Breaking News: Kobe Bryant Dead!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Why not just have it be a exhibition game make the teams up of NBA and WNBA all stars. All proceeds could be given to like a Kobe Bryant foundation to help grow the game
Maybe they can give some money to the little girl that lost two sisters and her parents sunday morning.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I posted something similar on FB and got some angry texts from friends haha... I honestly don't care. I'm not going to ignore something he did just because he was one of the greatest basketball players ever.

I think it depends on how you go about it. You aren't being disrespectful about it so I don't see why people would be upset with what you have to say.

For example, I saw an article that compared Kobe to Harvey Weinstein. I think it's a fucking joke that someone is going to compare a man that has been excused by more than a dozen women, who has done this is whole life, to a guy accused by a single person and when he was at a young age. I'm not saying Kobe should be exempt because he was young, but I believe he made a horrible decision and as he got older he changed for the better.

Liked Posts:
They've only recovered 3 bodies so far, what is possibly causing the delay or is this normal? There are families who need to have funeral arrangements so they can get through this part of what is likely to be a long agonizing part of their lives.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
They've only recovered 3 bodies so far, what is possibly causing the delay or is this normal? There are families who need to have funeral arrangements so they can get through this part of what is likely to be a long agonizing part of their lives.
I believe they crashed into the side of a mountain and who knows if they flew out when they hit and got into the blades. But this got to know now world I guess you are entitled to know.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Right to your opinion, but bringing up something you cant prove when a tragedy happens. It shines a bad light. He did a lot for people around the world and players. Pointing to something that cant be proven, it seems like more hate.

There is holes in the womans story. She had sex shortly after her encounter with Bryant which isnt what rape victims tend to do. She said he forced her to stay in the room and wash her face. She later admitted it wasnt true and said it because she believed the detective didnt believe her. She wanted to become a singer and tried out for American Idol and didnt advance. She was on schizophrenic medication and tried to kill herself with sleeping pills before the event.

Bryant didnt admit to the sex, at first, because he was scared his wife would find out. This is common practice of high profile people.

I am not saying he didnt rape her, but no one can prove it either. Paying her off in a civil case is common practice. People just want it to go away and when you are super rich. You take that L of money.

Like I said, you have a right to your opinion just giving you my take why people may have got upset with you.

Fair points. Not here to litigate the facts, but just for the record, the accuser claims the other sexual encounter occurred prior to sleeping with Kobe. Kobe's defense team obviously argued the opposite. Both sides had "experts" prepared to argue this point at trial.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right to your opinion, but bringing up something you cant prove when a tragedy happens. It shines a bad light. He did a lot for people around the world and players. Pointing to something that cant be proven, it seems like more hate.

Kobe, literally in his own words, stated that he can understand why the victim thought she was raped.

This was literally Kobe:
1. I didn't sleep with her
2. Okay fine, I did, but it was consensual
3. Well.... I thought it was consensual. But now that I've taken time to think about it... I can see why she says it wasn't. But I still think it was! *major facepalm*

There is holes in the womans story. She had sex shortly after her encounter with Bryant which isnt what rape victims tend to do. She said he forced her to stay in the room and wash her face. She later admitted it wasnt true and said it because she believed the detective didnt believe her. She wanted to become a singer and tried out for American Idol and didnt advance. She was on schizophrenic medication and tried to kill herself with sleeping pills before the event.

Most of these things aren't even holes in her story.

1. She tried out for American Idol before any of this happened, so that's completely irrelevant. Even if it happened afterwards, the victim didn't want her identity revealed, so there was nothing to gain from it anyway.

2. As mentioned, the sexual encounter she had with another man reportedly happened before the encounter with Kobe. The defense said she "must have had sex afterwards", but there is no proof of that. Based on timing, it seems likely that it happened before, since she went to the hospital not long after the incident and reportedly didn't shower in the meantime.

3. Her being suicidal also isn't a hole in her story. The defense, again, tried trashing her and used her mental illness against her. Trying to make it seem like she was schizophrenic and maybe imagined everything was also stupid for two reasons. 1. Everything she said lined up. She said he was choking her... There were bruises on her neck. Kobe also admitted to doing it, but said it was "a kink." The rape kit showed vaginal trauma consistent with rape. Blood was found on Kobe's shirt, from the victim's vagina, since she had no wounds elsewhere. She wasn't on her period... So clearly the sex was rough enough and she was dry enough (sign of not being sexually aroused) that she would bleed. 2. Kobe stated that he never asked for consent, and then, again, even admitted that he understood why she thought it wasn't consensual after hearing her story. If she was absolutely crazy and making shit up, don't you think he would be like, "Ummm that never happened..." He pretty much said that everything she said is true.... but that he thought it was consensual.

4. Her lying to the detective about him forcing to wash her face isn't good...true. But, I'd argue that's a very minor detail in the grand scheme of things. Yes, you could argue back that if she lied about something small, why not lie about something bigger? That brings me to.......

Bryant didnt admit to the sex, at first, because he was scared his wife would find out. This is common practice of high profile people.

If it's reasonable to see why Kobe would lie because he didn't want his wife finding out he cheated.... isn't reasonable to see why the victim would lie after feeling like the detective didn't believe her? Victims of rape often don't want to come forward out of fear of not being taken seriously. I figure this is amplified when coming out against someone famous.

Also, if Kobe was so worried about his wife finding out he cheated, he wouldn't have been all like, "Ask Michelle! We have sex all the time like that... We have sex regularly!" For someone who lies to the cops so his wife doesn't find out he's cheating, he sure seemed to have zero problems talking about how much he actually cheats on his wife an outing himself even more.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it depends on how you go about it. You aren't being disrespectful about it so I don't see why people would be upset with what you have to say.

For example, I saw an article that compared Kobe to Harvey Weinstein. I think it's a fucking joke that someone is going to compare a man that has been excused by more than a dozen women, who has done this is whole life, to a guy accused by a single person and when he was at a young age. I'm not saying Kobe should be exempt because he was young, but I believe he made a horrible decision and as he got older he changed for the better.

I think if you knew someone who got raped, you wouldn't care about what good the rapist did.

Someone very, very close to me was raped not long ago. I saw/see the struggles daily. I don't give a fuck if her rapist cures cancer, I hope he dies a terrible death.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kobe, literally in his own words, stated that he can understand why the victim thought she was raped.

This was literally Kobe:
1. I didn't sleep with her
2. Okay fine, I did, but it was consensual
3. Well.... I thought it was consensual. But now that I've taken time to think about it... I can see why she says it wasn't. But I still think it was! *major facepalm*

Most of these things aren't even holes in her story.

1. She tried out for American Idol before any of this happened, so that's completely irrelevant. Even if it happened afterwards, the victim didn't want her identity revealed, so there was nothing to gain from it anyway.

2. As mentioned, the sexual encounter she had with another man reportedly happened before the encounter with Kobe. The defense said she "must have had sex afterwards", but there is no proof of that. Based on timing, it seems likely that it happened before, since she went to the hospital not long after the incident and reportedly didn't shower in the meantime.

3. Her being suicidal also isn't a hole in her story. The defense, again, tried trashing her and used her mental illness against her. Trying to make it seem like she was schizophrenic and maybe imagined everything was also stupid for two reasons. 1. Everything she said lined up. She said he was choking her... There were bruises on her neck. Kobe also admitted to doing it, but said it was "a kink." The rape kit showed vaginal trauma consistent with rape. Blood was found on Kobe's shirt, from the victim's vagina, since she had no wounds elsewhere. She wasn't on her period... So clearly the sex was rough enough and she was dry enough (sign of not being sexually aroused) that she would bleed. 2. Kobe stated that he never asked for consent, and then, again, even admitted that he understood why she thought it wasn't consensual after hearing her story. If she was absolutely crazy and making shit up, don't you think he would be like, "Ummm that never happened..." He pretty much said that everything she said is true.... but that he thought it was consensual.

4. Her lying to the detective about him forcing to wash her face isn't good...true. But, I'd argue that's a very minor detail in the grand scheme of things. Yes, you could argue back that if she lied about something small, why not lie about something bigger? That brings me to.......

If it's reasonable to see why Kobe would lie because he didn't want his wife finding out he cheated.... isn't reasonable to see why the victim would lie after feeling like the detective didn't believe her? Victims of rape often don't want to come forward out of fear of not being taken seriously. I figure this is amplified when coming out against someone famous.

Also, if Kobe was so worried about his wife finding out he cheated, he wouldn't have been all like, "Ask Michelle! We have sex all the time like that... We have sex regularly!" For someone who lies to the cops so his wife doesn't find out he's cheating, he sure seemed to have zero problems talking about how much he actually cheats on his wife an outing himself even more.
So, to sum it up. You dont have proof. He has never been accused again. He dies so you choose that time to talk about it again. I gave you he could have raped but nothing in your response proved he did. So, you are talking about a tragedy. Yet again, believe what you want but you have no concrete proof like I cant exonerate him. Its a bad light

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair points. Not here to litigate the facts, but just for the record, the accuser claims the other sexual encounter occurred prior to sleeping with Kobe. Kobe's defense team obviously argued the opposite. Both sides had "experts" prepared to argue this point at trial.
No issues, my point wasnt to prove his innocence. He could have done it. I just dont find this the time to bring it up like he did it. There isnt enough proof. BNB has fair points. I just find it the wrong to bring up something that no one cane prove one way or another. He obviously never got in the situation again. So, to point to something as fact when it isnt to our knowledge seems like hate. My only point. No qualms and BNB is a great poster.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Nobody is asking anyone to forget about Kobe’s past. I think the other issue are the people grandstanding about it, in the wake of his death. As if the people bringing it up are the arbiter of what rehabilitation looks like. Did he rape her? Probably, but I don’t know. What I do know is that he was a big supporter of the WNBA and the USWNT.

That doesn’t absolve him from a very shady, probably rape, situation in Colorado, but it, at the very least, showed an attempt to make amends. Again, if people who’ve never met him (and I’m cynical enough to think a lot of that was indeed a business move) want to be the arbiter of rehabilitation, so be it.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with #2 but crapped happened, it's not like Larry David and you are all jumping torward's resource

last time i remember he cheated and was stuffing a regular, ***** Pit card is in my ass hole where I have better wire then his excuses. I'm sorry but God caught the better of bad person unless she went crazy.

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with #2 but crapped happened, it's not like Larry David and you are all jumping torward's resource

last time i remember he cheated and was stuffing a regular, ***** Pit card is in my ass hole where I have better wire then his excuses. I'm sorry but God caught the better of bad person unless she went crazy.
Maybe I'm tripping, but I have no idea what you just said.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

giphy.webp

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Karma nah drink the well VJ, 7-9 die, 3 em pups. Stink think that, aint nah, not now. she scared of the black mamba and want to go home, then pop the ass tight choke da screams. Chokers kink power rape.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok...I have no idea what some of these random posts are, but anyway, does it feel like people keep dying when they fly private? My wife is trying to get a pilot license and I told her I would never fly with her. I feel like if I'm going to fly somewhere, I'm flying commercial. It seems every other week, you hear of a private plane going down.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok...I have no idea what some of these random posts are, but anyway, does it feel like people keep dying when they fly private? My wife is trying to get a pilot license and I told her I would never fly with her. I feel like if I'm going to fly somewhere, I'm flying commercial. It seems every other week, you hear of a private plane going down.

I'm still confused about whose Chopper that was...because I thought Kobe had a different chopper, they keep showing footage of that model but its not Kobe's black chopper with the nike emblem.

Did they use a commercial charter that day or Kobe chartered pilots from an agency and it was his own chopper?