Bears with Most Sacks but 2nd Lowest Blitzing %

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky already gets happy feet when there's no blitz. I hope he's ready this Sunday. Hit the hot read.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Arizona blitzes 40% of the time.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I love an aggressive D. I loved how Fangio actually did turn it up a notch this last week with some blitzing. But then, for some reason, it seemed he stopped after the 3rd qtr and Sea marched right down the field at the beginning of the 4th and made a game of it. I like the killer instinct too.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know I should be giving the credit to the Mack Trade, but I am starting my 180 about Vic Fangio. His defense looks like it will drag what should have been a mediocre team right into the playoff hunt.

Anyone else want to chip in on sending Vic roses for Sweetest Day?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gonna piss myself. Haven’t pissed myself since tommie harris was healthy

Henry Melton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tommie Harris

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
are you just looking at things and typing them out

[video=youtube;cRBenO9xM5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRBenO9xM5k[/video]

Yes for the most part that's what I do here.

On a work PC, should have checked to make sure that was the same graphic I saw, of course it was.

Sorry officer.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing most of the blitzes came in the first half of the first two games and most in the first half of the Seattle game. The Bears were playing with big leads in the second half of both games and Fangio seemed content to only rush 4 and sometimes just 3. I think Fangio should rethink that philosophy because his zone or man under with little pressure isn't forcing teams into long, time consuming drives. Both the Packers and Seahawks had a lot of big plays in the second half against this style of defense. Maybe Fangio will get more aggressive in the second half once some of his key players get more acclimated to the defense and get in game shape. With an early bye this year I can see the defense with a head of steam coming out of the bye week.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky already gets happy feet when there's no blitz. I hope he's ready this Sunday. Hit the hot read.

One of his main weaknesses (so far) is he doesn't seem to make those pre-snap reads. He just goes through the progression mechanically like 1, 2, 3 which is why it seems he has overlooked some wide open receivers. I can only think of one time I saw him check out of a play when the D was showing blitz, and I don't think I've seen him target the hot read once. The play where he went deep last week, threw it short, and go picked, was when he was scrambling and not because he recognized a 1:1 or mismatch pre-snap.

It could be that the coaching staff are making him stick to the play as called or maybe he's just not confident enough yet to change it at the line of scrimmage. Either way I'm looking forward to him being able to read an NFL defense and adjust on the fly - hopefully sooner than later.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

Could mean that Howard/Cohen break off some nice runs. If you can get past the first wave of defenders on a blitz, you're usually gonna get 10+ yards.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Trubisky’s got all y’all fooled with his Clark Kent routine. Just wait for Superman Mitchell to arrive on Planet Bears.