Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would through Javon Wimms up there even if I would hate to see him go

I would imagine other players competing for a roster spot among the WR corps would be at odds to make the roster. Guys like Taquan and Tanner are all but gone IMO. Wims showed every bit of potential in the one game they let him play in.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Making tough decisions like this is a good thing....I suspect Bears fans value some of these guys more than they should however.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've definitely been guilty of this, (hopefully) in the past.

Most excited fans have. It isn't always easy to be objective of the team you are a fan.

I have done it in the past, but have since found a way to be objective yet still remain an ardent fan.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Didn't realize it was a countdown from 7 at first. Thought they meant Nick Williams was the 7th string D-Line. Was like whoa.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Very excited that we won't have to watch Mizzell run directly into the ass of the OL in front of him anymore.

Why did Sowell switch to TE? This is a head scratcher for me. Bears already have 3 TEs (Burton, DUD, some guy named Ben) and I thought Sowell did an OK job as a backup lineman.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Wimms brings a skill set our other WRs are missing. I think he is safe and also I think Wimms and Miller will be a great duo in the future.
This is true. Wimms is the only wr currently on the roster who could step into the role if Allen Robinson was to go down with an injury outside of the rookie Riley. It is going to be a very competitive camp battle but I think the team has plans for Wimms.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Very excited that we won't have to watch Mizzell run directly into the ass of the OL in front of him anymore.

Why did Sowell switch to TE? This is a head scratcher for me. Bears already have 3 TEs (Burton, DUD, some guy named Ben) and I thought Sowell did an OK job as a backup lineman.
Do you think because they list him as a TE that it's against the rules to use him as a backup OT as well?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do you think because they list him as a TE that it's against the rules to use him as a backup OT as well?
I don't see why not, but don't know the official rules. I just can't fathom why they want Sowell to be a TE and have him lose 30+ pounds. Plus carry 4 TE's on the roster? Bears hardly emphasized the position last year at all.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
TE is a vital part of Nagy's offense.

But they arent asking So well to lose weight, are anything like that. This move just allows them to have him come into,the game as a pass catcher without having to announce himself as an eligible receiver. It's really nothing more than that, from what I understand...
Did you read the article?

Last year this would have said tackle Bradley Sowell. He switched to tight end and has lost about 30 pounds, although coach Matt Nagy refused to get specific about the amount during minicamp. Switching positions when there are already three tight ends on the roster, and a handful of undrafted, talented rookies appears to be kind of a career suicide. Sowell thinks he can do it but it would have seemed he'd have a better fit as a second reserve tackle than as a fourth tight end. They might not even carry four of them.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I don't see why not, but don't know the official rules. I just can't fathom why they want Sowell to be a TE and have him lose 30+ pounds. Plus carry 4 TE's on the roster? Bears hardly emphasized the position last year at all.
My take is it's a extra blocker. A real 6th lineman. QB needs more pocket time.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My take is it's a extra blocker. A real 6th lineman. QB needs more pocket time.

That would be my take on it too. Perhaps they believed he was athletic enough to become a blocking TE with some weight loss. Considering that Shaheen may be on his way out after this season its not exactly a bad idea to have Sowell convert to TE if that is what they feel.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I hope Nall gets a shot, he definitely had some flashes, but then again I'm a long grieving Brock Forsey fan.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
That would be my take on it too. Perhaps they believed he was athletic enough to become a blocking TE with some weight loss. Considering that Shaheen may be on his way out after this season its not exactly a bad idea to have Sowell convert to TE if that is what they feel.
For the life of me I don’t know they don’t have Shaheen add 30 pounds and move him to RT.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Sowell is a lock due to his positional flexibility.