Bilal Nichols

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He flashed last season. Does he propel himself into starter/core player or is he just another guy? With all the pieces around him, I think he could really do well. He seems to be on the upward projectory. What you think?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He flashed last season. Does he propel himself into starter/core player or is he just another guy? With all the pieces around him, I think he could really do well. He seems to be on the upward projectory. What you think?
He has been working on strength so I hope he nails down the 3rd offensive (defensive) line spot and does even better this year.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He has been working on strength so I hope he nails down the 3rd offensive line spot and does even better this year.
Ok, so I messed up and said offensive line instead of defensive line.

What is worse, me accidentally saying the 3rd offensive line spot or you thinking I meant offensive line when there are 5 offensive (and 3 defensive line spots)?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to look at Nichols and understand why Bullard was cut.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think he is a up and coming player that has real promise. He is just scratching his potential right now.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can improve his run defense, we’re going to have a beastly DL. Crazy that this D still has so much upside in players like Bilal and Roquan.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm pretty sure the last time I saw the depth chart on the Bears' site it listed Bilal as the starting DE.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
This guy made some really big plays last year. He's explosive off the snap.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh for sure. The knock on him was inconsistency against the run game. Teams were targeting him in the run game. But remember, Akiem took this kid under his wing since he was drafted. I expect another step in Nichols' development.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Oh for sure. The knock on him was inconsistency against the run game. Teams were targeting him in the run game. But remember, Akiem took this kid under his wing since he was drafted. I expect another step in Nichols' development.

I was actually impressed with his run defense last year. He may have been asked to be a two gap guy or use techniques that didnt agree with his abilities. He diced into the backfield violently and seemed to overwhelm his offensive counterparts with a great show of hand speed and finesse. A very violent initial punch and the he just puts his weight forward and penetrates. My guess is he has figured out how to get lineman off balance using his initial punch and just keeps using that to surprise them.

This could be because the o linemen see him as just a backup and underestimate him or because he does some studying and picks on a weak tired player at the right time fresh in the rotation.

Either way he played his part exceptionally well and i expect him to be that perfect rotational piece into the future.

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
The rotation of RRH and Nichols will be Nasty this year. To let up for guards