Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I wonder if Sling or Hulu is going to do another super deep sub discount. Looking to flat out dump Netflix, despite being an original 500 member sub. If sling has some impossible to pass up deal, Netflix is gone. If Hulu has some awesome deal, then I'll dump Netflix and likely another subscription service.

The Hulu deal was awesome last year.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What does Sling offer that competes with Netflix?
I've had Netflix for a long time. The content is stale, or it's a lot of copy/paste same concepts with different faces. Stranger Things is the only thing that kept me on for the last year, and IMO, the whatever $95 for one year is not worth paying for one show, and the sad thing is, I have a 'discount' already applied, and I'm only locked in until the end of this year.

I also noticed with all the choices I have now, just loading a show-finder app, and RARELY do I find something I want to watch(subjective, I'm aware) on Netflix. We use Prime Video the most then bounce around few of the sponsored free services like Tubi/Roku channel/Crackle/Pluto/IMDB freedive/Vudu/XUMO, a dozen of other legit Kodi services, then it's Netflix as a true last resort.

It's like people keep Netflix out of habit IMO, because when I visit friends, they aren't even using it most of the time. You spend 3x more time trying to find content than watching it. And worst of all, on most devices, it has an non-disable-able preview-play 'feature' while you browse. Yeah, I don't really like it, I don't want to browse videos, find something, then not have a pause or whatever so I can prepare with whatever before diving in.

And lastly, the Android TV certification and support is simply garbage. So if I want to build my own custom hardware and device, run android TV on it, Netflix is a headache to use, and for no reason other than them trying to prevent people from ripping movies, which it hasn't come close to stopping anyways. But you know, anyone with a real computer can do the same things in the browser and rip the content.... you know, because computers are still enormously more powerful than set-top boxes, let alone any mobile device.

I really hope they try something like that again. Or someone tries to one-up Hulu's deal.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
GL with Sling. I couldn't deal with that shit. Constantly dropping and cutting in and out. Maybe it's gotten better since I used it.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
GL with Sling. I couldn't deal with that shit. Constantly dropping and cutting in and out. Maybe it's gotten better since I used it.

For the right price, I would *try* it. I know people say its a mixed bag, but I noticed it's mainly device issues with people who have bad experiences. Plus, I'm not getting it for local, my over the air / antenna TV setup is pulling in 90 local and next market channels, about 60 of which are perfect and 40 are fully clear in bad weather. I imagine 'local channels' on sling are the biggest headache, one of those infrastructure problems all of the big players have passed on.
I have a few Shields(2015/2017) and just got the 2019 Roku Ultra. All of which seem to be fine with Sling. So if that price is right... we'll see.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I had a free trial to Hulu I didn’t find much use for it. I have Netflix and prime and going to most likely get Disney + and Apple +. So will be looking for deals in those two

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had a free trial to Hulu I didn’t find much use for it. I have Netflix and prime and going to most likely get Disney + and Apple +. So will be looking for deals in those two

Sadly probably the 2 you won't find deals for. Disney+ is just launching and Apple usually bundles stuff with their phones

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Sadly probably the 2 you won't find deals for. Disney+ is just launching and Apple usually bundles stuff with their phones

I don’t have Verizon unlimited if you do you can get Disney + free for a year and with Apple if you buy a new phone you can get Apple + free for a year. I’m not buying a new phone or upgrading my phone plan so that’s that lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t have Verizon unlimited if you do you can get Disney + free for a year and with Apple if you buy a new phone you can get Apple + free for a year. I’m not buying a new phone or upgrading my phone plan so that’s that lol

Didn't know that about Verizon. I think I have unlimited

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Trying to buy a new bed set up. Need them deals!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Overstock has some killer deals for beds. IDK why people forget about them, they are beating amazon prices for so many things, it's crazy.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Overstock has some killer deals for beds. IDK why people forget about them, they are beating amazon prices for so many things, it's crazy.
I only remembered Overstocked still existed this year is because their CEO went batshit.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies

I've never actually bought anything there (because I forgot about them). Will check it out, thanks.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks