hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Kubalik is certainly a hidden gem, and is that top 6 forward the Hawks have been loathing for.
In terms of Saad, this will have to be a wait and see, there is no way Stan trades him until he sees the Hawks are dead and buried for the season, unless we can get a huge upgrade on defence for the stretch run.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kurashev, Mitchell, Barrett, Beudin, Teply

are all exciting prospects we could see in next 12 months....

Lets not bury Stan just yet. Teply is young but the first 4 are on the doorstep and could fill in the last couple gaps.

Lets.....please bury Stan. This team is surprising me.....I would love to be dead wrong about them, I really would.

But I'm not wrong on Bowman and neither is anyone else....this mope has pulled off almost as many bullshit moves as Gar/Pax. He has buried this team in salary cap hell. The Hawks' late charge may buy him some time but it won't change his future.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's go boys

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
As nice as Gus’ shot was it was Nylander’s decision to scoot behind the net vs. setting up shop beside it which led to him being able to set up that goal.

Slowly but surely Nylander and Koekkoek have shown mettle as to their 1st Rd draft choice status’ heretofore not very evident.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Wow, Kane finally drew a penalty on his third or fourth interference/holding tonight. ?

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Oh my gosh thank you Saad.

Kane has been so incredible for so long. What a deserving player to reach this milestone, and on a typical head’s up play.

Breathe easier, Patrick. It’s your night at the UC. ???

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeez....

88 with 1000.

1888 to go to catch Gretsky.
2000 total passes Jagr for second though.
Joe Thornton highest active, is a hair under 1500 after just passing Stan Mikita for 14th all time.

Top 15 is probably possible for Kane to finish in. Hope it all happens here.
Joe Thornton is probably the only guy I would ever argue might definitively be a better passer than him among current players, but Kane is clearly the better finisher.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crosby has a passing case with over 750 assists. Is the only active player clearly ahead of Kane in age/points other than like McDavid.

Thornton and Crosby have the advantage of playing center and use their big bodies to create passing lanes, both have eyes in the back of head. Nobody is quite like Kane, so dangerous facing up and staring you down. Freeze game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The other consideration is sad to think about but Crosby is always one concussion away from considering retirement, Ovi is actually catchable for Kane.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
This W streak is great, and I hope they continue, but it is probably saving Bowman and Collitons job.

Nice to see the offence clicking and the D doesn't look clueless anymore!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
5-straight!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Kubalik is certainly a hidden gem, and is that top 6 forward the Hawks have been loathing for.
In terms of Saad, this will have to be a wait and see, there is no way Stan trades him until he sees the Hawks are dead and buried for the season, unless we can get a huge upgrade on defence for the stretch run.

Yeah, I'm eating some serious crow about Kubalik this year. After being a healthy scratch early in the year, I really didn't think this kid would pan out, but he's been solid. If he continues to play well, he may be the missing piece we need in the top-six.

Kaner -- what can you say? This guy will go down as one of the greatest American-born players of all time. I know some of us like to talk about trading him, but we're really lucky to be able to watch this guy night-in and night-out. I wonder what Creature is saying right now, lol.

I actually think Saad has looked good dating back to last season now. Before his injury, he was playing well. I didn't want to trade him in the off-season this year and I'm glad we didn't, because he's the type of player who, when he's on his game, can dominate. I think he's finally starting to feel comfortable in the lineup since being reacquired.

This is a big "if," but if Maatta (who's looked decent the last few games now) can solidify himself as at least "dependable," that would be as huge for the backend as Kubalik has been for the forward core. I would expect Maatta to do so before Boqvist.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like a Maata OR Seabrook solution. They seem redundant on the same defense and a liability together that forces the team to play scared and on its heels.

I am guessing Seabs plans a strong comeback with the hip cleanouts and other things he got out of way early. Hoping he finds the peace and drive to train hard for months and surprise us in this crazy world of mass suffering and lacy distractions.

Granada

Liked Posts:
3 points out of the WC too.

Yup and just 4 points behind Dallas for the third spot and 6 points behind Colorado in the Central. After the way this team started, I honestly thought the only possible way they'd make it is the Wild Card, but now they even have shot at one of the three division seeds. Still have a long ways to go of course and I don't like counting chickens before they hatch -- Hawks pretty much can't afford to go on a losing streak at all from here on out -- but they are on absolute fire right now. It's just a shame that the All-Star break will interfere their hot streak-- I'm worried about that.