Blackhawks vs Preds 11/16

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
cut.jpg

I'm hoping to see disappointed Preds fans leaving early tonight. Anyone know who's in net?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lehner in net

I'm taking my boys out tonight to get some ice time to work on skating and stick handling. Might be late for the GDT

Let's beat these Motherfuckers tonight

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lehner in net

I'm taking my boys out tonight to get some ice time to work on skating and stick handling. Might be late for the GDT

Let's beat these Motherfuckers tonight

Start working on the toe drag lol

Marty McFly

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Oregon State Beavers
What a feed to DeBrincat. Can’t believe he didn’t bury that break away... but Seabrook with the backhand from way downtown?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
3-0!

Marty McFly

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Oregon State Beavers
I love how Eddie asked Toews at the intermission... “so what changed to allow you guys to play better?”

Toews just says “the guys have settled in”.

Clearly captain speak. I don’t know if Eddie thought Toews would admit that Colliton changed the entire system.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love how Eddie asked Toews at the intermission... “so what changed to allow you guys to play better?”

Toews just says “the guys have settled in”.

Clearly captain speak. I don’t know if Eddie thought Toews would admit that Colliton changed the entire system.

Hockey looks normal again. Hawks are in the game, its a fair fight. Its an embarrassing situation but mostly for Stan. How was a 30 something supposed to replace a top 5, top 10 NHL coach of all time and tell Hall of Famers how to play the game to their physical detriment?

JC is learning, and showed the ability to adapt. Stan vs Q is like 5-2 Q right now.

Marty McFly

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Oregon State Beavers
Hockey looks normal again. Hawks are in the game, its a fair fight. Its an embarrassing situation but mostly for Stan. How was a 30 something supposed to replace a top 5, top 10 NHL coach of all time and tell Hall of Famers how to play the game to their physical detriment?

JC is learning, and showed the ability to adapt. Stan vs Q is like 5-2 Q right now.

The Madhouse podcast were talking about this as well.

They were asking if we should give Colliton credit for changing... or if he's only doing it because he was given a "change something or you're fired" speech.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Been a rough day. 12 hours of sleep in six-hour installments did absolutely nothing for me. Finally got up the strength to see ol' Dad in the hospital this evening (a regular occurrence last year; this year only two long stays) and felt like taking a nap the whole time.

Left around 8:30 and went on a food-supply run; sluggish drivers clogging up the roads on the first day I've seen this week where traffic wasn't terrible and stopped for nearly every light on Courthouse Rd (which is basically a 7-mile run straight out of Dante's 10th Circle of Hades.)

Got home in time to see the 2nd Intermission starting. 4-0 lead wow. And Toronto lost big-time which means Steve Dangle's next recap video will be one for the ages. Thanks for the massive boost in mood Chicago. Hold. The. Line.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
And there it is right on cue. I can hear the Locker Room talk now:

"OK guys Wes just tuned in. Time to ease up on the clutch and make things interesting."

Aggravating to miss the good times just to arrive in time for the disappointment. Come on Chicago: Lehner may sue you for trauma if he keeps seeing so much rubber.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Thanks for strong response to Nashville's push-back attempt. How easy was this night eh Rinne?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What we're seeing the last two games is really what they need to do to win hockey games.

#1 Great goaltending as their lack of foot speed will make for a lot of chances for opponents.
#2 Pass the puck well....can't afford dumb turnovers or not getting shots on breakouts.
#3 Forecheck and battle hard on the boards.

The last two games, you can check all three boxes. I'd go as far to say their passing in the last two games has been the best of the season to date.

We've all been hard on Bowman, myself included, but getting Lehner and Nylander at this point looks like excellent moves.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope the boys have turned a corner.

Still giving up way to may shots/scoring chances to the opponent, but Lehner/Crow have been lights out.