Breaking Down Nagy's Playcalling

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just stumbled on this dude's YouTube channel. Content, editing, etc are pretty damn good. Worth a watch:

There are like 5 more that I haven't watched yet.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
His Miller breakdown is good too:

Not sure which is worse...no breakdown of the playoff game against Philly, or the guy summing up Anthony Miller's season by saying "Anthony Miller is a workhorse".

Eagerly await his Leonard Floyd breakdown which ends with him commenting "Leonard Floyd is an elite NFL pass-rusher..."

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just stumbled on this dude's YouTube channel. Content, editing, etc are pretty damn good. Worth a watch:

There are like 5 more that I haven't watched yet.
Nice find !
Really like the presentation in this video.

Same with the Miller breakdown Rory

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not really sure how you break down an entire coach based on one game.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's extend this 'Presenter' an invitation to CCS

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not really sure how you break down an entire coach based on one game.

You can't.
But it is nice to see this perspective and can be utilized "Objectively" to evaluate the Nagster's overall playcalling.

........ Besides, one game defining drive must have taken this fella hours to shape into his final product

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tough critics around here, lol.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure which is worse...no breakdown of the playoff game against Philly, or the guy summing up Anthony Miller's season by saying "Anthony Miller is a workhorse".

Eagerly await his Leonard Floyd breakdown which ends with him commenting "Leonard Floyd is an elite NFL pass-rusher..."
Rory gonna Rory

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Rory gonna Rory

Breakdown was ok. Miller obviously has NFL-level ability and can get open against DB3's and 4's. I thought his non-catch in the playoff game was one of the biggest plays of the season, and he didn't exhibit great hands. Still so much more that needs to be seen about Miller. I thought when the reviewer used descriptions like "workhorse" and "productive", that was a bit much.

Not sure if Miller has the size/speed/hands traits to be a good starting WR, but he seems like at the very least to be a good slot WR if he can stay healthy. Sorry for offering an opinion.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Breakdown was ok. Miller obviously has NFL-level ability and can get open against DB3's and 4's. I thought his non-catch in the playoff game was one of the biggest plays of the season, and he didn't exhibit great hands. Still so much more that needs to be seen about Miller. I thought when the reviewer used descriptions like "workhorse" and "productive", that was a bit much.

Not sure if Miller has the size/speed/hands traits to be a good starting WR, but he seems like at the very least to be a good slot WR if he can stay healthy. Sorry for offering an opinion.
That was an opinion, the first one was mostly snark. Which is cool too. Be You.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
That was an opinion, the first one was mostly snark. Which is cool too. Be You.

I guess I didn't mention the glossing over of the playoff game and the over-the-top/inaccurate descriptions given to Miller in the breakdown? Cool. I guess "Rory gonna Rory" was not mostly snark, but a good rebuttal to my concerns regarding the breakdown.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did as well. We'll see if he shows up :)

Cool. I think if we ask a buncha the Best posters for content on the BEARs to join here, we could get overwhelmed with great content.
OMG that would be wonderful !!!
I'm gonna track down that poster that Adi started a thread about but I think he concentrates on all 32 teams

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

8 TDs is productive but I agree with the rest of your points