Bears/Vikings flexed to Sunday night

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL teams have recently complained to the NFL about playing a Monday night game and traveling for the following Sunday's game, and the NFL has been reducing/eliminating those scheduling scenarios.

Those games are 6 days apart.

Apparently the coaches and players who know best think it's a burden to cut the prep time from their routine even when it is for a Sunday game.

Thursday morning in Detroit means travel on Wednesday. While it's not a long trip, it is still a couple/few hours out of your available time, including transportation to airport, flight, and getting to hotel in Detroit.

So your typical week with Monday film, Tuesday off, Wed and Thursday practice and installation of game plan becomes Mon, Tues and Wed.

A game ending at 11 PM Sunday doesn't help. Obviously some fans think 7 1/2 hours later means nothing, but the players now get to bed at 1:00 am at best. Monday is affected. Wed includes the travel. That is just a very short turnaround.

Listening to every single NFL commentator, they will always discuss that Thursday night games allow for no recovery time for anyone suffering even a minor injury on Sunday. (Same for both Thursday participants, of course). Make it Sunday night and Thursday morning? It only gets worse.

And only one team has that Sunday late game.

It is simply unnecessary. That is the point. If Monday night to Sunday is a burden, Sunday night to Thursday certainly is as well. When do you prep for the Lions? The only saving grace is playing them a week and a half earlier so it's not a brand new opponent.

So the Lions host Carolina on the 18th at 12. Then they start drinking at 5 or 6. Party till 11 or so, maybe watch Bears game.

Nobody would disagree that Sunday to Thursday is easy, especially for the away team. But that did not change. Nothing really did.

And, believe it or not, the players actually love the national stage for a night game. Everything you said is correct, but nothing really changed. And don't forget these are 22-32 year olds.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Literally getting more and more and more jacked about this as the minutes tick by!!!

:bearbang:

Primetime BROTHER!!!

BEARS WILL LITERALLY BE BACK ON THE MAP IN THE NFL!

:bearbang: :bearbang: :bearbang:

That part is good. Flexing INTO Sunday night means someone actually wants to watch you play.

Nobody is jacked up. Just trying to explain something painfully simple to some people incapable of understanding it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That part is good. Flexing INTO Sunday night means someone actually wants to watch you play.

Nobody is jacked up. Just trying to explain something painfully simple to some people incapable of understanding it.

I'm jacked up.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
NFL teams have recently complained to the NFL about playing a Monday night game and traveling for the following Sunday's game, and the NFL has been reducing/eliminating those scheduling scenarios.

Those games are 6 days apart.

Apparently the coaches and players who know best think it's a burden to cut the prep time from their routine even when it is for a Sunday game.

Thursday morning in Detroit means travel on Wednesday. While it's not a long trip, it is still a couple/few hours out of your available time, including transportation to airport, flight, and getting to hotel in Detroit.

So your typical week with Monday film, Tuesday off, Wed and Thursday practice and installation of game plan becomes Mon, Tues and Wed.

A game ending at 11 PM Sunday doesn't help. Obviously some fans think 7 1/2 hours later means nothing, but the players now get to bed at 1:00 am at best. Monday is affected. Wed includes the travel. That is just a very short turnaround.

Listening to every single NFL commentator, they will always discuss that Thursday night games allow for no recovery time for anyone suffering even a minor injury on Sunday. (Same for both Thursday participants, of course). Make it Sunday night and Thursday morning? It only gets worse.

And only one team has that Sunday late game.

It is simply unnecessary. That is the point. If Monday night to Sunday is a burden, Sunday night to Thursday certainly is as well. When do you prep for the Lions? The only saving grace is playing them a week and a half earlier so it's not a brand new opponent.

Cry about it
What is with the attacks, HHM?

He started saying that it was ridiculous that we would prefer to play at noon and be at 2-6 than 5-3 and play the Sunday night game which is what Gustavus Adolphus said.

He asked Gustavus Adolphus to prove that players and coaches were ok with a late Sunday night game and the earliest Thursday game back-to-back and someone said that he had to provide the proof.

What does he do? He provided some proof with an admitted lack of connections in NFL circles.

What do you do?

You give him shit.

Why don´t you take his "proof" and comment on it besides
Cry about it
?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Lions game just became even more important. Probably gotta win that and the Vikings game.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What is with the attacks, HHM?

He started saying that it was ridiculous that we would prefer to play at noon and be at 2-6 than 5-3 and play the Sunday night game which is what Gustavus Adolphus said.

He asked Gustavus Adolphus to prove that players and coaches were ok with a late Sunday night game and the earliest Thursday game back-to-back and someone said that he had to provide the proof.

What does he do? He provided some proof with an admitted lack of connections in NFL circles.

What do you do?

You give him shit.

Why don´t you take his "proof" and comment on it besides ?

sorry, i'm just too jacked up about the bears to let these negative nancies try to get people down.

PRIMETIME BABY!!!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Bears being good is good for the NFL. They know that. It’s why the Bears almost always get a Sunday nighter and Monday nighter earlier in the season before they fall out of contention. Add a first place Bears team to the mix later in the season, and the NFL is licking its chops.

In fact, no matter what, the Vikings/Bears game will be for first place in the division.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
sorry, i'm just too jacked up about the bears to let these negative nancies try to get people down.

PRIMETIME BABY!!!

Ohhhh yeeeeeeah ... FREAKIN PRIMETIME!!!

(huffs and puffs and rips shirt off)

Literally only 13 days until the world is watching the FUTURE of the. N. F. L.!!!

:bearbang: :bearbang:

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
2a kickoffs suck but

Bears in primetime is always a great watch

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What game was Sunday night before

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville. Glad that snooze fest got tossed for something better.
Imagine being this upset.

He gets this upset about everything. He's always complaining. I think he needs a timeout
Far, far less upset than your post ripping people for having an issue with it.

Go ask a player privately what he thinks of this. I am confident the players are not happy about it.
And we are simply discussing a change in schedule in NFL. I am not losing my shit or kicking the dog. Simply responding to the subject at hand in a very reasonable way - as opposed to assuming people would rather have a losing team. The connection you made there is one that is simply ridiculous.

That's too bad if the players don't like it. They're getting paid millions of dollars to play a children's game. They'll play whenever the NFL tells them to play and they'll do it with a smile on their faces.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
So how much should I bump up those ticket prices now? lol

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

PRIMETIME BABY!!!

Hollup... you literally get a Bears game on two consecutive days and you're complaining? That's EPIC BROTHER!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Pittsburgh at Jacksonville. Glad that snooze fest got tossed for something better.

He gets this upset about everything. He's always complaining. I think he needs a timeout

That's too bad if the players don't like it. They're getting paid millions of dollars to play a children's game. They'll play whenever the NFL tells them to play and they'll do it with a smile on their faces.

Actually, if you were to read my posts, you would see that i have simply laid out logical reasoning for why I believe this is an unfair schedule for the Bears, while pointing to examples of other scheduling complaints by NFL personnel to back up that it really DOES matter when you have a short prep week.

I am not sure why you would say I am terribly upset.

There are two people hurling insults and making condescending posts prior to me, and offering zero to add to any objective or meaningful discussion.

When someone's entire contribution to a discussion is "cry about it" or "I guess people would prefer we were 2-6", it shows there is really no reasonable basis for their position. If you truly don't think it matters, fine. But to respond only with insults?? WTF??

I am "upset about everything"? Everything ? Or just people who come here to insult and bitch rather than discuss anything football related?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Actually, if you were to read my posts, you would see that i have simply laid out logical reasoning for why I believe this is an unfair schedule for the Bears, while pointing to examples of other scheduling complaints by NFL personnel to back up that it really DOES matter when you have a short prep week.

I am not sure why you would say I am terribly upset.

There are two people hurling insults and making condescending posts prior to me, and offering zero to add to any objective or meaningful discussion.

When someone's entire contribution to a discussion is "cry about it" or "I guess people would prefer we were 2-6", it shows there is really no reasonable basis for their position. If you truly don't think it matters, fine. But to respond only with insults?? WTF??

I am "upset about everything"? Everything ? Or just people who come here to insult and bitch rather than discuss anything football related?

You're replying to literally the biggest troll on CCS. Just fyi.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If you think that is bad, the game is at 10:25 pm for me. It could have been worse, I could have been living in the south of Brazil and then the game would be at 11:25 pm.

Moves the game from 6pm to 2.25am for me! Kind of sucks, but at least it's a reflection of us playing well and still being relevant in November. Got a long flight the next day, so at least I can download it on Gamepass and it'll entertain me for three hours of the flight, so at least that's another positive!