Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interestingly, Vegas also set Mitch's TD total to 26...only 2 more than 2018, despite missing two complete games.
Almost appears to be a decline, unless predicting further absences.
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/vegas-sets-mitchell-trubiskys-pass-td-total-265

thank god for some sanity....

so you can take your mind off what I am trying to explain to imbeciles. I think you are proposing a 0% proposition because Trubisky isn't good enough at this point in his career to win an MVP...

but if you believed so...if you thought it was a big year...

Why not take 120:100 odds that he throws 27 TD's...because he isn't winning MVP with 25TD's is he?

So you recoup all kinds of value by just playing the Over26 card on a 50:50 bet basically...
but you want the payday when he throws 40TDs and 6 interceptions.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They're probably guessing another 6 TD exhibition is unlikely. Without the Tampa anomaly, Trubisky threw for 18 tds in 13 games. I get why they're setting the line at 26.
It's actually 26.5 and would put him with the same total a Watson and Mayfield had last year.

Watson didn't have more than 2 TDs in any game last year except against a bad Miami team. I don't see you throwing away those 5 Miami TDs since it was 3 higher than any other game, just like Mitch's TB game. It's easy to say TB sucked but Mitch put an unmatched hurt on them for that season, a team that beat NO and Philly before coming to Chicago.

If you throw out a top game, you also need to throw out a bottom game and with that, Mitch still doesn't make 26 over 16 games but then either does Watson. You can be correct but also in a meaningless sort of way.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It's actually 26.5 and would put him with the same total a Watson and Mayfield had last year.

Frightening. Mayfield spent the first few games on the bench behind Tyrod Taylor last year and still accomplished more than Trubisky. I'm guessing if Trubisky wins the 2019 NFL MVP, it will be like when Steve McNair shared the award with Manning...where we glorify Trubisky's leadership and overlook the fact that he only has 24 TD passes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mayfield looks real but it's early. I didn't expect to know what Mitch was until this year. Make or break time.

In the 2017 draft, Mayfield likely goes #1 to Cleveland so I have no issue if he turns out great. Only care if Mitch becomes a franchise QB that helps us win in the postseason. It really doesn't bother me if Watson or Mahomes turn out statistically better than Mitch as long as he becomes worthy of the selection.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Watson didn't have more than 2 TDs in any game last year except against a bad Miami team. I don't see you throwing away those 5 Miami TDs since it was 3 higher than any other game, just like Mitch's TB game. It's easy to say TB sucked but Mitch put an unmatched hurt on them for that season, a team that beat NO and Philly before coming to Chicago.

If you throw out a top game, you also need to throw out a bottom game and with that, Mitch still doesn't make 26 over 16 games but then either does Watson. You can be correct but also in a meaningless sort of way.

I'm not really sure what your point is here. I'm saying I understand why the line isn't higher than it is. That's all. I never mentioned Watson.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Frightening. Mayfield spent the first few games on the bench behind Tyrod Taylor last year and still accomplished more than Trubisky. I'm guessing if Trubisky wins the 2019 NFL MVP, it will be like when Steve McNair shared the award with Manning...where we glorify Trubisky's leadership and overlook the fact that he only has 24 TD passes.
He played 1 less game than Mitch.....How does going 6-7 to Mitch’s 11-3 mean Baker accomplished more than Mitch. I remember watching Baker throw an interception to lose a game they had to win to make the playoffs !!!! I am not glorify anybody but I think making the playoffs and having a winning record sure does mean you’ve accomplished more than a losing record and missing the playoffs

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
He played 1 less game than Mitch.....How does going 6-7 to Mitch’s 11-3 mean Baker accomplished more than Mitch. I remember watching Baker throw an interception to lose a game they had to win to make the playoffs !!!! I am not glorify anybody but I think making the playoffs and having a winning record sure does mean you’ve accomplished more than a losing record and missing the playoffs

I guess Trubisky is on the Donovan McNabb HOF career path...rack up enough home playoff losses, and you'll get in.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I guess Trubisky is on the Donovan McNabb HOF career path...rack up enough home playoff losses, and you'll get in.
I guess mayfield is on the don’t make the playoffs enough career path then.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

:obama:

Uh, probably because Trubisky was on a far better team than Mayfield?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I keep hearing shit about it’s the stupid Chicago money bettors.

As if no one else in the country has money or bets.

Somehow only Chicagoans have enough money to bet and change odds.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, Excuse are like assholes...........
Really it shouldn't be that hard to tell which QB has more of an impact on a team. The Bears were all about defense and turnovers. The Browns were all about sucking and being one of the very worst teams in the NFL before looking much better with Mayfield. I don't even like the cocky bastard but you can't deny he's had more of an impact.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Uh, Excuse are like assholes...........

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. If you think the quality of a QB should be judged solely on his team's record without any regard for the rest of the team, you're beyond reasoning with. Every single poster on this forum understands that other than you.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mahomes is going to lose two of his top weapons next season, and I bet his numbers only dip a little bit. True sign of an elite talent is making average receivers look like pro-bowlers. This is something I don't think Trubisky can do. This something that Brady, Rodgers, Manning can do.

Ppl discrediting Mahomes last year said it was because of Hill, Hunt, & Kelce. Only Kelce is left, so we will see.

More like its the true sign of an elite offense...FFS Andy Reid actually made Donavan Mcnabb think he is worthy of the HoF.

*mic drop*

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch is not going to win an MVP because he hasn't been good enough.

2. The perception of him is not good enough to change enough in 1 year. In some ways that can be a career award you have to build up to.

There is no goddamn way in hell Trubisky will win an MVP in a city with a defense, and an offense where he throws for 10 yards and they run for 75 after the catch. Get out of here...

just think about what you are saying. Its not 1 in 200. Its not 1 in 200,000,000...because hell has to freeze over and 25 QB's would have to die.

Its not happening. You wasted your money.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd give Mitchel Trubisky 1:2000 odds to be TOP 5 in MVP voting.

Real talk.