Biggest complaints about NFL broadcasts?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I had a conversation today about things that bug the hell out of you when watching an NFL game (full broadcast, not on dvr where you can fast forward).
Just wondering what everyone elses pet peeves were.

Some of the ones we came up with were-
Too many commercial breaks of course.
The introductions with the players saying their names and colleges at the start of the first couple series
The fantasy numbers on the crawl, making it so you cannot see another games score for up to 5 or 10 minutes depending on when they break for commercials.

So- If you guys were in charge of NFL broadcasts... what would you eliminate?

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
The player intros have always annoyed me, especially when they take so long that it bleeds into the next play. Then instead of watching what's actually going on, I'm listening to the pads crash while watching Joe Smith declare that he is from THE Ohio State University.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Honestly, most times my gripe is with the commentating team. They rotate them often, so we have to hear the same national story lines week in and week out because they don't follow the team close enough to know much more.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jon Gruden being an awful meatball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Collinsworth does make me want to stab myself in the ears with an ice pick sometimes.

Not a big fan of Collinsworth but Gruden for me is the worst color guy in the business.

I'd prefer Romo over either of them. I'm hopeful Cutler gets his gig back too. I always enjoyed his radio show just not his QB play.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Not a big fan of Collinsworth but Gruden for me is the worst color guy in the business.

I'd prefer Romo over either of them. I'm hopeful Cutler gets his gig back too. I always enjoyed his radio show just not his QB play.

Gruden has moments where I hate him and moments where I really enjoy him. I like that he really gets the nuances of football, much like a Tony Romo or Troy Aikman. He is a meatball though without a doubt.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fantasy stats crawl is annoying. Anybody who cares that much is on their phone constantly checking anyway,

Jon Gruden likes every QB who goes through his "QB Camp" so we have to hear how he liked every QB.

I like that they seem to have cut back on the commercial after kick offs because it's usually a touchback these days and that was annoying.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Commentators are idiots, for the most part. Every player is great. Takes them forever to see what we see at home. They clearly don’t know anything about the team a lot of the time, say linebackers are a strength when they’re actually a weakness, etc.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Total surprise that the same guy who thinks black athletes shouldn't exercise their freedom to protest injustice also thinks "homo"' is witty.

The players certainly have a right to protest whatever injustice bothers them, they should do it on their own time. They're using the owners venue to do so. I tune in to watch football keep ALL of the protest garbage out of the game. People look to sports as a get away from politics, work, the every day grind, player's protests don't belong.

Tony Romo brings good incite but he does talk too much.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Commentators are idiots, for the most part. Every player is great. Takes them forever to see what we see at home. They clearly don’t know anything about the team a lot of the time, say linebackers are a strength when they’re actually a weakness, etc.

I was gonna say this.

I mean seriously, they talk up every fuckin dude out there. I just wanna hear them be like, "I don't know why this guy is still in the league. He hasn't really contributed anything of worth in his career." Instead they're like, "I know he's struggled, but I saw him in practice and he is just huge. So much hidden potential in this guy, he just needs the right opportunity." No He doesn't. He sucks, and you suck if he think he doesn't.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
I agree with the fantasy numbers crawl. Just show the score and maybe info about the last score. Anyone into fantasy is already tracking on their cell phone anyway.