CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
glued to my seat.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would like to see Kubalik and Kaner on the same line.
I thought hard about it but it fucks everything up. The thing is Kubalik is probably our most dangerous one on one player after Kane and El Gato, yeah it would be nice to set him up...but maybe I would settle for Cat-strome-Kane together, but put Kane and Kubalik on the first power play and Cat as the feature on the second unit. Could get more value out of Cat-Kane that way by splitting them on the powerplay, while setting up Kubalik a couple more times per game.

??

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice shot Kane!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
End to end! Nice!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The dagger, and two points.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I thought hard about it but it fucks everything up. The thing is Kubalik is probably our most dangerous one on one player after Kane and El Gato, yeah it would be nice to set him up...but maybe I would settle for Cat-strome-Kane together, but put Kane and Kubalik on the first power play and Cat as the feature on the second unit. Could get more value out of Cat-Kane that way by splitting them on the powerplay, while setting up Kubalik a couple more times per game.

??

I think eventually Kubalik lines up with Toews to act like Kane when Toews needs some jump starting help.

Dont know what happened with Strome other than JC swinging the dick to play Highmore for what, 8 minutes or if it was the only way to get Dach between Kane and Cat. Really thought Kaner was waiting too long on his goal, let the goalie get back up to be fair and then blew it past him. Maybe just watching Strome turn it up after scratch in this next double header with Colorado and then the tough schedule.

Definitely 60 minutes of hockey last night, Toews was a man possessed when he got that steal at the end, Dallas clearly made a push in the second and then lost the legs from the Vegas game on Monday in the third.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think eventually Kubalik lines up with Toews to act like Kane when Toews needs some jump starting help.

Dont know what happened with Strome other than JC swinging the dick to play Highmore for what, 8 minutes or if it was the only way to get Dach between Kane and Cat. Really thought Kaner was waiting too long on his goal, let the goalie get back up to be fair and then blew it past him. Maybe just watching Strome turn it up after scratch in this next double header with Colorado and then the tough schedule.

Definitely 60 minutes of hockey last night, Toews was a man possessed when he got that steal at the end, Dallas clearly made a push in the second and then lost the legs from the Vegas game on Monday in the third.
According to the announcers: Concussion protocol. This being the 1st game I've seen fully in a few (no thanks to work) I don't know if there's truth to this or not.

Can't complain about this one--we went into Thanksgiving on a high note.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Nice to see a full 60 min. effort. Fun game to watch!

I know the scoring was at a minimum, but that might have been the best they've looked all year, especially defensively. They were actually successfully blocking shots!

Toews continues to be a man possessed out there. He isn't showing up on the scoresheet a lot, but he's playing strong, particularly on the forecheck.

Shaw made good on his "one dumb penalty a game" guarantee.

I said prior to the game that I'd like to see Lehner start; so much for that, as Crow was stellar.

Nice seeing Saad get rewarded, as he's been pretty solid all year.

Granada

Liked Posts:
According to the announcers: Concussion protocol. This being the 1st game I've seen fully in a few (no thanks to work) I don't know if there's truth to this or not.

Can't complain about this one--we went into Thanksgiving on a high note.

This is true. Strome was a late minute scratch and he is currently in concussion protocol.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its nice to see us playing without thinking.

When the Hawks play like this it seems like the way hockey should be played...desperate at every level, fall back..scrap chasing and disrupt your opponent at the last moment possible and repeat. Retain the puck with skills if you can, make attacking passes that double as clearance if they fail.

It seems desperate and haphazard but its about staying alive with skill players as long as you can...and guess what? All we need is a few quality chances..Crow is the breakaway master when desperation fails and we are coming back at you again.

Two way 200 foot desperate hockey...wait for our bounce or make a wicked pass that opens up the sky.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I loved that we were blocking shots. Thought the 2nd we looked a little gassed, but great to get a win agianst a hot team like Dallas