Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps in the future you can explain to the board how to derive relative value other than play. If you mean teams get desperate in a sellers market and overpay FAs, well yes, they get overpaid quite often.

The premise was that your description, that he was paid like a solid safety and no more is wrong. If you feel he's more than a solid safety, fine, in that case he wouldn't be overpaid in your mind but that's not the argument. It's the correlation of being merely solid and associating that with his pay as normal for that description. You constantly side step that.

I'm done. Saying something is so doesn't make it so. Declare victory all you want, it isn't the point. You either think he's more than just the solid player you initially described or should agree he's overpaid. You can't have it both ways or you can... I don't care anymore.

Last edited:

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Perhaps in the future you can explain to the board how to derive relative value other than play. If you mean teams get desperate in a sellers market and overpay FAs, well yes, they get overpaid quite often.

The premise was that your description, that he was paid like a solid safety and no more is wrong. If you feel he's more than a solid safety, fine, in that case he wouldn't be overpaid in your mind but that's not the argument. It's the correlation of being merely solid and associating that with his pay as normal for that description. You constantly side step that.

I'm done. Saying something is so doesn't make it so. Declare victory all you want, it isn't the point. You either think he's more than just the solid player you initially described or should agree he's overpaid. You can't have it both ways or you can... I don't care anymore.

That is not the basis of your argument. You claim Amos is overpaid, but present no evidence to support it. I have presented my argument that he is paid appropriately for being a solid safety at 64% of market value. I have backed up this premise of why Amos got what he got based on his production, age, etc.

He is what he is. A solid starting safety and he is paid appropriately.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last response.
Here's what started this.
Your comment: I do not believe this to be true. I'd say he is right at market value for a solid safety. You have to figure the top end guys are getting 10+ per year.

My initial response beyond a stat. : Top 10 out of 64 pay or the top 15 percentile does not reflect, 'market value for a solid safety'. That's would be categorized as within the elite payment category. It's the equivalent to a top 5 middle linebacker or QB relative to his peers so he's this, which you objected too.

It's the same specific argument I've been making since the beginning and attempting alternate ways of conveying this while you've been around the block a couple times.

Last edited:

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Last response.
Here's what started this.
Your comment: I do not believe this to be true. I'd say he is right at market value for a solid safety. You have to figure the top end guys are getting 10+ per year.

My initial response beyond a stat. : Top 10 out of 64 pay or the top 15 percentile does not reflect, 'market value for a solid safety'. That's would be categorized as within the elite payment category. It's the equivalent to a top 5 middle linebacker or QB relative to his peers so he's this, which you objected too.

It's the same specific argument I've been making since the beginning and attempting alternate ways of conveying this while you've been around the block a couple times.
Your argument is silly. The top 64 safeties include many safeties who are on rookie deals, some who are on long term deals that were once high pay but because of the yearly inflation of FA after now relatively low. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Any new FA deal will look to be overpaid compared to a rookie deal.

Amos is paid appropriately for a solid FA safety. Saying he isn't doesn't make it so.