Before Sunday I wanted Trubisky to sit the entire year, now I've changed my mind

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Right now we don't have a good receiving corps, probably the worst in the NFL. Teams are not going to respect it and this will effect Glennon as he takes a lot of sacks and can't make plays last longer with his feet. So if someone isn't open we are screwed, or Tarik Cohen will have 20 catches a game (exaggeration).

Glennon is going to be extremely limited here. With Trubisky we will have a smaller playbook, but with a weak WR corps that playbook is limited with or without Glennon in there. If you add Trubinsky you can start with the limited playbook and expand it as he learns and develops.
The wide receiver injuries have completely changed how I look at the QB situation.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Playbook is limited by Trubisky's still developing brane.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe I missed the opportunity to make that point, because I thought I did, lol.

Oh you did, but yes, I don't see how the difference in knowledge could be that vast and like other posters have mentioned, Trubisky is going to make his mistakes and he might as well make them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitchell's development isn't about Mike.

How so?

When Mitch is deemed ready to go then Glennon is done. Or, if Glennon continues to be sub-par/bad then Mitch will come in. Not sure I understand what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Now you want 2 years?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Mike Glennon can't target cohen so damn much I read a YouTube comment Stating the falcons didn't gameplan for cohen.... I couldn't believe it did this guy not watch the highlights ? you don't break 6 tackles consistently through out a football game in 13 touches and say they didn't gameplan for it lol you don't have your rookie mini RB double covered or running a sweep and the whole defense is swarming the towards the designated path on multiple occasions... You don't fake out 3 players on a non designed reverse when they were playing contain on that exact play. You don't stutter step 4 yards away from 3 would be tacklers and gain 6 yards from it.you don't go long into the end zone and get double covered without a gameplan. why do these football fans exist ?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Wtf would anybody want trubisky to sit an entire year?

He'll really only get better by playing, watching his film and gameplanning. At a minimum the expectation should be for him to start the last 4 games and ideally he was good enough to start the season.

Personally i thinkk a case was to be made ti start him immediately but they botched getting him reps with 1's and 2's early in camp.

Personally think he'll be starting sometime in October.....vs Minn was my prediction a month ago and sticking with it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fact that they didn't dress Sanchez means that they think Trubisky is ready to play. So I can only assume Glennon is still the starter because he hasn't sucked enough to pull him yet.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fact that they didn't dress Sanchez means that they think Trubisky is ready to play. So I can only assume Glennon is still the starter because he hasn't sucked enough to pull him yet.

This

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I think it was very clear on Sunday that the quarterback position is the weak-link of this team. Obviously our receivers suck, but I've never seen a slower quarterback than Glennon, both with moving around the pocket and going through his progressions. Mitch has proven that he can move and buy time, which will help both our receivers and our defense by improving time of possession.

No one can say for sure if we would have won with Mitch starting, but Glennon was the reason we lost on Sunday.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
giphy.gif