Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not really sure what your point is here. I'm saying I understand why the line isn't higher than it is. That's all. I never mentioned Watson.
It was a rationalization, one you would never use for your guy. They aren't just going to throw away a game. They set the line to where they think they get the best betting balance.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was a rationalization, one you would never use for your guy. They aren't just going to throw away a game. They set the line to where they think they get the best betting balance.

What do you mean "your guy"? I'm a Bears fan. I have the same guy as everyone else on here.

Second, I'm not saying they should "throw a game away". This isn't about judging performance, it's about setting odds. Vegas aren't in the playing favorites game, they're in the making money game. Their analysts do look at anomalies when it comes to setting odds. Trubisky was basically a touchdown and a half per game guy for the most part last year.

Again, I'm simply saying I get why they're saying 26.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What do you mean "your guy"? I'm a Bears fan. I have the same guy as everyone else on here.

Second, I'm not saying they should "throw a game away". This isn't about judging performance, it's about setting odds. Vegas aren't in the playing favorites game, they're in the making money game. Their analysts do look at anomalies when it comes to setting odds. Trubisky was basically a touchdown and a half per game guy for the most part last year.

Again, I'm simply saying I get why they're saying 26.
Most starting QBs have games during a season where they light it up more than normal like that. No reason to not factor it in and again, they are determining a betting line and not prognosticating.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If this thread is an indication of anything, it's that Illinois is going to make fucking bank on sports gambling.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's not an excuse, it's a fact. If you think the quality of a QB should be judged solely on his team's record without any regard for the rest of the team, you're beyond reasoning with. Every single poster on this forum understands that other than you.
If Deshaun Watson set an orphanage on fire on Christmas Day and Mitch Trubisky put out the fire and saved the orphanage you would put the blame on Mitch. And no every single poster besides me doesn’t agree with you

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Deshaun Watson set an orphanage on fire on Christmas Day and Mitch Trubisky put out the fire and saved the orphanage you would put the blame on Mitch. And no every single poster besides me doesn’t agree with you

Great football point from you as usual. No rebuttal so straight to the nonsense.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Really it shouldn't be that hard to tell which QB has more of an impact on a team. The Bears were all about defense and turnovers. The Browns were all about sucking and being one of the very worst teams in the NFL before looking much better with Mayfield. I don't even like the cocky bastard but you can't deny he's had more of an impact.
Ummmm, oh yeah I forgot that the Bears were lighting the NFL on fire before last year. But last year the Bears looked worse with Mitch.....I can’t believe I did not see this.

Oh yeah, they were 1-1-1 with Taylor so he came in and lead them to a losing record. My goodness did I forget how great they played.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Great football point from you as usual. No rebuttal so straight to the nonsense.
Wow, you really don’t get it! It’s a metaphorical statement dumbass. Nothing Deshaun does is his fault. You are worse than any Bears fan who you say make excuses for our quarterbacks. The rebuttal was plain as day.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's actually 26.5 and would put him with the same total a Watson and Mayfield had last year.

Watson didn't have more than 2 TDs in any game last year except against a bad Miami team. I don't see you throwing away those 5 Miami TDs since it was 3 higher than any other game, just like Mitch's TB game. It's easy to say TB sucked but Mitch put an unmatched hurt on them for that season, a team that beat NO and Philly before coming to Chicago.

If you throw out a top game, you also need to throw out a bottom game and with that, Mitch still doesn't make 26 over 16 games but then either does Watson. You can be correct but also in a meaningless sort of way.
Might as well throw out Watson’s interceptions because none of them were his fault.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Indeedl