Blues at Hawks 12/2

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just more half ass lazy play; I'm not really sure what can be done. Not sure a coaching change will fix it, and it's not like we can move Toews and Seabrookzival who seem to be absolute anchors on the ice
Removing a letter might work.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This team just flat out looks slow. Embarrassing.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No coincidence that while Toews sat in the box; the PK looked competent

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
So Toews said " We need to win every game right now". Ok.....they have a weird way of going about it. Just when it looks like things have turned around...they lose 2 in a row to the Avs....with the last one a humiliating 7-3 score. Now.....it's the Blues hammering the Hawks 3-0.....and this will be another 3 game losing streak. Blues are a great team. I get that....and I get that Toews isn't gonna come out and say "yeah we suck. We may as well just give up"....but there's a big difference between that and proclaiming games as "must win's". And Corey Crawford? Wow. He's giving up way too easy goals. Can't win with that kind of goal tending. Well...you can't win if you don't score either obviously.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Disappointing game.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Now 4-0. I'm sorry..but an NHL goalie has to stop that shot. The give away by Maataa was horrible...but still...it was just a straight on shot.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
10-12-5 means you are really 10-17.....seeing as you actually lost that many. That's not good. Hawks have lost 6 of their last 7 now....Jamal Mayers always puts a bizarre positive spin and everything. This game it will be "The Hawks did alot of things they can take forward and grow on"...or some other nonsense. Changes need to be made...but they are stuck with these ridiculous contracts they can't get out of. Well...they CAN....but they'd be giving guys away. Maybe that's what they need to do...cuz this team is going nowhere.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Shocking result truly. Down a man but if they had five extra the outcome's little different. They were never in this and I doubt the Blues had to work especially hard after the 1st. Certainly looked that way when I tuned in.

They need a fortnight-long road trip. Also to remember where they left the red jerseys. Tired of the Depression-era duds they've been wearing. A team this disoriented needs to look interesting since they can't show interest out there.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
My personal opinion is that these sweaters are hideous. So disappointed to see them where these again.

They have a Blackhawks ugly sweater promotion coming up, buy your tickets at blackhawks.com/uglysweater, you might get one of these.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Shocking result truly. Down a man but if they had five extra the outcome's little different. They were never in this and I doubt the Blues had to work especially hard after the 1st. Certainly looked that way when I tuned in.

They need a fortnight-long road trip. Also to remember where they left the red jerseys. Tired of the Depression-era duds they've been wearing. A team this disoriented needs to look interesting since they can't show interest out there.

Hawks couldn't even field a full roster due to the cap. They got lots of young guys at once relied upon to produce.

NHL salary cap is 81 million
Toews and Kane combined make 21 million.
2 goalies are 13 million

Toews is a shell of what he once was. Remember in the offseason Chicago sports media made a stink of Toews not considered a top 20 center in the present day NHL. They were right

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford will now get his chance to show he gets even better with heavy use. Elite headstanding, show stopping, anchor all against every odds Crawford form might be our best chance at picking up some points in the midst of this coaching crisis.

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
Time to bring in a hard nosed coach who will not take any crap from the team and make them play with passion and intensity. Colliton has been horrible as of late and seems to have no control over the team. They play far too passive which is the recipe for disaster.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Now 4-0. I'm sorry..but an NHL goalie has to stop that shot. The give away by Maataa was horrible...but still...it was just a straight on shot.

Gotta disagree, that was entirely on Maatta.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
The strength of this team was supposed to be goal scoring with snipers Debrincat and Kane to lead the way. Guys like Cat was signed to a 6+ million cap hit to put pucks in the net and it's not happening for him. 5 goals for Cat is unacceptable. 4 goals for a 10.5 million cap hit Toews is unacceptable

In 27 games played thus far, the Blackhawks have scored 2 or fewer goals 13 times. They are sitting in the bottom 3 in the western conference with fewest goals scored.

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Surprised not surprised at the level of cunting on the board, I guess.

To quote Denny Green (despite the mixed tenses): "They are who we thought they were".

A small, slow roster with little depth, still in cap-hell, minimal trade assets, and sprinkle in poor coaching. Duh, they suck, and will continue to suck for at least 2 more years at best.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Surprised not surprised at the level of cunting on the board, I guess.

To quote Denny Green (despite the mixed tenses): "They are who we thought they were".

A small, slow roster with little depth, still in cap-hell, minimal trade assets, and sprinkle in poor coaching. Duh, they suck, and will continue to suck for at least 2 more years at best.

You forgot to add "with a shitty GM" to your last paragraph.