Blackhawks Sign Carpenter 3 for 3

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Also,
The Hawks also announced that center David Kampf, who became an unrestricted free agent after not receiving a qualifying offer, agreed to a two-year, $2 million deal.

Meanwhile, the Stars signed Corey Perry to a one-year deal and added Joe Pavelski to a three-year deal worth $21 million. The Wild signed Mats Zuccarello and former Hawks forward Ryan Hartman while the Predators agreed to a seven-year, $56 million deal with forward Matt Duchene.

One of this year’s marquee free agents, former Hawk Artemi Panarin, agreed to a seven-year, $81.5 million deal with the Rangers.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who da fuq is Ryan Carpenter?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks have some nice cost controlled center depth there now for 2 years while Dach rises.

AA will fade away as Strome is signed, and Dach comes in with the upward pressure soon enough.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who da fuq is Ryan Carpenter?

Its like we were able to sign the Las Vegas Knights Kampf.
A depth center who costs a basic salary and does some of our dirty work, caught in the log jam of depth that Las vegas has due to ability to stack future in expansion draft.

5th center place holder until Dach arrives.

Potential that AA is traded or moved to wing with this move?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carpenter defensive center who wins faceoffs at 53%.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Kampf/ Carpenter tandem is gonna be hell to play against.

Great signing. Lines are pretty much set up now

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kampf/ Carpenter tandem is gonna be hell to play against.

Great signing. Lines are pretty much set up now

The additions of Carpenter and Shaw certainly give them 4 line versatility and we can stop asking questions like who plays with who.

its the way blackhawks prefer...

LOTS! of interchangeable parts and a fun filled season of the Slot Machine line spin!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The additions of Carpenter and Shaw certainly give them 4 line versatility and we can stop asking questions like who plays with who.

its the way blackhawks prefer...

LOTS! of interchangeable parts and a fun filled season of the Slot Machine line spin!
Kinda true... that's how Q loved it. I'm not so sure JC has the chops for line slots.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
only cost 1.5 for Dallas to get Corey Perry.

Just sayin
well...could be 1.5 and a line pairing promise we couldn't give. Cat-Strome-Perry is likely what we have to offer. My guess is he chose something better they have in mind in Dallas.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a defensive guy, a penalty killer, who wins 53% of faceoffs. I can't believe Stan got his wish at 3 for 3. Wow.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perry can't stay healthy.

Yes...

I am rooting for Dach/Entwhistle/Kucherev to make the team over Martinson/Highmore/Sikura...

it would change the look of the team and those guys could be around for a long time. I'm not sure any of them are ready but they seemed fine with flushing Hayden.

Dach is already a better skater than Hayden...and Entwhistle can move enough to hit... my dream for the Hawks right now is that Kucherev and Teply hit ceilings that are actually really high...if we could hit gold on those two players...and Barratt comes around eventually...and Dach is better than we think sooner than we think...

then we might have a little fun here with 88/19 before its over.

Kucherev looks like a good healthy young lad and has shown some skill...and Teply could have been a second round pick with an upside considered higher than that. We were fortunate.

I don't know what Entwhistle is yet...but DAch/Kucherev/Barratt/Kubalik look like guys that can help the squad.

Their chech and swedish scouts have really always been a feast for this team in middle rounds. If they could just get some of these recent high picks to pan out it could be a holy shit situation where they have a ton of talent to play and to trade at the same time as finishing off a few hall of fame careers that will have enough game left to support a strong situation.

We just need a couple of the "bigs" and the "D" to work out. If a couple big guys could emerge and get to the big club and be good physical players...and the D guys can at least be trade bait quality...

thats all they need to stay franchise infused for several more years with 88 leading the charge.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I liked Martinson if there was a three headed monster 4th line just pounding on the other team. He and Hayden were starting to work well before Martinson got sent to Rockford. At least Martinson stayed on his skates when he delivered a hit, Hayden was skating top speed almost looked like he was going too fast for his own good and out of control.

They just seem to still be in the "you dont hit our finesse guys, we wont hit yours".

This is why Shaw will be on a line with 19 or 88 so someone is on the ice to take exception to the studs getting roughed up and no perfect lines end up happening. Caggula has that same mean streak mutt in him, so same might happen with him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked Martinson if there was a three headed monster 4th line just pounding on the other team. He and Hayden were starting to work well before Martinson got sent to Rockford. At least Martinson stayed on his skates when he delivered a hit, Hayden was skating top speed almost looked like he was going too fast for his own good and out of control.

They just seem to still be in the "you dont hit our finesse guys, we wont hit yours".

This is why Shaw will be on a line with 19 or 88 so someone is on the ice to take exception to the studs getting roughed up and no perfect lines end up happening. Caggula has that same mean streak mutt in him, so same might happen with him.

Yeah...

i think they have a top 9 once Perlini signs, without Kucherev, Dach, or Kubalik being ready yet.
Then they have the option to just role Martini-Carpenter-Kampf and should be confident that line can do what needs done.

That is the worst case scenario...and from here I think its a matter of if anything younger with a higher ceiling is ready to rear back its head yet and scream so loud the team can't hold them back. If Kucherov or Kubalik could match their Worlds performance and translate to score say .75 per game....how can you deny them?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yeah...

i think they have a top 9 once Perlini signs, without Kucherev, Dach, or Kubalik being ready yet.
Then they have the option to just role Martini-Carpenter-Kampf and should be confident that line can do what needs done.

That is the worst case scenario...and from here I think its a matter of if anything younger with a higher ceiling is ready to rear back its head yet and scream so loud the team can't hold them back. If Kucherov or Kubalik could match their Worlds performance and translate to score say .75 per game....how can you deny them?

they can only be denied because the blackhawk roster is always full of the betterans.

Krueger is gone again, right? It makes sense to fill the roster the best you can, expecting nobody to be ready, but if someone shows they are ready, it would be nice to see some of these names moved out.