Breaking News: Kobe Bryant Dead!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I suppose its better than Miami retiring #23.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think the NBA should hold an exhibition game on August 24th. One time deal, call it the Kobe Memorial game.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Not a bad idea, but who plays in it?

G-League All-Stars vs WNBA All-Stars?

And give an incentive for the winner, so it's actually played. Like $25k per player on winning team, $15k per player on losing team. Additional $1,000 for every point in the margin of victory.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

And give an incentive for the winner, so it's actually played. Like $25k per player on winning team, $15k per player on losing team. Additional $1,000 for every point in the margin of victory.
WNBA all-stars get smoked.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
other victims, a mother and team mate daughter, a father mother and team mate daughter. another team mate, the pilot.

Just keep going back to LA police grounded their helicopters due to poor visability.

You gotta wonder what court this is going to end up in. I guess we can hope the non famous people get some prayers.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nobody can convince me that he didn't rape that woman in Colorado.

She went to the hospital shortly after it happened, and they found numerous injuries consistent with rape. When Kobe was brought in, he said nothing happened between them. After they said they had his DNA all over her, then he said everything that happened was consensual. Mmmhmm. If it was all consensual, why not lead with that?
Then, in order to avoid trial, he agrees to settle outside of court, while also issuing an apology in which he said he could see why she thought it wasn't consensual. He literally said, "I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. " WTF? I've slept with several women, some of them hundreds of times, and I can honestly say that I would could never see why a chick I slept with would view our time together as rape/sexual assault.

I feel terrible that his daughter and those other people had to go out that way, though.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

She went to the hospital shortly after it happened, and they found numerous injuries consistent with rape. When Kobe was brought in, he said nothing happened between them. After they said they had his DNA all over her, then he said everything that happened was consensual. Mmmhmm. If it was all consensual, why not lead with that?
Then, in order to avoid trial, he agrees to settle outside of court, while also issuing an apology in which he said he could see why she thought it wasn't consensual. He literally said, "I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. " WTF? I've slept with several women, some of them hundreds of times, and I can honestly say that I would could never see why a chick I slept with would view our time together as rape/sexual assault.

I feel terrible that his daughter and those other people had to go out that way, though.

I'm sure someone will get upset with you for bringing his rape allegations into this discussion. I'm not one of them. I think it's at best extremely disappointing (and very confusing in this #metoo era) that it's being largely ignored right now. For anyone that completely dismisses his accuser's story, I suggest reading this:

Btw-it's totally outrageous that Washington Post Journalist Felicia Sonmez was put on administrative leave for tweeting the above piece.

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure someone will get upset with you for bringing his rape allegations into this discussion. I'm not one of them. I think it's at best extremely disappointing (and very confusing in this #metoo era) that it's being largely ignored right now. For anyone that completely dismisses his accuser's story, I suggest reading this:

I posted something similar on FB and got some angry texts from friends haha... I honestly don't care. I'm not going to ignore something he did just because he was one of the greatest basketball players ever.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I posted something similar on FB and got some angry texts from friends haha... I honestly don't care. I'm not going to ignore something he did just because he was one of the greatest basketball players ever.

Ugh. Great basketball player or not, it's f*cking bizarre that in this era a person would be scrutinized (or even suspended) for bringing up a rape accusation.

Also, every journalist in the country should be up in arms about the suspension of Felicia Sonmez.

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ugh. Great basketball player or not, it's f*cking bizarre that in this era a person would scrutinized (or even suspended) for bringing up a rape accusation.

Also, every journalist in the country should be up in arms about the suspension of Felicia Sonmez.

It appears that many journalists are furious with The Post. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They are playing his final game on ESPN right now. I get why they are playing that game, but there's so many other one's I'd rather watch with much more significance to his career.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Right to your opinion, but bringing up something you cant prove when a tragedy happens. It shines a bad light. He did a lot for people around the world and players. Pointing to something that cant be proven, it seems like more hate.

There is holes in the womans story. She had sex shortly after her encounter with Bryant which isnt what rape victims tend to do. She said he forced her to stay in the room and wash her face. She later admitted it wasnt true and said it because she believed the detective didnt believe her. She wanted to become a singer and tried out for American Idol and didnt advance. She was on schizophrenic medication and tried to kill herself with sleeping pills before the event.

Bryant didnt admit to the sex, at first, because he was scared his wife would find out. This is common practice of high profile people.

I am not saying he didnt rape her, but no one can prove it either. Paying her off in a civil case is common practice. People just want it to go away and when you are super rich. You take that L of money.

Like I said, you have a right to your opinion just giving you my take why people may have got upset with you.

Beartex

Liked Posts:

Why not just have it be a exhibition game make the teams up of NBA and WNBA all stars. All proceeds could be given to like a Kobe Bryant foundation to help grow the game

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Why not just have it be a exhibition game make the teams up of NBA and WNBA all stars. All proceeds could be given to like a Kobe Bryant foundation to help grow the game

:unsure:

I'll phone the committee.