Blocking shots

TCD

Liked Posts:
Shot blocking wins you cups. Just ask Sopel the human bruise and Hammer. Two guys that have made a career and have won cups by taking pucks off their faces..sometimes three times on one shift.

Ducks beat the Hawks in puck blocking in game 1 with 22 blocked shots to 9.

Shot blocking is my favorite part of hockey. Hawks need to get their shot blocking up this series. I do understand that teams typically block more shots when they have leads in games as thats a natural correlation. That doesnt mean you stop doing it. Guys like timo and now comi should do nothing but sacrifice their faces for the rest of this series. Craw needs that help also.

Had Stan been an intelligent GM he would have known the importance of shot blocking and instead of trading for Timo he should have taken Sopel out for lunch and begged him to come back to the Hawks Nd the NHL.

Score first and sacrifice your face. Hockey 101.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reported for bumping an old thread created by me when Torts was coaching the Rangers!!!!!!

Oh shit this is a new post that Pez can't complain about?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shot blocking wins you cups. Just ask Sopel the human bruise and Hammer. Two guys that have made a career and have won cups by taking pucks off their faces..sometimes three times on one shift.

Ducks beat the Hawks in puck blocking in game 1 with 22 blocked shots to 9.

Shot blocking is my favorite part of hockey. Hawks need to get their shot blocking up this series. I do understand that teams typically block more shots when they have leads in games as thats a natural correlation. That doesnt mean you dont stop doing it. Guys like timo and now comi should do nothing but sacrifice their faces for the rest of this series. Craw needs that help also.

Had Stan been an intelligent GM he would have known the importance of shot blocking and instead of trading for Timo he should have taken Sopel out for lunch and begged him to come back to the Hawks Nd the NHL.

Score first and sacrifice your face. Hockey 101.

I remember duncan kieth blocking a shot with his moutg 5 years ago, ended up with a stanley. To this day i call him puck-in-teeth. Hahahaha.

Reactions: TCD

TCD

Liked Posts:
I remember duncan kieth blocking a shot with his moutg 5 years ago, ended up with a stanley. To this day i call him puck-in-teeth. Hahahaha.

Yup that goes into the shot blocking hall of fame.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

We had a poster here with the name Duncan Keiths got not teeth... good ole days.

But the humorous irony of that play is the Sharks scored a short handed goal by Keith's block, which wasn't a shot block, he just kinda was involentarily hit in the mouth by an aggressive puck dump attempt.

But the general rule is it's best you turn your head when blocking a shot.