Biggs: Changes at ILB

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
There are currently 11 ILB's with contracts that average 10mil+ a season. So I guess there must be a lot of Urlacher/Lewis type LB's around these days....
You do understand we run a 3-4 MLB isn't the same as a ILB nice try trolling. McKinney and c j Mosley are overpaid ilbs. C j moskis being paid 17mill the other 10 mill the rest play outside or MLB

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If losing Danny T & Kwit happens, it'll help with comp picks.

I think Bears fans are going to lose their minds as Danny, Kwit, and Ha Ha all walk and no free agents get signed until after the period that effects comp picks end. Also, we don't know how they feel about Iggy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You do understand we run a 3-4 MLB isn't the same as a ILB nice try trolling. McKinney and c j Mosley are overpaid ilbs. C j moskis being paid 17mill the other 10 mill the rest play outside or MLB

as stated before he's going to paid probably at least what Trevathan got paid and that was 4 years ago.....adjust for salary cap growth and you are looking at 7m plus....Bears won't match that.

They could probably sign Trevathan and JPL for slightly more than what Kwiat will get.....I'd rather do that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL. Trolling? OK dork.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They still have Woods and Iggy. Sign KPL. Draft a LB late and sign another cheap vet. Could see them do that and let both Danny and Kwit walk. Not ideal but they're up against the cap.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Pace doesn’t go into the draft without having a body at all starting positions so he isn’t going to ignore ilb and s in fa. It’s just the level of talent won’t be what everyone is expecting or hoping for

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have about 15m in cap space, can probably free up another 5+ with restructures.

There is room to sign another ILB, G and SS without even cutting anyone. They may just be competition level on defense. I think they need a legit guard through the draft or FA. That should probably the main focus.

I think Bush can compete at SS with someone brought in.

ILB is a different story....It could go bad here if they don't have a solid performer. If they can bring back Trev and JPL within reason it is probably the right thing to do.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What is it the top 51 contracts account to the cap? So it won’t be as bad as people think with adding the depth part of the roster

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If they keep Floyd and they bring in a QB making more than Daniel, then they might have 1 bigger deal they can hand out.

By bigger I mean 3/21 type deal.

After that it will be deals in the 2-3 million range.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they keep Floyd and they bring in a QB making more than Daniel, then they might have 1 bigger deal they can hand out.

By bigger I mean 3/21 type deal.

After that it will be deals in the 2-3 million range.

Floyd will not count for 13m this year, one way or another.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Ilb don't get paid close to double digit unless they're Ray Lewis Brian urlacher type of talents.

Might want to update to today's cap which has been steadily rising. That once was true but not anymore.

EDIT: @modo beat me to this.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Several decent SS's will be available in late rounds. Gilman out of ND could be a decent pick.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is hoping.

You have more faith in Ryan Pace then I do.

I have faith in common sense... No way the Bears go into 2020 paying Floyd 13m unless they manufacture a bunch more cap space somewhere.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lets say that hypothetically the Bears lose these guys to the following contracts

S Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix 4 years 32-36 million [4th]
LB Nick Kwitakowsi 4 years 28-32 million [4th-5th]
LB Danny Trevathan 3 years 18 million [5th]
DT Nick Williams 3 years 12-15 million [6th]

As long as a few lower level guys got signed they could be looking at serious comp picks in 2021 when they are looking for a QB.

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
What is it the top 51 contracts account to the cap? So it won’t be as bad as people think with adding the depth part of the roster
When we say 20 million in cap space, is that including the new cash the NFL is placing on the Cap, they said on XM Radio NFL Radio that the cap will be at 200,000,000. Right?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
When we say 20 million in cap space, is that including the new cash the NFL is placing on the Cap, they said on XM Radio NFL Radio that the cap will be at 200,000,000. Right?

I believe so but might be a better question for the mock draft guys who track this stuff.