Blackhawks vs. Canada IGT 1/14-1/19

Granada

Liked Posts:
Strome goes to IR......Hagel on his way from Rockford.

This is a good thing....find out what you have at Rockford is NHL worthy.

Damn, it sounded like he would return soon, but yeah -- I like how they're calling up a new-face. Last I heard (Pat Boyle, I think) Saad is skating now.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
I've heard Gallant express how much he really enjoys Chicago. WINK WINK

On the other hand it's crazy. I like Trotz as a Coach but man it took awhile for Nashville to reach the Playoffs. Six years...and then it took seven more for the Predators to reach Rd-2 (not win Rd-2 just get there.)

Gallant just doesn't seem appreciated by the right people apparently. 25-19-6 and that's with four straight REG losses and being out-scored 16-7 (shocking considering the quality of their defense and back-up to Fleury right?)

His time w/ a dumpster-fire Columbus team notwithstanding the guy's done pretty good w/ teams that weren't expected to do especially well. Two excellent years in Florida couldn't save his job after a so-so (not bad just inconsistent) start and now Vegas has dropped him for no readily apparent reason. I don't suppose he was the one dealing their future away for vets and of the ones acquired Stone likely will be productive there the longest (Tatar never found a groove.)

His only issue seems to be Vegas' inverted pyramid of progression; if this year was their 1st everyone would be wowed but instead they started (almost) at a zenith point and have "slipped" since, which everybody expected. So what's the big deal, considering their most glaring weak points (in net, on the back end as far as production) haven't been addressed?

I feel Colliton's job is safe until years' end barring a total collapse. I'll bet Nashville, New Jersey, etc. are all pooching their bottom lips out at not waiting awhile longer for pink-slipping their H.C.'s. Vegas sure has a lot of people scratching their heads at that move; it's not as if they had their own Sheldon Keefe waiting to take Gallant's place.

Speaking of, looking fwd to 01/18 and giving SteveDangle pearls for his whine. "WHAT THE @#$! COME ON..." etc.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn, it sounded like he would return soon, but yeah -- I like how they're calling up a new-face. Last I heard (Pat Boyle, I think) Saad is skating now.

I was thinking the same but I heard on one of the new's sports wrap up shows that both Strome and Saad were skating and Strome had to shut it down after about 5 minutes while Saad finished the session. That didn't sound good and that was a couple of days ago.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I've heard Gallant express how much he really enjoys Chicago. WINK WINK

On the other hand it's crazy. I like Trotz as a Coach but man it took awhile for Nashville to reach the Playoffs. Six years...and then it took seven more for the Predators to reach Rd-2 (not win Rd-2 just get there.)

Gallant just doesn't seem appreciated by the right people apparently. 25-19-6 and that's with four straight REG losses and being out-scored 16-7 (shocking considering the quality of their defense and back-up to Fleury right?)

His time w/ a dumpster-fire Columbus team notwithstanding the guy's done pretty good w/ teams that weren't expected to do especially well. Two excellent years in Florida couldn't save his job after a so-so (not bad just inconsistent) start and now Vegas has dropped him for no readily apparent reason. I don't suppose he was the one dealing their future away for vets and of the ones acquired Stone likely will be productive there the longest (Tatar never found a groove.)

His only issue seems to be Vegas' inverted pyramid of progression; if this year was their 1st everyone would be wowed but instead they started (almost) at a zenith point and have "slipped" since, which everybody expected. So what's the big deal, considering their most glaring weak points (in net, on the back end as far as production) haven't been addressed?

I feel Colliton's job is safe until years' end barring a total collapse. I'll bet Nashville, New Jersey, etc. are all pooching their bottom lips out at not waiting awhile longer for pink-slipping their H.C.'s. Vegas sure has a lot of people scratching their heads at that move; it's not as if they had their own Sheldon Keefe waiting to take Gallant's place.

Speaking of, looking fwd to 01/18 and giving SteveDangle pearls for his whine. "WHAT THE @#$! COME ON..." etc.

Yeah I think Colliton is safe for this year too. If Colliton was fired so early after being hired, Bowman would essentially be admitting that it was mistake (by him) to hire Colliton in the first place. If he does it in the off-season, there's less publicity -- but even then, I don't think he will fire him, even if the Hawks tank this year.

This team is quite frustrating in that, you never know which team you are going to get night-in and night-out. I think Colliton has an excuse with all the rookies and particularly, all the injuries he's had to deal with this year; and in the end, those same excuses will conveniently apply to Bowman as well, unfortunately. I almost feel like the org will view this year as a "win" if the Hawks barely miss making the playoffs, which seems the most likely scenario, again, unfortunately.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Just gotta wonder if these are guys that are eventually getting called in for some pouty player interview about what may have been said or done to the once hockey players. Gallant looks like a guy that might have hung a player up by his jock strap during an intermission while DeBoer more closely resembles a guy that players would bully and shoot pucks at if he got on the ice, like a tractor at a golf driving range.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gallant is obvious if they want to make a move.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hell of a start tonight.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
A good start offensively. Toronto has had their opportunities; whiffed on a few or had passes in hot zones tangled up at up their feet.

A 3-goal lead can evaporate quick against this Maple Leaf team. Only once, maybe twice, has Toronto stayed in the attack zone a scary-long time. That needs to keep happening.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Man, it’s great to see Chicago answer those stupid Leaf goals so quickly. ?

They may need four more before this night’s over, you never know. Keep ‘em coming.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hope Kane can get the milestone here in the third.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Chicago continues there dominance over the leafs, one loss in the last 20 versus Toronto.
Hawks making things very interesting, the pacific division is jammed making it difficult for the Hawks to slide into that WC card spot need to keep winning, hopefully they can salvage some points versus a rested Jets team. It will be a late night with the snow storms happening in Toronto.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah I think Colliton is safe for this year too. If Colliton was fired so early after being hired, Bowman would essentially be admitting that it was mistake (by him) to hire Colliton in the first place. If he does it in the off-season, there's less publicity -- but even then, I don't think he will fire him, even if the Hawks tank this year.

This team is quite frustrating in that, you never know which team you are going to get night-in and night-out. I think Colliton has an excuse with all the rookies and particularly, all the injuries he's had to deal with this year; and in the end, those same excuses will conveniently apply to Bowman as well, unfortunately. I almost feel like the org will view this year as a "win" if the Hawks barely miss making the playoffs, which seems the most likely scenario, again, unfortunately.
The team is playing with confidence right now, the goalie tandem is standing tall, even the defence have played well. The Hawks are rolling 4 lines and getting it done. Hopefully Strome can make it back to bring Dcat back to life and it would be nice to see Shaw as well(if that ever happens).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeez Kubalik is on fire.

He doesn't need Kane and might even benifit from the 200 foot breakaways and being on Toews havoc sequences. It gives Jewels a nice landing spot as well.

Cat-Strome might just have to wait a minute...and if Saad is the trade possible guy...putting him with Kane for a bit is the right move as well.

After the break...

Kuba-Taser-Jewels
Saad-Disco-Kane
Cat-Dach-Kampf
Highmore/Nylander-Carp-Smith

You do still worry about that third line, but Kampf gives it some speed and Cat gives it some teeth. I don't know a better way to hide Dach since we fucked up by carrying him this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kurashev, Mitchell, Barrett, Beudin, Teply

are all exciting prospects we could see in next 12 months....

Lets not bury Stan just yet. Teply is young but the first 4 are on the doorstep and could fill in the last couple gaps.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kubalik-Toews-Jewels
Saad-Strome-Kane
Cat-Kurashev-Kampf
Dach/Nylander-Carp-Smith

is actually how I would attempt to close the season after what we saw tonight. As the season gets long you get the most of Dach/Nylander by swapping them as the 12th/13th forward.

This set-up lends itself really well to line roullette...where you grab some looks at Cat-Strome-Kane...and Kubalik-Kurashev-Kampf would excite me if Kubalik wasn't a surefire top 6 now.