Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Superfecta 5,8,13,16. Money in the bank

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a load of horse shit! Fucking robbed!

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you've ever been on a horse at full speed they move side to side. Bumping and cutting off is racing. Terrible and fuck the judges.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you've ever been on a horse at full speed they move side to side. Bumping and cutting off is racing. Terrible and fuck the judges.

Rules are rules.

That's like bitching when a DB runs head down into a WR before the ball arrives and is called for pass interference.

"If you've ever run head down at a person, you will run into them..."

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Raised on a horse farm but never had a harness horse. All of ours were crazy race horses. Damn they were fast
My horse was in the thick of it and got interfered with by maximum security, complete BS.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know nothing about horses but I did bet Maxium security to win. That was a terrible reversal.
No, that was clear interference. Plain and simple. The horse came out from the rail and ran into War of will, as a result, War of Will had to check up and lost all his momentum.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care what kind of horse race it is, you cannot come out from the 2 lane all the way into the five lane, make contact with another horse, and not expect a DQ. Maximum Security was mere millimeters away from causing a major catastrophe, and all most swept the legs out from War of Wills, Had War of Wills not had checked his horse up, you would have had a pile up of fallen horses like never been seen before.

If you are forced to check up your horse in the stretch, your horse never recovers momentum. I would be like a top fuel dragster having to hit his brakes, and then try to re-accelerate. The sad part is, I know this wasn't intentional, but it does not matter. while I doubt War of Will would have won the race, I have no doubt in my mind he would have finished in the money (in horse racing, the top 5 finishers get paid a percentage of the purse 50%-25%-13%-7%-5%). If the Stewards watch the race, and determine that the interference caused War of Will to finish in a spot in which he would not have if not interfered with, they have no choice but to DQ him. Regardless of the fact Maximum Security looked like the best horse in the race.

“I really thought I was going to win the Derby. I checked pretty hard when the seven [Maximum Security] came out as far as he did.”

Tyler Gaffalione, rider of War of Will

“I was able to get into a good spot after breaking that far wide. We were in a good spot in the far turn but I had to check pretty hard after the seven [Maximum Security] came out.”

Chris Landeros, rider of Bodexpress (13th)

When you watch the replay, pay attention to how far the horse comes out, and how fast he did it. The rider knew it too, that's why he corrected him like he did.

Honestly though, I don't think the race should have ever been run in those conditions to start with, but that is horse racing. Handicapping a race in the mud is a whole different thing, and you can throw the program right out the window.
A lot of horse's will just quit because of all the mud being flung in their eyes, face, nose, etc (this is especially true for some of the late closing horse's that stay back until the last stages of the race)

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Watch from the 27 minute mark.

If you really want some insight, watch from the 26 minute mark when the trainer is asked, " If this was any other race, on any other day........" His response is very telling.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The rule, as written, is unambiguous:

"If a leading horse or any other horse in a race swerves or is ridden to either side so as to interfere with, intimidate, or impede any other horse or jockey, or to cause the same result, this action shall be deemed a foul. ... If, in the opinion of the stewards, a foul alters the finish of a race, an offending horse may be disqualified by the stewards."

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care what kind of horse race it is, you cannot come out from the 2 lane all the way into the five lane, make contact with another horse, and not expect a DQ. Maximum Security was mere millimeters away from causing a major catastrophe, and all most swept the legs out from War of Wills, Had War of Wills not had checked his horse up, you would have had a pile up of fallen horses like never been seen before.

If you are forced to check up your horse in the stretch, your horse never recovers momentum. I would be like a top fuel dragster having to hit his brakes, and then try to re-accelerate. The sad part is, I know this wasn't intentional, but it does not matter. while I doubt War of Will would have won the race, I have no doubt in my mind he would have finished in the money (in horse racing, the top 5 finishers get paid a percentage of the purse 50%-25%-13%-7%-5%). If the Stewards watch the race, and determine that the interference caused War of Will to finish in a spot in which he would not have if not interfered with, they have no choice but to DQ him. Regardless of the fact Maximum Security looked like the best horse in the race.

“I really thought I was going to win the Derby. I checked pretty hard when the seven [Maximum Security] came out as far as he did.”

Tyler Gaffalione, rider of War of Will

“I was able to get into a good spot after breaking that far wide. We were in a good spot in the far turn but I had to check pretty hard after the seven [Maximum Security] came out.”

Chris Landeros, rider of Bodexpress (13th)

When you watch the replay, pay attention to how far the horse comes out, and how fast he did it. The rider knew it too, that's why he corrected him like he did.

Honestly though, I don't think the race should have ever been run in those conditions to start with, but that is horse racing. Handicapping a race in the mud is a whole different thing, and you can throw the program right out the window.
A lot of horse's will just quit because of all the mud being flung in their eyes, face, nose, etc (this is especially true for some of the late closing horse's that stay back until the last stages of the race)

He may have finished top seven or even better, he was running well in a good lane but saying "no doubt" he'd finish top 5 is quite a reach.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He may have finished top seven or even better, he was running well in a good lane but saying "no doubt" he'd finish top 5 is quite a reach.
Well, I disagree with you 100%, top five is not a stretch, at all, saying otherwise is. Now, had I said he would have won the race, then that would be a reach.