

2. HaHa on PUP does not concern me. If he is not going to practice for a few days it gives them options and Nagy has not done anything for us not to trust him on injuries.

Not practicing gives them options? What?

I mean Dix will probably be fine, but he needs to be out there, meshing with this team. Dude has a lot to prove this year and with his history, that means learning to play with scheme integrity and scheme discipline.

Spinning Dix missing time as some kind of positive crosses the meatball homer line.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I mean Dix will probably be fine, but he needs to be out there, meshing with this team. Dude has a lot to prove this year and with his history, that means learning to play with scheme integrity and scheme discipline.

Spinning Dix missing time as some kind of positive crosses the meatball homer line.
A agree but I don't think missing a week will hurt much as he's already been in system and is a vet. He also has a pal in EJ so I'm sure will get fit in and know his position soon enough. I think what Windy meant is that we'll get to see some backup reps with the starters and that's not too bad since we don't expect HA HA here for more than a year so may learn something. Not too concerned about HaHa being up to speed by Sept.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Omitting "for a few days" sure changes what he said. He said that the 3 or so practices missed (a few) is not going to be a killer to him and will not mean that he does not mesh with his team mates because of losing 3 practices.

His options comment may have been a little weak, but I think that it means that it would allow other safety options to get some reps with the starters.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. Trey Burton and Anthony Miller not being on PUP is great news. Both had surgeries, Burton later in the offseason, and it appears both have healed well. Big parts of the offense that should not have lingering issues.

3. All the Leonard Floyd talk is coming from somewhere and I think it is the legitimate belief that he is going to have a break out season. He was good last season, he wasn't good with the broken hand and then he was very good in the last 7 games. I think he is a slow developer. We have not seen any monumental leaps, but we have seen pretty continues growth in him. Now before someone starts giving me his sack numbers, please head over there and fuck off.

4. Tyler Bray being PR eligible is a nice surprise. It is a super small thing, but it helps to have a veteran QB who works with the PR, scout team, and young players every day. I was a scout team OLmen for most of my CFL career, and the practices run very similarly. If you are a scout team player the most contact you have during non-individual drills is with a quality control coach who runs scout team. The coordinator, position coach, head coach rarely watch as they are busy debriefing the previous plays by the starters. You will run almost 0 reps of your teams current offense. When I played for WPG I ran about 5 plays of our offense a practice and 50-60 plays of the BCs or Torontos. By the end of one season I knew Saskatchewan's offense better than ours because we played them 5 times. You stand and watch the 1s, but it is not like anyone is there to explain something to you or point out a good thing or a bad thing. Having a guy like Bray is a huge asset to the down roster guys who are trying to become actual players. I look at a guy like Rashaad Coward and Javon Wims as a a couple of guys who probably benefited from Bray being around. This season guys like Dax Raymond, Emmanuel Hall, Kerrith Whyte, and Alex Bars will benefit from having him around.

It is a very little thing, but it has a impact on some guys who emerge from the scout team and PR to contribute.

5. I know I was not super high on David Montgomery, but between the teams apparent giddiness and the beat guys pretty unanimously saying he looked good, I am very intrigued by what he does this season.

6. Run these young kickers out for a couple of weeks and then break glass and sign Matt Bryant if it is ugly by week 3 of the preseason. But Pace is right, the best thing for the Bears is to find and develop a young kicker.

7. Do not care if some guys play 0 snaps in the preseason. Health is all that matters.

I've translated Windy's post into the brevity it so richly desires...

1. I hope our guys aren't injured

2. I hope HHCD isn't injured

3. I'm a Floyd homer don't @me with stats and prove me wrong.

4. Here is where I spend too much time talking about Tyler Bray.

5. I am drinking the Montgomery kool-aid and abandoning all my criticism for no good reason.

6. Sign Matt Bryant already.

7. Setting up my excuse.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Does he though? After watching Mack and Quan last year I question just how important playing in camp really is. If a guy is good then he's going to be good regardless of camp reps.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does he though? After watching Mack and Quan last year I question just how important playing in camp really is. If a guy is good then he's going to be good regardless of camp reps.

I have no doubts that Roquan will be a league leader in tackles this year. But for some reason ppl think that Floyd is "still developing" and will have a breakout year in his 4th season. We seriously would have seen more by now.

napo55

Liked Posts:

Thanks for the good info. Let's see how healthy Burton and Miller are. ( Disregard the snarky comments from those who really have nothing to offer.)

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Training camp kickoff video with Nagy and Pace from this morning.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thanks for the good info. Let's see how healthy Burton and Miller are. ( Disregard the snarky comments from those who really have nothing to offer.)