Blackhawks vs. Canada IGT 1/14-1/19

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a similar way, bringing Shaw back after you had found Jewels was another redundancy.

Its shit like this Stan does that doesn't make sense to me. One Jewel or one Shaw is a bonus.

A Jewel, a Shaw, Sikura...is a redundancy you can't afford when your core is Kane/Cat/Boqvist etc....

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup and just 4 points behind Dallas for the third spot and 6 points behind Colorado in the Central. After the way this team started, I honestly thought the only possible way they'd make it is the Wild Card, but now they even have shot at one of the three division seeds. Still have a long ways to go of course and I don't like counting chickens before they hatch -- Hawks pretty much can't afford to go on a losing streak at all from here on out -- but they are on absolute fire right now. It's just a shame that the All-Star break will interfere their hot streak-- I'm worried about that.

The Blues won 10 straight out of the AS break last year.....the Hawks surely aren't the Blues but the Blues weren't the Blues either until Binnington got hot. Great goaltending will cover a lot of warts.

What we should be worrying about is what Bowman will do at the deadline......please, PLEASE, Stan no more of you're dumbass patchwork.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yup and just 4 points behind Dallas for the third spot and 6 points behind Colorado in the Central. After the way this team started, I honestly thought the only possible way they'd make it is the Wild Card, but now they even have shot at one of the three division seeds. Still have a long ways to go of course and I don't like counting chickens before they hatch -- Hawks pretty much can't afford to go on a losing streak at all from here on out -- but they are on absolute fire right now. It's just a shame that the All-Star break will interfere their hot streak-- I'm worried about that.
The Hawks have 3 home games next month, as good as they have been playing on the road this will make or break there season, if they can stay in the hunt there March schedule is a lot more manageable with majority of there games in Chicago.
The one alarming feeling I have Granada is Stan keeps all his parts and goes for a run and we fall short, yes I know that’s sports but with Lehner and CC the Hawks can get a pretty good haul for one of them, both goalies can easily be traded for a first rounder in a deep draft this summer. Can the Hawks make a run with CC or trade him and risk losing Lehner in the summer for nothing.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
In a similar way, bringing Shaw back after you had found Jewels was another redundancy.

Its shit like this Stan does that doesn't make sense to me. One Jewel or one Shaw is a bonus.

A Jewel, a Shaw, Sikura...is a redundancy you can't afford when your core is Kane/Cat/Boqvist etc....

It has been like this for a while. We had Kampf, Nordstrom, Danault and a half dozen others and got Krueger back too.

But as soon as Cat got his extension, he turned into a third line guy. The whole system is screwed. They were supposed to demote cat before they agreed on the deal.

At least Carp and Smith have seemed to find their edges here. Maata has stopped passing pucks to opposing shooters, Gilbert started kicking ass, Keiths stick is back on track, Murph has good days and bad days. Swept Canada, gotta think JC is safe for the year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks have 3 home games next month, as good as they have been playing on the road this will make or break there season, if they can stay in the hunt there March schedule is a lot more manageable with majority of there games in Chicago.
The one alarming feeling I have Granada is Stan keeps all his parts and goes for a run and we fall short, yes I know that’s sports but with Lehner and CC the Hawks can get a pretty good haul for one of them, both goalies can easily be traded for a first rounder in a deep draft this summer. Can the Hawks make a run with CC or trade him and risk losing Lehner in the summer for nothing.

They have a ton of LTIR money and they should use it to sign Lehner long term before the trade deadline.

My feeling is if he doesn't sign on then trade him, just like any good NBA franchise would do with an expiring deal for a max player. Its what you have to do. You can't lose an 8,000,000 asset for nothing, thats how you shit on yourself.

Crow is more complicated, and depends on his desires and the standings, which may or may not influence his desires.

Have we not seen enough to say Lehner deserves money? We of all people know this defense sucks ass and is performing with glue and goaltending.

To outperform Crow is no small feat and proves he is a starting goalie. Pay the man or trade for an asset that will stay with the team.

Granada

Liked Posts:

In my view, they have to trade Crawford. Lehner is the guy -- he's proven it all year. Now of course, you never know when catastrophe may hit -- look at Pittsburgh a couple years ago, when they had both Matt Murray and Marc-Andre Fleury. Everyone was ripping on them for not trading one at the deadline that year, but Murray gets hurt, and Fleury basically won them the Cup that year. If Lehner does get hurt after the deadline or at the beginning of the playoffs (assuming the Hawks make it) and they don't have Crawford, they're fucked, no other way to put it. So the question is, do you risk it and trade Crow at the deadline? I still say yes, you risk it -- even if you might lose Lehner in the off-season. I love Crawford, but the guy is 35/36 and his injury history is a mile long -- I think he needs to be gone no matter what happens with Lehner, as you can't rely on him to be a full-time starter anymore.

Now, does that mean that I believe Crawford will get moved at the deadline? I would hope so, but I would not bet on that happening. I can see Stan riding it out with both goalies -- it's just something Stan would do. That and who knows if Crawford will be willing to waive his NMC at the deadline -- with the way both goalies have split time this year, if Lehner were to falter in the playoffs, Crawford may believe he would have a strong chance to steal the starting job away -- so why not stick around?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cory has been involved in winning a Cup, he got one huge contract, he's married now with a family and he still has that concussion thing hanging over his head. Plus he and his family love Chicago. I just can't see him waiving his NMC and uprooting his family at this point in his career. I think it's a very real possibility that he retires or takes an incentive laden contract to stay.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
In my view, they have to trade Crawford. Lehner is the guy -- he's proven it all year. Now of course, you never know when catastrophe may hit -- look at Pittsburgh a couple years ago, when they had both Matt Murray and Marc-Andre Fleury. Everyone was ripping on them for not trading one at the deadline that year, but Murray gets hurt, and Fleury basically won them the Cup that year. If Lehner does get hurt after the deadline or at the beginning of the playoffs (assuming the Hawks make it) and they don't have Crawford, they're fucked, no other way to put it. So the question is, do you risk it and trade Crow at the deadline? I still say yes, you risk it -- even if you might lose Lehner in the off-season. I love Crawford, but the guy is 35/36 and his injury history is a mile long -- I think he needs to be gone no matter what happens with Lehner, as you can't rely on him to be a full-time starter anymore.

Now, does that mean that I believe Crawford will get moved at the deadline? I would hope so, but I would not bet on that happening. I can see Stan riding it out with both goalies -- it's just something Stan would do. That and who knows if Crawford will be willing to waive his NMC at the deadline -- with the way both goalies have split time this year, if Lehner were to falter in the playoffs, Crawford may believe he would have a strong chance to steal the starting job away -- so why not stick around?
Then Hawks management needs to put a number down on paper what they feel Lehner is worth and try and sign him, but something tells me Lehner wants teams to fight over him raising his worth so he can grab a 9-10 million dollar contract. If Lehner wants to negotiate only in the summer it pretty much Indicates his intentions, at that point trade him him for draft picks and or some younger players who can help shape this team moving forwar.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Then Hawks management needs to put a number down on paper what they feel Lehner is worth and try and sign him, but something tells me Lehner wants teams to fight over him raising his worth so he can grab a 9-10 million dollar contract. If Lehner wants to negotiate only in the summer it pretty much Indicates his intentions, at that point trade him him for draft picks and or some younger players who can help shape this team moving forwar.

Exactly. I really can't see him signing for a discount, especially with what happened with the Islanders last year. He'll want max dollars.