Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What an idiotic response.

No we wouldn't prefer they were 2-6 playing at noon. We prefer they simply be playing at noon, since they play Thursday morning the same week.

A Thursday game at 11:30 am is literally the shortest turnaround from Sunday possible. Playing as late as possible on Sunday makes an extremely short turnaround significantly worse.

Why anyone would equate having an issue with this ridiculously unfair scheduling with wishing we sucked is so stupid there's no understanding it.

You literally just have to try to insult people for no reason. Why?

Imagine being this upset.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've never seen time cause so much angst.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That's an excellent point. Imagine being upset about the flex when there's points like this being made. SMH

The short week prior to Thursday's game is impacted by Sunday's change in schedule.

The extra time after Thursday's game is completely unaffected by Sunday's schedule. It is a benefit for the following week, but that is irrelevant as the discussion is the week prior to Thursday, not after.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Mully was right :lol:
He was saying it would happen and everyone didn't (Haugh, Bernstein & McKnight)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Imagine being this upset.

Far, far less upset than your post ripping people for having an issue with it.

Go ask a player privately what he thinks of this. I am confident the players are not happy about it.

And we are simply discussing a change in schedule in NFL. I am not losing my shit or kicking the dog. Simply responding to the subject at hand in a very reasonable way - as opposed to assuming people would rather have a losing team. The connection you made there is one that is simply ridiculous.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Go ask a player privately what he thinks of this. I am confident the players are not happy about it.

And we are simply discussing a change in schedule in NFL. I am not losing my shit or kicking the dog. Simply responding to the subject at hand in a very reasonable way - as opposed to assuming people would rather have a losing team. The connection you made there is one that is simply ridiculous.

Not buying it.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I dont care what time the game is played, as long as it's on Sunday!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The short week prior to Thursday's game is impacted by Sunday's change in schedule.

The extra time after Thursday's game is completely unaffected by Sunday's schedule. It is a benefit for the following week, but that is irrelevant as the discussion is the week prior to Thursday, not after.

Question: Are you one of those people that gets Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) because I can see you being upset about the flexing of the game particularly after the daylight savings time change Saturday night. If not, SMH.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

If you are so confident that the players are upset by the time of the game changing and are literally unhappy about it, why is it Gus' job to go ask one of them how mad they are? Isn't the burden of proof on the person making the claim? SMH.

mecha

Liked Posts:
The NFL usually backloads division games to make things more interesting down the stretch.

I mean they could achieve the same thing playing half of them in each half of the season. what difference does it make if it's 3 games or 5-6?

in the first flex game ever the Bears played the Giants. doesn't need to be division games to be "exciting" or "interesting".

Thursday night games are fucking cancer regardless. statistically I'm sure most players get hurt in those games.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I mean they could achieve the same thing playing half of them in each half of the season. what difference does it make if it's 3 games or 5-6?

in the first flex game ever the Bears played the Giants. doesn't need to be division games to be "exciting" or "interesting".

Thursday night games are fucking cancer regardless. statistically I'm sure most players get hurt in those games.

You'll have to forgive him, for you see, he is dumb.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I hate this because at first the game was at noon, but now it's at 7:25.

If you think that is bad, the game is at 10:25 pm for me. It could have been worse, I could have been living in the south of Brazil and then the game would be at 11:25 pm.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
NFL teams have recently complained to the NFL about playing a Monday night game and traveling for the following Sunday's game, and the NFL has been reducing/eliminating those scheduling scenarios.

Those games are 6 days apart.

Apparently the coaches and players who know best think it's a burden to cut the prep time from their routine even when it is for a Sunday game.

Thursday morning in Detroit means travel on Wednesday. While it's not a long trip, it is still a couple/few hours out of your available time, including transportation to airport, flight, and getting to hotel in Detroit.

So your typical week with Monday film, Tuesday off, Wed and Thursday practice and installation of game plan becomes Mon, Tues and Wed.

A game ending at 11 PM Sunday doesn't help. Obviously some fans think 7 1/2 hours later means nothing, but the players now get to bed at 1:00 am at best. Monday is affected. Wed includes the travel. That is just a very short turnaround.

Listening to every single NFL commentator, they will always discuss that Thursday night games allow for no recovery time for anyone suffering even a minor injury on Sunday. (Same for both Thursday participants, of course). Make it Sunday night and Thursday morning? It only gets worse.

And only one team has that Sunday late game.

It is simply unnecessary. That is the point. If Monday night to Sunday is a burden, Sunday night to Thursday certainly is as well. When do you prep for the Lions? The only saving grace is playing them a week and a half earlier so it's not a brand new opponent.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NFL teams have recently complained to the NFL about playing a Monday night game and traveling for the following Sunday's game, and the NFL has been reducing/eliminating those scheduling scenarios.

Those games are 6 days apart.

Apparently the coaches and players who know best think it's a burden to cut the prep time from their routine even when it is for a Sunday game.

Thursday morning in Detroit means travel on Wednesday. While it's not a long trip, it is still a couple/few hours out of your available time, including transportation to airport, flight, and getting to hotel in Detroit.

So your typical week with Monday film, Tuesday off, Wed and Thursday practice and installation of game plan becomes Mon, Tues and Wed.

A game ending at 11 PM Sunday doesn't help. Obviously some fans think 7 1/2 hours later means nothing, but the players now get to bed at 1:00 am at best. Monday is affected. Wed includes the travel. That is just a very short turnaround.

Listening to every single NFL commentator, they will always discuss that Thursday night games allow for no recovery time for anyone suffering even a minor injury on Sunday. (Same for both Thursday participants, of course). Make it Sunday night and Thursday morning? It only gets worse.

And only one team has that Sunday late game.

It is simply unnecessary. That is the point. If Monday night to Sunday is a burden, Sunday night to Thursday certainly is as well. When do you prep for the Lions? The only saving grace is playing them a week and a half earlier so it's not a brand new opponent.

Cry about it

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Literally getting more and more and more jacked about this as the minutes tick by!!!

:bearbang:

Primetime BROTHER!!!

BEARS WILL LITERALLY BE BACK ON THE MAP IN THE NFL!

:bearbang: :bearbang: :bearbang: