Blackhawks announce four signings

Granada

Liked Posts:
Lankinen re-signed? Kind of surprised there. Unless the Hawks are dead-set on having Subban as the backup to Crow next year? Because I thought that Subban would start in Rockford next year, and that the Hawks would grab a cheap veteran back-up/insurance option for Crow, considering Crow is brought back on a cheap 1-2 year deal.

Or, are they not re-signing Subban? He is RFA next season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lankinen re-signed? Kind of surprised there. Unless the Hawks are dead-set on having Subban as the backup to Crow next year? Because I thought that Subban would start in Rockford next year, and that the Hawks would grab a cheap veteran back-up/insurance option for Crow, considering Crow is brought back on a cheap 1-2 year deal.

As long as the plan is not that Subban is going to take over, I am sure they will work it out. Nalimov has just been itching to get here, he gets the PTO with Rockford and the league shuts down. You would have thought the brass would have demanded that Subban had played in one of the back to backs.

I am pretty sure Crow will want to play, but best thing for him is to drive a classic car off into the sunset.

Ian Mitchell has said he is done with college too, and it seemed like he would want to be here if the season does restart.

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

There is no way the Hawks can go with Crow and Subban, not with our defence this team will be scorched every night.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Can these guys play for the team during the 31 team playoff

Granada

Liked Posts:
There is no way the Hawks can go with Crow and Subban, not with our defence this team will be scorched every night.

I agree, although I wouldn't be surprised if they tried. If Stan tried with Anton Forsberg, he'll want to try with his new shiny toy in Subban -- especially if he doesn't want the Lehner trade to look like a complete bust.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Michel Teply just signed his entry deal 3 year contract.

In his first season playing in North America, the 18-year-old Teply flashed his offensive skills by finishing second in scoring for the Winnipeg Ice of the WHL. Teply had a team-high 29 goals - 12 on the power play - and added 34 assists for 63 points. Teply also led the Ice with eight game-winning goals.

The teenager was named the WHL's Rookie of the Month for a January effort during which Teply had seven goals and seven assists in nine games.

Winnipeg selected Teply with the fourth-overall pick in the 2019 CHL Import Draft.

Thats 12 power play goals, I guess he might have a year left when he makes it here now.