Bostic and Greene

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Met both of them at my work tonight, and let met just say, Bostic is fucking scary. Dude looks like the terminator IRL. Gotta say, don't get your hopes up on Greene, even though he's much bigger, it's mostly fat. Watch out for Bostic though.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Met both of them at my work tonight, and let met just say, Bostic is fucking scary. Dude looks like the terminator IRL. Gotta say, don't get your hopes up on Greene, even though he's much bigger, it's mostly fat. Watch out for Bostic though.

Yeah, right.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
He looks like a shorter Peppers, that's all I'm saying. Not proclaiming the next Urlacher, this was at the bar and not on the field.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bostic missed multiple games last season and the recent mini camp due to back issues. Its hard to rely on a player with back problems.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
So because Bostic is scary looking physically, he's all of a sudden a guy we have to "watch out for"? Don't get me wrong, I want Bostic to succeed very much. But the problem with him has never been his physique. He's very, very muscular and very athletic. So far he just haven't had a clue what to do with that on the field. Until he figures that out, it doesn't matter if he looks like The Terminator or not.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Greene barely played when there were injuries to LB's, he might be one of the odd men out this year. Living in NJ I got to see him play alot at Rutgers, I had somewhat high hopes for him......

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Oh boy by this logic we should all be looking out for Cornelius Washington.

It doesn't matter how athletically gifted you are some guys max out in high school, others in college and the rest in the NFL. Very rarely does it have anything to do with their athletic abilities.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
We might be losing a lot of LBs once the dust settles at TC.....(The house cleaning continues.)

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Bostic should definitely still have a spot on the 53 but Greene is gone.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Finally an explanation on why Emery drafted him.

The real explanation ive been waiting for is why he wasn't always playing ILB/MLB.

He looked decent down the stretch last yr if I remember correctly. I think he has a shot to play at ILB, but wouldn't be shocked either way. It's going to be a helluva competition in camp.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
As a Gator fan having watched Bostic's career, he was a very solid linebacker and had a nose for the ball, along with being an excellent tackler. When he did well at the combine, he showed he had the speed to play at the next level.

While he hasn't impressed so far, he was thrust into a bad position. Tucker's defense was a clusterf&$%, as was the clubhouse, no defensive leaders, etc. Bostic showed flashes where he took nice angles to the ballcarrier and wrapped up well. He did get caught up in traffic. He may play alot better behind Goldman as well. The 3-4 has alot of looks for different types of linebackers.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bostic missed multiple games last season and the recent mini camp due to back issues. Its hard to rely on a player with back problems.

Especially an untalented player with back issues. Did you ever watch him in coverage? It's like his assignments are running their routes in a strobe-light.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The real explanation ive been waiting for is why he wasn't always playing ILB/MLB.

He looked decent down the stretch last yr if I remember correctly. I think he has a shot to play at ILB, but wouldn't be shocked either way. It's going to be a helluva competition in camp.

You don't.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a Gator fan having watched Bostic's career, he was a very solid linebacker and had a nose for the ball, along with being an excellent tackler. When he did well at the combine, he showed he had the speed to play at the next level.

While he hasn't impressed so far, he was thrust into a bad position. Tucker's defense was a clusterf&$%, as was the clubhouse, no defensive leaders, etc. Bostic showed flashes where he took nice angles to the ballcarrier and wrapped up well. He did get caught up in traffic. He may play alot better behind Goldman as well. The 3-4 has alot of looks for different types of linebackers.

Didn't Green play under the same coordinator? Yet, he's just fat.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

gotta say, I #calledit

like right when he was drafted too. Is he even fatter now? Maybe he can be the next Briggs?

Nick80

I can see at least 10 sacks each for these guys and Greene becoming the new Special Teams ace too. If you aren't for these gys then you aren't a bears fan because negativity and saying things against the team at this stage of the season aren't allowed.