Bears v Packers By Position

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
QB
A. Rodgers > M. Trubisky - until otherwise proven. Rodgers is top 5 and can carry his "even lesser talented" team to a W any week. Trubisky not there yet.

GB + 7

RB
DMC > Jones & Williams Bros - Bears backfield much more dynamic, and if Montgomery lives up to even 80% of the preseason hype this group has a huge advantage.

CHI + 3

WR
Would trade A. Rob for D. Adams any day of the week, but the Bears #2, #3, depth is all better by far.

Even

OLINE
Close - Bears have better interior, Packers IMO better tackles. Depth same. Big difference here might be the more empahsized holding rules. Could hurt GB.

CHI + 1

Total Offense - GB + 3

DL
Hicks / Goldman / RRH/Nichols leaps and bounds better than what GB sends out. Kenny Clark is talented but also a bit knicked.

CHI + 2

OLB
Best in the world Mack can do the same as Rodgers - win a game all on his own. The Smith Bros are nice but are they overall really better than Flloyd? Their depth is better especially if Gary turns into anything as a Rookie. Still tho - Super Man Mack tilts this heavily to Bears.

CHI + 5

ILB
Again we have potential All-Pro, at least Pro-Bowl Smith, Trevathan is a great field general and hopefully age doesn't catch up with him until next year. Our depth isn't great but there are interesting pieces. Packers ILB is a mess.

CHI + 4

CB
This is closer than one might think, and also hardest to judge. I would rank them in order Fuller, Alexander, King, Amukamara - Bears have better depth. Call it Even

Even

S
Amos is a nice addition. Very good player. But does not even come close to the quality of game changing potential of Jackson. Savage as a rookie and HaHa as a possible bounceback player returning to solid form are similar unknowns. Again the Bears have better depth.

Bears + 3

Total Defense: Bears +14

Special Teams
Hard to say so early in the season. Feel like the Bears should have better return game with Cohen / Patterson, unless the Pack use Adams but don't think they will. Of course Bears Kicker so much an unknown and Pack do have consistency with Crosby.

Packers +2

Overall: Bears By 9 Points - 26-17. Up 16-3 at halftime thanks to aggressive Defense and Mitch/Nagy making the most with scripted plays and a short field or two, but this time they match the Pack in the 2nd half and don't give up the lead. Pinero misses an extra point early but hits 2/2 on FG's including one late to put the game just out of reach!

Reactions: DC

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
And I forgot the TE's Wow. If Burton Plays it is a wash. If no Burton still close because Bears TE's are better blockers. Graham more dangerous in the passing game. This could give GB an additional +1-2

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Bears have better fans +34

Also, I think Aaron Rodgers is 2nd tier at best. He should really just retire already. I give the edge to Mitch

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers still has it in him...however as the year went on last year I think he was playing for stats and not for team wins......

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
This could very well be the game and season where it all changes. Wouldn't that be wonderful as a Bears fan. But until the Monsters of the Midway crush Rodgers for good like a bug, and until Trubisky comes out throwing dimes and making plays consistently the spread at QB is what it is.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Amazing how much reputation can carry you in the NFL. Don't post actual top 5 numbers but still be called a top 5 player.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Amazing how much reputation can carry you in the NFL. Don't post actual top 5 numbers but still be called a top 5 player.
You are correct. He is not top 5 statisically for the last few years. How would you handicap the QB's then in this upcoming game? Do you think Rodgers is even more valuable to the end result (a win) than Trubisky? If this was even that means the Bears should run away with this game winning by 2 TD's or more. Maybe it will happen.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rodgers still has the highest career passer rating even if it isn't all about that and he plays (well) when dinged. Was Dalton elite or a top 2 QB in 2015? Prescott in 2016. Actually better than Rodgers those years or does it have something to do with associations. More to being good than passer rating.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Make no mistake, Rodgers is still the better quarterback in this match-up. I'm just tired of seeing him still called top 5 when he isn't anymore.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Make no mistake, Rodgers is still the better quarterback in this match-up. I'm just tired of seeing him still called top 5 when he isn't anymore.

Girl please, the season hasn't even started yet so you can't say he isn't top 5 when you don't know how he is going to show up this year.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Girl please, the season hasn't even started yet so you can't say he isn't top 5 when you don't know how he is going to show up this year.
Using your logic, the same goes for Trubisky, doesn't it?

10veitout

Liked Posts:
QB
A. Rodgers > M. Trubisky - until otherwise proven. Rodgers is top 5 and can carry his "even lesser talented" team to a W any week. Trubisky not there yet.

GB + 7

RB
DMC > Jones & Williams Bros - Bears backfield much more dynamic, and if Montgomery lives up to even 80% of the preseason hype this group has a huge advantage.

CHI + 3

WR
Would trade A. Rob for D. Adams any day of the week, but the Bears #2, #3, depth is all better by far.

Even

OLINE
Close - Bears have better interior, Packers IMO better tackles. Depth same. Big difference here might be the more empahsized holding rules. Could hurt GB.

CHI + 1

Total Offense - GB + 3

DL
Hicks / Goldman / RRH/Nichols leaps and bounds better than what GB sends out. Kenny Clark is talented but also a bit knicked.

CHI + 2

OLB
Best in the world Mack can do the same as Rodgers - win a game all on his own. The Smith Bros are nice but are they overall really better than Flloyd? Their depth is better especially if Gary turns into anything as a Rookie. Still tho - Super Man Mack tilts this heavily to Bears.

CHI + 5

ILB
Again we have potential All-Pro, at least Pro-Bowl Smith, Trevathan is a great field general and hopefully age doesn't catch up with him until next year. Our depth isn't great but there are interesting pieces. Packers ILB is a mess.

CHI + 4

CB
This is closer than one might think, and also hardest to judge. I would rank them in order Fuller, Alexander, King, Amukamara - Bears have better depth. Call it Even

Even

S
Amos is a nice addition. Very good player. But does not even come close to the quality of game changing potential of Jackson. Savage as a rookie and HaHa as a possible bounceback player returning to solid form are similar unknowns. Again the Bears have better depth.

Bears + 3

Total Defense: Bears +14

Special Teams
Hard to say so early in the season. Feel like the Bears should have better return game with Cohen / Patterson, unless the Pack use Adams but don't think they will. Of course Bears Kicker so much an unknown and Pack do have consistency with Crosby.

Packers +2

Overall: Bears By 9 Points - 26-17. Up 16-3 at halftime thanks to aggressive Defense and Mitch/Nagy making the most with scripted plays and a short field or two, but this time they match the Pack in the 2nd half and don't give up the lead. Pinero misses an extra point early but hits 2/2 on FG's including one late to put the game just out of reach!

Lmao what? Aaron Jones is better then any of your crap RBs, our O line is better too.

Your second and third WRs are more proven than ours, but Scantling is going to be better then both of them this year. Adam's is better then your top two combined anyway.

Uh, no lol. Bahktari is WAY better then anyone on your line, by far. Taylor, Linsley, Turner, Bulaga. Long and Whitehair are good but you cant matchup.

Kenny Clark is the best NT in football but thanks for trying bud. I agree, with Daniels gone they arent proven enough to matchup with the bears interior.

Are the Smith bros better then Floyd? Yes. Each of them individually, by far. Fackrell too. My guess is the Smith's put together together are better then Mack. Gary will be playing more interior 3-4 end then OLB.

LMAO Blake Martinez led the league in tackles in 2017, and was second in 2018. None of your crappy ILBs can compare. Were short here with Burks out and Goodson not ready yet, but we have one ILB on the field at most typically.

Your CBs are more proven. Ours are younger and on the upswing. Alexander will be a star this year. King might get the start technically but Tony Brown is better and will get more total snaps at least week 1.

Amos is our SS. Savage is our FS. Your safety's are more proven and thusly get the edge, but I think Savage is going to be a beast.

Trevor Davis is statistically a top 7 returner. Our kicker is better, our punter has a better average and is better. Adam's never returned kicks, but once in his rookie preseason. It was fumbled.

GB wins on a long blown coverage in the clutch per usual 27-24

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lmao what? Aaron Jones is better then any of your crap RBs, our O line is better too.

Your second and third WRs are more proven than ours, but Scantling is going to be better then both of them this year. Adam's is better then your top two combined anyway.

Uh, no lol. Bahktari is WAY better then anyone on your line, by far. Taylor, Linsley, Turner, Bulaga. Long and Whitehair are good but you cant matchup.

Kenny Clark is the best NT in football but thanks for trying bud. I agree, with Daniels gone they arent proven enough to matchup with the bears interior.

Are the Smith bros better then Floyd? Yes. Each of them individually, by far. Fackrell too. My guess is the Smith's put together together are better then Mack. Gary will be playing more interior 3-4 end then OLB.

LMAO Blake Martinez led the league in tackles in 2017, and was second in 2018. None of your crappy ILBs can compare. Were short here with Burks out and Goodson not ready yet, but we have one ILB on the field at most typically.

Your CBs are more proven. Ours are younger and on the upswing. Alexander will be a star this year. King might get the start technically but Tony Brown is better and will get more total snaps at least week 1.

Amos is our SS. Savage is our FS. Your safety's are more proven and thusly get the edge, but I think Savage is going to be a beast.

Trevor Davis is statistically a top 7 returner. Our kicker is better, our punter has a better average and is better. Adam's never returned kicks, but once in his rookie preseason. It was fumbled.

gosh you're back. wow. How long until you threaten to home invade another CCS member this time?

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Um, Brees and Brady have both had worse seasons then Rodgers last year, which was pretty good by anyone's standard but his own.

Pretty obvious Rodgers is a top QB to anyone who isnt delusional and scared lol.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Rodgers still has the highest career passer rating even if it isn't all about that and he plays (well) when dinged. Was Dalton elite or a top 2 QB in 2015? Prescott in 2016. Actually better than Rodgers those years or does it have something to do with associations. More to being good than passer rating.
Rodgers also has the best TD per attempt, INT per attempt, TD to INT ratio, etc.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:

Hey you are definitely overshooting a couple things but I get it.