Best concert you have ever seen?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is the best concert you have ever seen and why?

Mine was Queensryche and suicidal tendencies.

Neither band even cracks my top 10 list of favorite bands, but the show was amazing.

Suicidal opened, sounded perfect with tons of energy, and absolutely nailed everything. they were touring for Lights, camera, revolution.

Queensryche was touring after Empire, but were performing Mindcrime start to finish for the first time, and achieved perfection.
I felt bad for suicidal- one of the greatest overall performances I had ever seen, and Queensryche one-ups them immediately.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Hmmmm, tough to narrow down, but I will try:

1. Roger Waters (Hitchhiker's tour) at the Rosemont Horizon, with Eric Clapton on guitar and Phil Collins on drums IIRC
2. Rage Against the Machine on the parking lot outside of ATT park (where the SF Giants play)
3. Stevie Wonder at the Montreux Festival in Switzerland - not my favorite artist by any means, but the setting was sick AF

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would say it would have to be between the first Metallica or first kid rock concerts I went to. They put on a good show and they weren’t in shit holes like most metal concerts I go to lol.

Honorable mentions to bone thugs n harmony concert. Even Eminem first one at ford field. I didn’t see shit from the concert but had a good time getting drunk and getting hoes lol

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best is Van Morrison

Most fun is any of several Jimmy Buffett concerts I’ve been to

Honorable mention goes to Audioslave, after the first album, in Chicago, on Tom Morello’s birthday

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Best is Van Morrison

Most fun is any of several Jimmy Buffett concerts I’ve been to

Honorable mention goes to Audioslave, after the first album, in Chicago, on Tom Morello’s birthday
I loved seeing Buffet. It was a fun concert up in Minneapolis

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Neither band even cracks my top 10 list of favorite bands, but the show was amazing.

Suicidal opened, sounded perfect with tons of energy, and absolutely nailed everything. they were touring for Lights, camera, revolution.

Queensryche was touring after Empire, but were performing Mindcrime start to finish for the first time, and achieved perfection.
I felt bad for suicidal- one of the greatest overall performances I had ever seen, and Queensryche one-ups them immediately.
Jamming to Queensryche on the way to Arizona today. My son was digging it

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved seeing Buffet. It was a fun concert up in Minneapolis

I always get shit for being a big fan of his. I’ve seen him 7(? maybe?) times in 3 places and every time was such a great party. Lots of fuzzy memories

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
In 1986, I saw The Band on a revolving stage in a theatre north of Chicago. Very strange

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jimmy Buffet and the coral reefer band are awesome in concert. Nobody should not see him at least once

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Saw ST in 98 or 99, not prime but they were still badass. Friend of mine saw them before when Mike Muir had a broken lag and did the show sitting in a LazyBoy.

Mindcrime is what 1st started my love of concept albums and prog epics. Just a fucking excellent album. Not to be taken song by song. Saw them the tour after the Empire tour. They played most of Mindcrime but not all.
Type O Negative opened for them. Those guys were awesome and hilarious. Saw them a few more times in the Bloody Kisses, October Rust era.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like Airtime said, Pantera was never very good live but I saw last show of 98 tour in Rockford with Anthrax. Chuck D was with them for Bring The Noise. In arena full of asshole skinheads.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
of all the concerts my wife has dragged me to, Drake and Backstreet Boys were probably the two best concerts I went to. I'm not usually a concert guy

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Like Airtime said, Pantera was never very good live but I saw last show of 98 tour in Rockford with Anthrax. Chuck D was with them for Bring The Noise. In arena full of asshole skinheads.

That is cool as hell that chuck D was with anthrax. long way to fly for a couple lines in 1 song!